Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452285 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm wonder if it's okay to keep a "this is a 64bit only mod" or [64bit] label next to the download section on the main page for incase someone accidentally thinks this mod would work on their computer and ends up not.

This was added to the OP release notes.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Current version is crashing every single time I try to generate a world. I've tried deleting it and redownloading it, restarting my computer, running as administrator. But it simply refuses to generate a world. I can get them to go for a little bit, and pocket sized worlds seem to generate alright, but eventually it just crashes. I can't generate a small or larger world past year 20-50 usually. and sometimes it just crashes outright. It always happens when generating history as well. So clearly something is being rather fucky.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:27:20 pm by Sorgklaan »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will gen a few worlds later tonight. My last round of tests on v35 were working better than usual due to fixes that Toady One made. Meanwhile, you may want to try generating a world with the ASCII version.

Is anyone else having trouble?

::)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:55:35 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Current version is crashing every single time I try to generate a world. I've tried deleting it and redownloading it, restarting my computer, running as administrator. But it simply refuses to generate a world. I can get them to go for a little bit, and pocket sized worlds seem to generate alright, but eventually it just crashes. I can't generate a small or larger world past year 20-50 usually. and sometimes it just crashes outright. It always happens when generating history as well. So clearly something is being rather fucky.

The ASCII version has been re-tested and is working well. Which version of Windows are you running and how much RAM do you have?

(v35b) Medium Region Year 175: 33MB
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:16:15 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ASCII version has been re-tested and is working well. Which version of Windows are you running and how much RAM do you have?

Windows 10 and 8 gigs. I am indeed using the ascii version as well.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Windows 10 and 8 gigs. I am indeed using the ascii version as well.

Okay, doesn't sound like your system then. Sometimes you get unlucky with world gens, but I generated about 10 medium worlds and only 1 crashed before year 175.

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

could just be some odd difference in my system as well. it's fine though, I'm fine with shorter histories.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

could just be some odd difference in my system as well. it's fine though, I'm fine with shorter histories.

In War & Mythos, the history at 175-years is much denser than hundreds of years into vanilla. Year 133 is about as young as I would recommend for a decent number of Necro towers.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I havnt played this mod in so long!! Cant wait to dive back in- you are amazing. This is my favorite mod. So much emergent behavior with this one!
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually... is there any way to get a previous version? I didnt realize utilities werent updated yet. I can't stand playing fortress mode without DF hack to clean up socks and keep the FPS down. Without it my fortresses usually die of FPS death before I can have any real fun :c So if I could get whatever version last had utilities that would be nice T.T

If not thats OK I guess ill play adventure mode until then. Just asking.
living the dream

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I havnt played this mod in so long!! Cant wait to dive back in- you are amazing. This is my favorite mod. So much emergent behavior with this one!

Thank you flyteofheart. Emergent behavior is what it's all about.

Actually... is there any way to get a previous version? I didnt realize utilities werent updated yet. I can't stand playing fortress mode without DF hack to clean up socks and keep the FPS down. Without it my fortresses usually die of FPS death before I can have any real fun :c So if I could get whatever version last had utilities that would be nice T.T

If not thats OK I guess ill play adventure mode until then. Just asking.

With DF going 64-bit, I imagine utilities may take a while. Especially since Toady One is about to release another large update.

Here's a link to v33a Start Pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eaauqgnijzs1p5a/DAII%20War%20%26%20Myth%20%5Bv33%5D%20%5B43.03%5D%5BStartPack%5D.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:06:54 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

It makes sense to keep the 32-bit version alive so I've added a link to the OP:
(v33a) 32-bit Utility Friendly PC Start Pack: (old)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you so much :)

Mods like these make DF even more FUN after I master the vanilla content, ya know? Theres only so many goblin sieges and werebeasts until they pose no threat anymore
living the dream

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone have any tips for starting out in adventure mode in such an unforgiving mod? Iv been ambushed by shadows and killed twice lol, very hard to deal with early game. Any particular race best to start with? and im not sure how to access 27 adventurer builds mentioned in the 1st post.

Also: I found a bug.

Wolfsbane is missing this tag in the raws and is thus unable to be brewed into moonshine in fortress mode.

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]

As soon as I added the tag it worked fine.

Is there a Dark Ages wiki btw? I would love to read about the different races and magic system, I have no idea what all is happening besides I saw my enchantress companions casting some spells of unknown effect
living the dream

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Anyone have any tips for starting out in adventure mode in such an unforgiving mod? Iv been ambushed by shadows and killed twice lol, very hard to deal with early game. Any particular race best to start with? and im not sure how to access 27 adventurer builds mentioned in the 1st post.

Also: I found a bug.

Wolfsbane is missing this tag in the raws and is thus unable to be brewed into moonshine in fortress mode.

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]

As soon as I added the tag it worked fine.

Is there a Dark Ages wiki btw? I would love to read about the different races and magic system, I have no idea what all is happening besides I saw my enchantress companions casting some spells of unknown effect

Thank you for reporting this. There may be other plants missing the tag. Anyone can copy and paste this line into their "plant_darkage.txt" game save raws to resolve the issue.

The old devlog is down, for the moment. Otherwise two pages exist on the website:

Race Lore: http://adventrpg.com/warandmythos-races.html
Overview: http://adventrpg.com/warandmythos-lore.html

I recommend starting with a Legendary Dwarf, Druid, or Wizard. Avoid Shadow civilizations at all cost.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

About a W&M Wiki:

Is there a place I can check for some information about some of the mods features? For example, silk worms. I just noticed that my stock of starting silk worms are dying off, is there a way I can breed them?

[edit] nvrmnd, figured it out. Nest boxes, should have known. Still the other question though. Is there something like a "Dark Ages II wiki?"

It has been a long time since I started a Wiki. The main issue is time. I'm currently developing several other games/mods (including Mars 2030 1.2) and a Pathfinder book. It actually takes me longer to create a Wiki (or a detailed guidebook or website) than it does to add new content or write code. At some point I hope to have the time (and energy) to fully document W&M, but since DF and this mod are constantly updated it represents a formidable challenge.

I'm willing to at least start a Wiki at some point soon. Especially if more players express an interest in it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:07:11 pm by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 92