Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447918 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<~Dark Ages II: War & Mythos~>] Vanilla + Horror [43.04] [v34][64-bit]
« Reply #645 on: June 26, 2016, 05:03:41 am »

Ive noticed a bug in Adv mode. (v34) When i wanted to make a stone axe some weird reactions appear. I gather stones using custom reaction, but when i knap them nothing ever comes out (even though my knapping skill goes up to competent), if i do the same with normaly gathered rocks i get sharpened rock. then when i want to carve branch into helve the output is different every time, sometimes jug sometimes pot or scroll rollers. Then when I combine sharpened rock with these to create an axe, I got bookcases, hives, stools, beds and nestboxes. There is probably some memory indexing problem.

Is this the 64-bit version? I haven't tested those reactions in a while but this sounds like a weird vanilla bug.  :-\
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

TheBricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:06 am »

I dont know if its a 64 bit version, I just downloaded latest one from Your website with starter pack (im lazy).

WakeMeUp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 27, 2016, 11:47:14 am »

This mod FTW!

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 28, 2016, 12:04:47 pm »

I'm unable to get the non 64 bit version of the game running. At first it says it is missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll. I replaced the missing files with the ones from the 64 bit download. Now I get an error that the game can not start.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Gems: Slab, Goblet, and Statue.

I forgot to add stone beds, but these requested gem reactions were added and uploaded. No version changes are noted so only the file date has changed.

This mod FTW!

Welcome to Dark Ages.

Ive noticed a bug in Adv mode. (v34) When i wanted to make a stone axe some weird reactions appear. I gather stones using custom reaction, but when i knap them nothing ever comes out (even though my knapping skill goes up to competent), if i do the same with normaly gathered rocks i get sharpened rock. then when i want to carve branch into helve the output is different every time, sometimes jug sometimes pot or scroll rollers. Then when I combine sharpened rock with these to create an axe, I got bookcases, hives, stools, beds and nestboxes. There is probably some memory indexing problem.

I'm unable to get the non 64 bit version of the game running. At first it says it is missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll. I replaced the missing files with the ones from the 64 bit download. Now I get an error that the game can not start.

Toady One just posted about there being some issues with .dll files: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

"Work on the 64-bit version is ongoing. So far we have a windows test version and a linux test version. Here's a 32-bit Windows version that should clean up some DLL issues..."

It can sometimes be overactive anti-virus. Personally, I've not had any issues starting it and generating worlds using Windows 10, and I never make any changes to these files. Not done much testing, but apparently there is only a slight performance increase for the current 64-bit version.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:45:26 am by GM-X »

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

about the weird stone axe thing ... i just tryed to do it in the non 64bit version and it kept giveing me random items like bowls and jugs

hoping it can be fixed soon ... thx in advance
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

about the weird stone axe thing ... i just tryed to do it in the non 64bit version and it kept giveing me random items like bowls and jugs

hoping it can be fixed soon ... thx in advance

Can someone confirm this is working okay in vanilla DF? I know Toady One has been tinkering with Stone Axes but I've not knowingly made any changes that would affect this reaction.

Here is the link to v33 Start Pack in case a solution isn't quickly forthcoming: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eaauqgnijzs1p5a/DAII%20War%20%26%20Myth%20%5Bv33%5D%20%5B43.03%5D%5BStartPack%5D.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:25:38 am by GM-X »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

That happens if the product has a valid item type but no valid item subtype. It will create a random subtype that is enabled in the entity file in that case.

For example TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STOEN_AXE:INORGANIC:GRANITE (with a typo in the STONE_AXE part) would not find the correct item in the item files and instead create a random TOOL:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE.

You just need to compare the product IDs with the item IDs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

That happens if the product has a valid item type but no valid item subtype. It will create a random subtype that is enabled in the entity file in that case.

For example TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STOEN_AXE:INORGANIC:GRANITE (with a typo in the STONE_AXE part) would not find the correct item in the item files and instead create a random TOOL:NONE:INORGANIC:GRANITE.

You just need to compare the product IDs with the item IDs.

While I definitely appreciate the knowledge of how random items could be substituted in a reaction, it doesn't seem to explain what is happening in this case. The reactions are 100% vanilla as follows:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ASSEMBLE STONE AXE]
[NAME:assemble stone axe]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:helve:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HELVE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:stone:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_EDGE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STONE_AXE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:axe]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

In that case it might be a DUPLICATE object, which would appear as such in an errorlog. Other than that I could not think of an explanation, except a vanilla DF bug that can not be affected through modding.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Soon as this and Therapist hit the stable (ish) 64-bit version, I'm using some vacation time to play for a week.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:54:46 am by GM-X »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
Re: [64-bit][<~DAII: War & Mythos~>] Vanilla + Horror [43.05] [v34b]
« Reply #657 on: July 07, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

Just downloaded the latest release of DAII, but It seems that it's just vanilla dwarf fortress with LNP? Did I click the wrong link? I clicked the big green download button. The ASCII version seems to contain all the mod stuff, but the starter pack version does not.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:35:44 pm by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #658 on: July 07, 2016, 04:52:46 pm »

Just downloaded the latest release of DAII, but It seems that it's just vanilla dwarf fortress with LNP? Did I click the wrong link? I clicked the big green download button. The ASCII version seems to contain all the mod stuff, but the starter pack version does not.

Thank you for reporting this. It was a late night. I just uploaded a version with actual Dark Ages content. Same Start Pack link, new date.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 07, 2016, 06:33:03 pm »

Thank you for reporting this. It was a late night. I just uploaded a version with actual Dark Ages content. Same Start Pack link, new date.

Thanks, and no problem. I've done similar things before.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 91