Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 454178 times)

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I discovered what was causing the issue with stone axes and helves to occur in adventure mode. Apparently helves and stone axes did not exist inside the item_tools.txt and this was causing it to replace it with random other tools.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I discovered what was causing the issue with stone axes and helves to occur in adventure mode. Apparently helves and stone axes did not exist inside the item_tools.txt and this was causing it to replace it with random other tools.

Confirmed, thank you. An old version of the raw was being copied. Fixed it now, and uploaded with no version changes.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

who_cares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to report the wrong version being uploaded but my account didn't get approved until recently.
Since I have one now, I might as well ask this question:
Rockforges seem to need slicing knives to be built, and I just cant seem to get any in fort mode (I didn't try asking for them in the caravan though).
The raws said something about pickaxes, so I made sure to have plenty available, but it looks like it's really slicing knives it actually wants.

Was this really intended, considering how difficult slicing knives seem to come by?
Thanks.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I wanted to report the wrong version being uploaded but my account didn't get approved until recently.
Since I have one now, I might as well ask this question:
Rockforges seem to need slicing knives to be built, and I just cant seem to get any in fort mode (I didn't try asking for them in the caravan though).
The raws said something about pickaxes, so I made sure to have plenty available, but it looks like it's really slicing knives it actually wants.

Was this really intended, considering how difficult slicing knives seem to come by?
Thanks.

Howdy, the Rockforge requires: a block, a pickax, and mechanisms. I just took a look, and there was a typo in the pickax line so thank you for reporting this. I uploaded a hot fix, to retain your saved game use this line in the building_dark_ages raw instead:

Code: [Select]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 07:42:18 pm by GM-X »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

After reading about .dll problems I ran a scan of the main pack with VirusTotal for curiosity's sake. It resulted in it finding 5 trojans, 6 total but 1 was a definite false positive. I was confused by this, and tried scanning the ASCII version. No trojans except the same false positive which also reports for vanilla DF. I noticed the only difference between the main pack and ASCII pack is a lack of Lazynewb's programs. I downloaded his pack standalone and scanned it, and got the same trojan results. Four of them I could ignore, as I've never heard of the programs and they could be FPs. However, McAfee was one of the antiviruses that reported a trojan, and while McAfee isn't great, it's still something to possibly consider. Does the LNP have trojans in it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 07:49:33 pm by Morgoth »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

After reading about .dll problems I ran a scan of the main pack with VirusTotal for curiosity's sake. It resulted in it finding 5 trojans, 6 total but 1 was a definite false positive. I was confused by this, and tried scanning the ASCII version. No trojans except the same false positive which also reports for vanilla DF. I noticed the only difference between the main pack and ASCII pack is a lack of Lazynewb's programs. I downloaded his pack standalone and scanned it, and got the same trojan results. Four of them I could ignore, as I've never heard of the programs and they could be FPs. However, McAfee was one of the antiviruses that reported a trojan, and while McAfee isn't great, it's still something to possibly consider. Does the LNP have trojans in it?

Hi Morgoth,

Same start pack I've used for months created by PeridexisErrant and my antivirus scan consistently shows no threats or suspicious activity. Random reports of problemitic scans have appeared in this thread and on reddit about utilities in the Start Pack. This is probably due to the file appearing new each time it gets zipped up, and therefore suffers from an unknown reputation.

It's also possible, that other files on a PC are affected and that new downloads only appear to have problems. No one has reported the Start Pack causing any problems, or I would instantly remove it. I use it myself "as is" save for deleting large and outdated utilities.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:30:00 pm by GM-X »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

Hi Morgoth,

Same start pack I've used for months created by PeridexisErrant and my antivirus scan consistently shows no threats or suspicious activity. Random reports of problemitic scans have appeared in this thread and on reddit about utilities in the Start Pack. This is probably due to the file appearing new each time it gets zipped up, and therefore suffers from an unknown reputation.

It's also possible, that other files on a PC are affected and that new downloads only appear to have problems. No one has reported the Start Pack causing any problems, or I would instantly remove it. I use it myself "as is" save for deleting large and outdated utilities.

Thanks for the response. I've also used DA and LNP for a long time and have never had any issues. As my own antivirus software doesn't register anything malicious with it, and since all but one of the antivirus programs on VirusTotal are obscure ones I've never heard of, except McAfee (which has a known reputation of false positive reporting), I'll treat these trojans as false positives. Only 6 antivirus programs on VirusTotal out of 55 reported it as malicious anyway.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Any monster adventure class requests? -Dark Elf Vampires are the most powerful "monster" adventure class to date.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

Is it fine to set the End Year for the main world generation higher than 175?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

You can, your mileage may vary. History peaks early in DF world gen then abates so in many ways these are the "good" years. Recent versions of DF + DA seem to "give up" around 250-years or so, except in pocket worlds. I can adjust the stable end year in a number of ways, but some issues may have been resolved by the latest DF update: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

-Fixed problem with artistic skill assignment causing world histories to diverge
-Fixed problem with worldgen trade causing world histories to diverge
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:18:16 am by GM-X »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

You can, your mileage may vary. History peaks early in DF world gen then abates so in many ways these are the "good" years. Recent versions of DF + DA seem to "give up" around 250-years or so, except in pocket worlds. I can adjust the stable end year in a number of ways, but some issues may have been resolved by the latest DF update: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

-Fixed problem with artistic skill assignment causing world histories to diverge

Awesome. I'll try it. My only gripe with 175Y is that you've got a very large world but not much going on throughout it. Certain regions have high activity, but it feels like civs haven't built up and expanded enough, so you've got some crowded and bustling regions, but massive swathes of nothing in between. If the history give-up problems are fixed, I'm guessing a longer history results in a more populated world.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Awesome. I'll try it. My only gripe with 175Y is that you've got a very large world but not much going on throughout it. Certain regions have high activity, but it feels like civs haven't built up and expanded enough, so you've got some crowded and bustling regions, but massive swathes of nothing in between. If the history give-up problems are fixed, I'm guessing a longer history results in a more populated world.

Expansionism is what the DA mod and advanced world parameters explicitly encourage. Ideally I go back and test this each new version and world gen fix. As I recall, somewhere around 200-300 years civs generally stop expanding much and instead dispute over the same sites over and over (not unlike real life). Civs also tend to go extinct around this same point. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:09:44 pm by GM-X »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

Expansionism is what the DA mod and advanced world parameters explicitly encourage. Ideally I go back and test this each new version and world gen fix. As I recall, somewhere around 200-300 years civs generally stop expanding much and instead dispute over the same sites over and over (not unlike real life). Civs also tend to go extinct around this same point. 

Understood.

Also, is it possible to install Graphics packs over the ASCII version? For performance reasons I don't like using the LNP version, but the tilesets I keep seeing require me to overwrite DA's raws, which I'm guessing will undo the mod's changes.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soon as this and Therapist hit the stable (ish) 64-bit version, I'm using some vacation time to play for a week.

Now we just need Therapist! :D
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 92