Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453417 times)

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also hacked together a mashup version of spacefox for Dark Ages.  This is just the Graphics part.  It should be able to copy over the ASCII version of Dark Ages, and be all set, I think. 

If anyone wants it, it is here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9884

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course,

I'll post it when I'm home but please do check I've done it all correctly, I'm no modder. Shame about starting a new world, but hey ho. Does playing as Legendary Dwarves also add 5 to mining, stonecrafting, etc. as standard? As I was thoroughly confused by this.

Edit: Here's the download http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9880. This includes the edit to the Legendary Dwarf entity.

-Infinite

Okay downloaded. Thank you.

I also hacked together a mashup version of spacefox for Dark Ages.  This is just the Graphics part.  It should be able to copy over the ASCII version of Dark Ages, and be all set, I think. 

If anyone wants it, it is here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9884

Great. I'm planning on releasing a LNP this weekend. Maybe I can actually include Spacefox now too.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

okay so I notice a few things about shadows, they still can't embrace others in adventure mode, something about their attacks whiffing, I guess one could just make an Adventure mode 1 tile range attack with clean usage on it.
Reanimator is Sweet, but can't learn any other Spells from the other wizards thus you are lock to necromancy.
kinda hope for necromancers get to 'promote' their undead to have speaking roles allowing them to unlock the exchange and wait commands talking to them gives.
hell necromancy kinda like having a mosh pit of groupies than an army right now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

okay so I notice a few things about shadows, they still can't embrace others in adventure mode, something about their attacks whiffing, I guess one could just make an Adventure mode 1 tile range attack with clean usage on it.

Yes, Shadows Embrace was broken in adventure mode in a fixable way. I did so last night. I'm about to release a quick fix for broken hexes too.

Reanimator is Sweet, but can't learn any other Spells from the other wizards thus you are lock to necromancy.
kinda hope for necromancers get to 'promote' their undead to have speaking roles allowing them to unlock the exchange and wait commands talking to them gives.
hell necromancy kinda like having a mosh pit of groupies than an army right now.

Excellent suggestion. I will get to work on something like that immediately. And yes, Reanimators are more locked down spells wise. So, a new branch of nerco magic is defiantly in order.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:58:15 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I get a list of all the magic types? I can't seem to find any other secrets than veromancy and infernomancy ever, in almost every world those two, mostly veromancy, seems to massively outnumber any other one. I saw one in legends called warmancy and a couple other, but I've never been able to find it. What does that do?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Can I get a list of all the magic types? I can't seem to find any other secrets than veromancy and infernomancy ever, in almost every world those two, mostly veromancy, seems to massively outnumber any other one. I saw one in legends called warmancy and a couple other, but I've never been able to find it. What does that do?

Yes, for one reason or another, certain worlds get dominated by one type of secret. This is a vanilla DF thing. It started in 40.01 and seems to toggle off and on with each new version. It was depressing enough to almost make me refrain from releasing Dark Ages. Because in 34_11 it seldom occurred. I can find a few other magic types by looking at the slab list and active deities in Legends Viewer, but nothing like the diverse array in R1. Nearest I can tell, it's associated with the tower proliferation issue, which seems only half fixed.

Usually if you generate a world 250-years or older you'll get a few more magic types. Hopefully 40_14 will toggle this problem off again.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:04:11 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R7_40_13] <Hex Fix>
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 12:38:05 pm »

Download:  http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html

-Quick fix for new hexes.
-Fixed Shadow Embrace, still more deadly for NPC’s.
-Reduced Shadow Embrace length.
-Areomancers no longer cast Wind Burst or Blistering Wind.
-Added graphic link for Hag Shamans.
-Made changes to Banshee’s and Banshee Wails.
-Fixed Legendary Dwarfs to use Alchemy Lab and Gunshop.

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2014, 12:41:59 am »

Embrace still doesn't seem to have any effect, at least not when I tested it in arena. I made a dwarf and a shadow, used embrace, and it didn't do anything. After the syndrome wore off I tried a second time, still no observable effects.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2014, 10:45:15 am »

Embrace still doesn't seem to have any effect, at least not when I tested it in arena. I made a dwarf and a shadow, used embrace, and it didn't do anything. After the syndrome wore off I tried a second time, still no observable effects.

Shadow Embrace is technically only 50% effective. If you don't take manual control, it seems to work 100% of the time.

Although it has range and you can target now, this looks like a bug that makes Shadow Embrace an NPC viable power only. I may try to rework it at some future point.

Maybe Knight Otu can shed some light on why this might be. I'm at a loss.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:02:34 am by Rammok »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2014, 11:07:08 am »

I can try, at least. Maybe I'll find something.

Edit: It may be that 15 ticks is simply too long a time in adventure mode scale here, weird as that sounds. Putting the shadow embrace effects to start at 0 ticks, caused the testing aardvark to suffer unconsciousness/paralysis immediately. Before that, fleeing a test human for a few rounds on the arena center wall only put the human up to tick 4. I wonder if some conversion discrepancy with syndrome durations, or if it's really just the adventure mode time scale at work.

Edit edit: I probably should mention that on Linux, I'm getting errorlogs for (some?) GREATER creatures for being defined before the source creature - GREATER_PANDA_GIGANTIC, GREATER_PAND_MAN, GREATER_CAPYBARA_GIANT, GREATER_CAPYBARA_MAN, GREATER_BADGER_MAN, GREATER_BADGER_GIANT, GREATER_MOOSE_MAN, GREATER_MOOSE_GIANT, GREATER_RED_PANDA_MAN, GREATER_RED_PANDA_GIANT, and DIRE_CROCODILE_CAVE. This is probably because of how the game loads the raws on Linux. Ideally, those creatures would be part of the file that includes the source creature.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:01:46 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2014, 02:37:30 pm »

Is there something wrong with the default ascii tileset version? All the stone layers have weird characters in them. The only time i've seen this happen is when I've installed a tileset wrong.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2014, 02:54:45 pm »

I can try, at least. Maybe I'll find something.

Edit: It may be that 15 ticks is simply too long a time in adventure mode scale here, weird as that sounds. Putting the shadow embrace effects to start at 0 ticks, caused the testing aardvark to suffer unconsciousness/paralysis immediately. Before that, fleeing a test human for a few rounds on the arena center wall only put the human up to tick 4. I wonder if some conversion discrepancy with syndrome durations, or if it's really just the adventure mode time scale at work.

Thank you. I will change the onset time to zero.

Edit edit: I probably should mention that on Linux, I'm getting errorlogs for (some?) GREATER creatures for being defined before the source creature - GREATER_PANDA_GIGANTIC, GREATER_PAND_MAN, GREATER_CAPYBARA_GIANT, GREATER_CAPYBARA_MAN, GREATER_BADGER_MAN, GREATER_BADGER_GIANT, GREATER_MOOSE_MAN, GREATER_MOOSE_GIANT, GREATER_RED_PANDA_MAN, GREATER_RED_PANDA_GIANT, and DIRE_CROCODILE_CAVE. This is probably because of how the game loads the raws on Linux. Ideally, those creatures would be part of the file that includes the source creature.

Okay, I neglected to update copy tags. It doesn't throw out an error on Windows.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »

Is there something wrong with the default ascii tileset version? All the stone layers have weird characters in them. The only time i've seen this happen is when I've installed a tileset wrong.

Are you running it on Windows? I know that happens when you slap copy over to Linux. I was unaware of any problems otherwise.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R8_40_13] <Shadow Fix>
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2014, 12:20:04 pm »

A main reason that there are so many spider vermancers - the KO_DF_VERM_SPIDER_ANIMALS has a sphere line that misses the opening bracket (and the sphere therein is blight), meaning that every god is eligible to spread that particular secret.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:44:52 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R8_40_13] <Shadow Fix>
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2014, 12:40:45 pm »

A main reason that there are so many spider vermancers - the KO_DF_VERM_SPIDER_ANIMALS has a sphere line that misses the opening bracket (and the sphere therein is blight), meaning that every god is eligible to spread that particular secret.

What a relief. I'm still confused as to why this seems to fluctuate with various releases. Nevertheless, R9 is coming out tonight.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:29:33 pm by Rammok »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 92