Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452398 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Dark Ages II: War & Mythos [43.05] [v35] [64-bit] has been released.

"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."
  • 8 Horrific Forms of Evil Rainfall/5 Regional Disturbance Effects.
  • 8 Melee Weapons including: Scythe, Sickle, and Executioner's Sword can now be crafted by Dwarves.
  • Red Dragon Adventure Class (only): With daring Humanoid & Dragon forms. (Will not randomly burn down visit Forts.)
  • Green Men (by IndigoFenix) have arisen: Appear in nature or play one in Adventure mode.
  • Dire Rats & Dire Rat men have arisen.
  • Firelocks fixed (again). Gunshop menus clarified.
  • New (highly) stable/fast Advanced World Parameter with denser history.
PC Download: [DAII: War & Mythos] [Start Pack]
ASCII Download: (13MB)
Ironhand Download: (16MB)
Release Version: v35 (DFHack not required.)
Release Notes: Not all Start Pack utilities work with DF version 43.05.
Race Lore: War & Mythos
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:43:46 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I feel like it'd be neat if there was an adventure class that spawns with a Firelock. Explorer, for that obnoxious-european-wanderer feel, perhaps?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I feel like it'd be neat if there was an adventure class that spawns with a Firelock. Explorer, for that obnoxious-european-wanderer feel, perhaps?

Hi Amperzand. For the record, currently any adventurer with a Battle Ax can craft an Arquebus directly and unlimited ammo (using Dark Ages Adventure Crafting).

An obnoxious european-wanderer class does sound like a fitting addition. It would help flesh out a DF investigator class which I'm still kicking around.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:35:59 pm by GM-X »

who_cares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regarding those new weapon reactions you added:
I've tried forging scythes, sickles and broad axes so far, the forging doesn't use any fuel, you can't choose what material to forge them out of (unless you setup stockpiles the old way I guess?), and more importantly a single "make scythe", "make sickle" "make broad axe" reaction gives you DOZENS of such weapons out of a single bar.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Regarding those new weapon reactions you added:
I've tried forging scythes, sickles and broad axes so far, the forging doesn't use any fuel, you can't choose what material to forge them out of (unless you setup stockpiles the old way I guess?), and more importantly a single "make scythe", "make sickle" "make broad axe" reaction gives you DOZENS of such weapons out of a single bar.

Hi who_cares. I uploaded v35a with no release notes. Please overwrite the following block of code in the reaction_dark_ages.txt file in your saved game raws and let me know if this resolves the issue:

===========================================================================================================
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
===========================================================================================================
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:19:40 am by GM-X »

who_cares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The reactions can't be run (they're red).
The reagents lists consist of 1 single "BEST_OPTION-producing metal bars" (that's what I seem to be missing)
I have iron and steel laying around, though, and plenty of fuel. As well as a few non-weapon-grade bars.

The fuel part was fixed I believe.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:41:22 am by who_cares »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

The reactions can't be run (they're red).
The reagents lists consist of 1 single "BEST_OPTION-producing metal bars" (that's what I seem to be missing)
I have iron and steel laying around, though, and plenty of fuel. As well as a few non-weapon-grade bars.

The fuel part was fixed I believe.

Okay. I've updated the code block in reply #696. Copy and paste it again and it should at let you use the old stockpile method  + fuel in your current world while I look into this further.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:32:48 am by GM-X »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

GM-X, reactions that use metal bars need to consume 150 BAR, rather than 1, for each bar you want them to use, since a single bar of metal has a product dimension of 150.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

who_cares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. I've updated the code block in reply #696. Copy and paste it again and it should at let you use the old stockpile method  + fuel in your current world while I look into this further.

Yup, it's better now.

Regarding Rockforges:
I tried making a gem block. A large gem was moved into the workshop.
At the end of the "make gem block" order, the large gem was still there, seemingly unchanged, and there was no gem block anywhere.
The large gem didn't count as a block either (I couldnt use it for a well).

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

GM-X, reactions that use metal bars need to consume 150 BAR, rather than 1, for each bar you want them to use, since a single bar of metal has a product dimension of 150.

Thank you for informing me Thuellai. Using the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] tag is why I'm getting away with 1.

Yup, it's better now.

Regarding Rockforges:
I tried making a gem block. A large gem was moved into the workshop.
At the end of the "make gem block" order, the large gem was still there, seemingly unchanged, and there was no gem block anywhere.
The large gem didn't count as a block either (I couldnt use it for a well).

Okay, copy and overwrite the following code block into your saved game raws and gem blocks should work too:

==============================================================================
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==============================================================================

Version W&M v35a has just been released which should mostly resolve the issues reported by who_cares. Only the download release date/time has changed as usual for hot fixes. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:02:27 am by GM-X »

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile

Is there a place I can check for some information about some of the mods features? For example, silk worms. I just noticed that my stock of starting silk worms are dying off, is there a way I can breed them?

[edit] nvrmnd, figured it out. Nest boxes, should have known. Still the other question though. Is there something like a "Dark Ages II wiki?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:53:59 pm by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Is there a place I can check for some information about some of the mods features? For example, silk worms. I just noticed that my stock of starting silk worms are dying off, is there a way I can breed them?

[edit] nvrmnd, figured it out. Nest boxes, should have known. Still the other question though. Is there something like a "Dark Ages II wiki?"

It has been a long time since I started a Wiki. The main issue is time. I'm currently developing several other games/mods (including Mars 2030 1.2) and a Pathfinder book. It actually takes me longer to create a Wiki (or a detailed guidebook or website) than it does to add new content or write code. At some point I hope to have the time (and energy) to fully document W&M, but since DF and this mod are constantly updated it represents a formidable challenge.

I'm willing to at least start a Wiki at some point soon. Especially if more players express an interest in it.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I downloaded the ASCII 0.43.05 version of W&M. While checking it for compatibility, I might have found a few problems
The mod includes a few vanilla files from previous versions of Dwarf Fortress.

Files identical to old vanilla files:
   body_default.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.01
   creature_next_underground.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.04
   creature_standard.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03
   plant_crops.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.02
   plant_standard.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.02
   reaction_adv_carpenter.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.02

I think there also might be some parts of the entity_default.txt file that are from older versions of Dwarf Fortress.

It might be easier to keep your mod updated if you stop bundling it with Dwarf Fortress and use the "reduced raw" format instead (by only including the files that the mod modifies).

It looks like W&M might only need to modify these files:

raw/objects:
   book_art.txt
   book_instruction.txt
   entity_default.txt
   inorganic_stone_mineral.txt
   material_template_default.txt

data/init:
   world_gen.txt

By keeping it the mod separate from the vanilla files, it makes it harder to accidentally include old vanilla files. This format also make it easier for users to mix different mods together and allows them to easily see if two mods are trying to edit the same file.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I downloaded the ASCII 0.43.05 version of W&M. While checking it for compatibility, I might have found a few problems
The mod includes a few vanilla files from previous versions of Dwarf Fortress.

Files identical to old vanilla files:
   body_default.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.01
   creature_next_underground.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.04
   creature_standard.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03
   plant_crops.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.02
   plant_standard.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.02
   reaction_adv_carpenter.txt - from Dwarf Fortress v0.43.02

I think there also might be some parts of the entity_default.txt file that are from older versions of Dwarf Fortress.

It might be easier to keep your mod updated if you stop bundling it with Dwarf Fortress and use the "reduced raw" format instead (by only including the files that the mod modifies).

It looks like W&M might only need to modify these files:

raw/objects:
   book_art.txt
   book_instruction.txt
   entity_default.txt
   inorganic_stone_mineral.txt
   material_template_default.txt

data/init:
   world_gen.txt

By keeping it the mod separate from the vanilla files, it makes it harder to accidentally include old vanilla files. This format also make it easier for users to mix different mods together and allows them to easily see if two mods are trying to edit the same file.

Thank you for the comparative report. v35b has been released, which updates the six raws. The tweaked vanilla entity raw I will review for the next DF update, which appears to be soon.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

hmm wonder if it's okay to keep a "this is a 64bit only mod" or [64bit] label next to the download section on the main page for incase someone accidently thinks this mod would work on their computer and ends up not.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 92