Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453830 times)

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R10][40.24] <Clerics & Skeletons>
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2015, 01:58:34 am »

And also important! I've got a bug which crashes my game during advanced world generation at about 50-100 year what can I do with it?

Which advanced world gen parameter are you using? Fire & Ice is buggy, and will rarely make it past year 100 currently.
It crashes at large region 250 years full gen parameter I haven't used other gens but I will try and see if it will crash again

Sometimes, you can get very unlucky in world gen. There are several vanilla world crashes that may be exasperated by the Dark Ages mod. Although, I have not had many crashes in world gen lately.

You can always use the Ironhand world I uploaded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l31owqjplhsu4j3/region250SethIron.zip?dl=0
I've tried 5 times to generate in adv world gen and 1,3,4,5 time it just crashed and 2 time it just rejected all the worlds.
But thanks for the world finally I will play dark ages again
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 19, 2015, 02:25:11 am »

When I created my character my OWN diety attacked me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and a picture
and thanks to dfusion now I play as diety

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 20, 2015, 05:02:11 pm »

And also important! I've got a bug which crashes my game during advanced world generation at about 50-100 year what can I do with it?

Which advanced world gen parameter are you using? Fire & Ice is buggy, and will rarely make it past year 100 currently.
It crashes at large region 250 years full gen parameter I haven't used other gens but I will try and see if it will crash again

Sometimes, you can get very unlucky in world gen. There are several vanilla world crashes that may be exasperated by the Dark Ages mod. Although, I have not had many crashes in world gen lately.

You can always use the Ironhand world I uploaded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l31owqjplhsu4j3/region250SethIron.zip?dl=0
I've tried 5 times to generate in adv world gen and 1,3,4,5 time it just crashed and 2 time it just rejected all the worlds.

Are you running DFHack during world gen? That can cause problems.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 22, 2015, 12:05:02 pm »

Are you running DFHack during world gen? That can cause problems.
Oh I WAS running dfhack now I see a problem.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Introducing: Mars 2030 & Advent RPG
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2015, 02:56:10 am »

I was a Dungeon Master/Game Master for about a decade of tabletop RPGs like D&D, Gamma World, Alternity, Call of Cthulhu, and Pathfinder. I've also made a handful of published (and unpublished) PC games over the years.

Currently, I'm close to completing my new PC game, Mars 2030. A simulated journey to Mars with a procedurally generated crew.

Check it out and vote "Yes" on Steam Greenlight. Your vote is a huge help for the Dark Ages mod.

Mars 2030:  http://mars-2030.com
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:59:09 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2015, 12:29:25 pm »

Totally forgot you were the creator of this mod for a second and was about to blast you for spamming in random threads  :P Best of luck with your game! I voted it up

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:20 am »

Totally forgot you were the creator of this mod for a second and was about to blast you for spamming in random threads  :P Best of luck with your game! I voted it up

Thank you! ;)

Wanted to be sure Dark Ages players had a chance to play in another simulated environment I'm working on, and lend support to Dark Ages development indirectly.   

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 18, 2015, 09:48:09 am »

I have 3 separate DF installs right now, and having stumbled on a random Lets Play of this mod, looks like I'm about to make a fourth.

Edit: My Founders started with (that is, in addition to the Skills I picked) Competent Skill in; Armorsmith, Weaponsmith, Stonecrafting, and Mining.  One of them even had Competent Herbalist without my prompting.  I'm going to roll with it, but first impression is this seems both overpowered and kinda pointless, since I won't be equipping and training a Militia for at least a year.  Even then, 90% of the time my first squadron is Marksdwarves.

Edit 2: That Fortress crashed.  When I made a new one, nobody had preset skills.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:40:59 pm by Immortal-D »

Kretus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 18, 2015, 01:39:14 pm »

For some reason if I use the starter pack launcher and switch the tileset to Phoebus all the text and terrain changes to phoebus normally but units and adventurers still use the visuals from Ironhand. Is this normal and how can I make it use phoebus (or any other tileset for that matter) for units?
Edit: I tried playing it with spacefox tileset instead. Units still use Ironhand. Can someone give me a fix or something?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:02:46 pm by Kretus »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:03 am »

I have 3 separate DF installs right now, and having stumbled on a random Lets Play of this mod, looks like I'm about to make a fourth.

Edit: My Founders started with (that is, in addition to the Skills I picked) Competent Skill in; Armorsmith, Weaponsmith, Stonecrafting, and Mining.  One of them even had Competent Herbalist without my prompting.  I'm going to roll with it, but first impression is this seems both overpowered and kinda pointless, since I won't be equipping and training a Militia for at least a year.  Even then, 90% of the time my first squadron is Marksdwarves.

Edit 2: That Fortress crashed.  When I made a new one, nobody had preset skills.

Sounds like you started with Legendary Dwarves. You will find they are less overpowered as you begin to encounter more Dark Ages denizens...

For some reason if I use the starter pack launcher and switch the tileset to Phoebus all the text and terrain changes to phoebus normally but units and adventurers still use the visuals from Ironhand. Is this normal and how can I make it use phoebus (or any other tileset for that matter) for units?
Edit: I tried playing it with spacefox tileset instead. Units still use Ironhand. Can someone give me a fix or something?

Dark Ages creatures are all based on the Ironhand tileset. So most tiles and creatures will use whatever tileset you selected, however, the special monsters and characters of the mod will still use Ironhand.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:14:07 pm by Rammok »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2015, 02:32:43 pm »

I just downloaded a copy of R10. The folder inside is named R8, but I suppose that's inconsequential.

Trying to view the age events in any of the worlds I've generated crashes the game. I'm going to take a nebulous guess that it has to do with the other issue I'm seeing --
There are "nothing" creatures, each associated with every religious symbol, which smells an awful lot like a duplicate raw issue, but I'm not seeing an errorlog like I would expect from such.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #431 on: October 31, 2015, 12:14:28 am »

I just downloaded a copy of R10. The folder inside is named R8, but I suppose that's inconsequential.

Trying to view the age events in any of the worlds I've generated crashes the game. I'm going to take a nebulous guess that it has to do with the other issue I'm seeing --
There are "nothing" creatures, each associated with every religious symbol, which smells an awful lot like a duplicate raw issue, but I'm not seeing an errorlog like I would expect from such.

Thank you for reporting this. The R8 folder name needs to be updated to R10. The contents are R10.

As far as crashing when trying to view the age of events, I believe you are referring to legends mode. Yes, when you press enter on "Age of Myth" in legend mode, DF will crash 100% of the time. Probably due to an overload of historic events caused by Dark Ages modifications to the Age of Myth.

For this reason, I highly recommend using the included Legends Viewer instead.

As far as the "nothings" go. These are sadly just creatures with no caste name tags. This is a known issue, although I add them whenever I notice one and recently fixed a bunch.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:17:44 am by GM-X »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 02, 2015, 12:28:18 am »

Any chance you could make beasts or other monsters playable in Adventure Mode?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #433 on: November 02, 2015, 12:34:35 am »

Many monsters you can become during the course of play, but, I've wanted to add creature adventure classes.

What did you have in mind?

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 02, 2015, 12:43:40 pm »

Many monsters you can become during the course of play, but, I've wanted to add creature adventure classes.

What did you have in mind?

Probably not megabeasts or anything too crazy, but definitely some lower-tier monsters and fantasy beasts from the start. Banshees, Harpies, Trolls, maybe even Sasquatches and the like, or bigger things if you want.

With the new features coming in DF's update it'd be neat to be some ravaging monster that finally gets slain, then you later hear Bards singing about you or something. Not many RPGs let you be the monster that you're usually out slaying.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:45:50 pm by Morgoth »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 92