Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453256 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it normal swimming won't increase with this mod? Or was it nerfed? If so i understand swim=training was easy. But yeah my swimming won't increase at all! Also i had a bug where i was drowsy forever sleeping wouldn't fix it, help!

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it normal swimming won't increase with this mod? Or was it nerfed? If so i understand swim=training was easy. But yeah my swimming won't increase at all! Also i had a bug where i was drowsy forever sleeping wouldn't fix it, help!

Are you playing as an animal person? They can't train swimming but can do so naturally in vanilla as well.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you playing as an animal person? They can't train swimming but can do so naturally in vanilla as well.

Legendary dwarf

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Legendary dwarf

Legendary Dwarfs have [SWIMS_INNATE] just like animal men do, so they don't need swimming skill to swim, and you can't train it.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks also i think eating a giant mosquitoe ive slained (Was starving) turned me into a horrible beast...I walked to some jungle and started being sick then next thing i know I'm cursed into a huge horrible creature with claws LOL!

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Worldgen is crashing constantly for me right after it starts running the history. I'd say it doesn't get past year 5.

Edit: any chance you could share a few more interesting world gens saves?

Are you running advanced world parameters with DFHack off? If so, let me know which parameter you are using. There is one new world in the OP:

v35b Medium Region Year 175: 33MB

I've been pretty bored but reticent to start a new fort while waiting on new version/new mod releases, so I decided to actually took a look at the old "Fear the Night RAWS" because you mentioned them, and saw where the original numbers came from.
The general template was
[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:10000:1]

With x being whatever the respective weakness was, which was equivalent to x10 bonus when you look at how both interact with each other.

I can see why you changed it, taking 1/1000th damage from everything but their weakness was a bit ridiculous.

You probably have much more experience with RAWS and modding and balance than I do.

But with that being said I've been doing some testing but would caution against swinging the pendulum too far the other way.

From looking at it both adventure mode and Arena anything over x10 basically makes basic blows to the upper body cause pulping through armor no matter your strength.

This kinda sucks for roleplaying as a night-creature hunter in adventure mode because it makes fights with even the really strong night creatures feel really anticlimactic.

figuring it might be helpful I made a few templates and tested them out.

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:10]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:100:1]

Makes the large weaknesses feel earned as it becomes difficult but not impossible to do damage with conventional weapons

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:3]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:10:1]

The standard in vanilla feels very fair, but makes the weakness sort of an afterthought

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:5]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:25:1]

Feels like a good balance, werecreatures felt pretty resilient but not impossible to take down with conventional weapons. Weapons and thrown objects of the weakness material felt effective but didn't just laser through armor and limbs in the sort of silly way x10 tended to cause. I could see a dedicated night-creature hunter adventure mode character kitting themselves out in silver to gain an edge without it seeming too cheesy and making the fights too easy.

Typing this out has given me an idea for an adventurer class:
Night-Creature hunter,
  • summon silver ammunition
  • sense creatures the way vampires can
  • maybe create a pool of some sort of syndrome inducing liquid that you could drop weapons into in order to poison them?

Thank you for the in-depth analysis on material weakness. It's nice to have comparisons in the forum thread.

Night-Creature hunter is long overdue. It has been suggested as investigator, and it does make sense to have a dedicated class in that theme. Currently, any adventurer can produce silver ammo as long as you have a battle axe.

As far as I know, the only way to poison items is using DFHack at this time.

Thanks also i think eating a giant mosquitoe ive slained (Was starving) turned me into a horrible beast...I walked to some jungle and started being sick then next thing i know I'm cursed into a huge horrible creature with claws LOL!

That report gave me quite a laugh too. Do you know which monster you became?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:40:26 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure which monster XD but it was lolzy indeed, i just made a new world and about to start fresh :D but i'm loving this more than i expected!

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile

Just so ya know, I used a couple of spells/effects in your mod in a magic adding mod im currently building - you did some great work on spells like Harm, and as long as you aren't opposed to me using it, I just want to say that this has TRULY been enormously helpful, with particular regards to Divine magic and the Warlock spells that im currently working on(the Druid spells are entirely original, and the Arcane spells use a few Masterwork resources, but are MOSTLY original, so you cant have credit for those!!!) Seriously, my mod would be way less cool if I hadn't discovered this. Assuming you arent going to demand that I don't use your stuff, thanks very much!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Okay, just finished a series and since no one commented on it if they wanted vanilla or modded I will be once again (for real this time) be playing this mod. Now is there anything I should be aware of when it comes to messing with world gen with the newest version and any tips for the mod overall as I haven't played it in a while.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Mighty Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Mead Enthusiast
    • View Profile

Can I just ask, are wizard/necromancer towers worth fighting through on adventure mode? I just did one on the latest version of the mod but found no books or anything interesting. I even used the 'reveal' command on DFhack and tried to make sure that way that I wasn't missing out on anything. This is the second time I've had this happen so I was wondering if you knew anything about that. The most I found were 2 quivers.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Coming Soon!
« Reply #790 on: January 29, 2017, 10:31:17 pm »

It'd be nice to see Goblins, Orcs, and Gnolls surviving and prospering more in world gens. I've gone through about 10 world gens just to see how it all goes, and every time Kobolds and Humans have been on top. In fact, I think Kobolds might be a little bit too prosperous. Then there's the fact that Legendary Dwarves still outpop and outlive regular Dwarves, which seems self-contradictory with the mod's lore.

I have reduced the frequency of Kobold and Human civilizations in v36. Thank you for reporting this twice.

Just so ya know, I used a couple of spells/effects in your mod in a magic adding mod im currently building - you did some great work on spells like Harm, and as long as you aren't opposed to me using it, I just want to say that this has TRULY been enormously helpful, with particular regards to Divine magic and the Warlock spells that im currently working on(the Druid spells are entirely original, and the Arcane spells use a few Masterwork resources, but are MOSTLY original, so you cant have credit for those!!!) Seriously, my mod would be way less cool if I hadn't discovered this. Assuming you arent going to demand that I don't use your stuff, thanks very much!

I'm okay with "limited use" of this mod with credit to: DAII: War & Mythos by GM-X. -As long as you don't mind me making limited use of your mod (with credit) in exchange. Interested to see what you have done with your Warklock class.

Okay, just finished a series and since no one commented on it if they wanted vanilla or modded I will be once again (for real this time) be playing this mod. Now is there anything I should be aware of when it comes to messing with world gen with the newest version and any tips for the mod overall as I haven't played it in a while.

Hi again. Let me upload v36 before you get started. I am testing it tonight, should be released tomorrow.

Can I just ask, are wizard/necromancer towers worth fighting through on adventure mode? I just did one on the latest version of the mod but found no books or anything interesting. I even used the 'reveal' command on DFhack and tried to make sure that way that I wasn't missing out on anything. This is the second time I've had this happen so I was wondering if you knew anything about that. The most I found were 2 quivers.

This is likely due to the large number of Curious Beast item thieves in W&M. I've reduced the number in v36 because it does produce some repetitive histories at times, in addition to sweeping towers clean. Prolific Kobolds populations in the area is a contributing factor.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:53:05 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Coming Soon...
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2017, 02:06:13 pm »

Mainly I just took a couple of disease spells - other than the creature RAWS, the entire Druid and Arcane magic lists are original. Most of the spells for the Warlock class are either taken from u or from masterwork, with some changes made - re-coding from scratch, when the effect is already there, is kinda redundant. And yea, War and Mythos and Masterwork will be given credit. I'll be making the Cleric spells MOSTLY myself - and once Arcane, Druid, Unholy AND Holy magic is made, i can just focus on the wanderers(re-named to Crones, going to use Raven Women as a template), Psionic magic, and magical items - for example, i'm modding in materials such as Giantsteel, which deal extra damage to giants. And I'm considering adding magical Runeswords, which are TECHNICALLY classed as books, but will be effective weapons, because they sharp and can cut through people- essentially a readable sword. When read, it will cause a temporary syndrome, so a Ogre Runeblade, when read, will boost Strength for awhile - and other things, such as Shadow Runeblades(raise the dead), Inferno Runeblades(shoot fire), and Sky Runeblades(allow flight while syndome is active) will be added. The whole plan of the mod is to make it so magic is much more prevalent in the world, because each spell must be learned seperately - knowing how to cast Summon Giant Toad and how to cast Summon Peregrine Falcon, while both Druidic, are entirely different spells which require different training. I feel like one book or slab teaching you how to fly, spray fire, put your enemies to sleep and heal your wounds kinda takes the fun out of it - this way, you can customize your lineup of magic, and each spell feels like an accomplishment. And the Beaststeel weapons and Runeblades should make warriors a bit less unbalanced.

Anyhow, Cleric is next, as Unholy magic is complete as of today. NOTE! This first version will likely have only 50-ish spells, and new spells will be added in with future releases. Thank you so much for allowing me to use your resources - they have been a big help.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 01, 2017, 12:26:41 pm »

Been running tweaks on civilizations populations and testing world gen parameters until late last night. Getting more diverse worlds and the fixes and changes seem to be running smoothly. Update is almost super ready. I won't jinx it by using the word "tonight", but very soon v36 will be released.

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 02, 2017, 06:34:09 am »

By the way, do vermancers, sorcerers and the rest who prevailed in building towers still do outnumber other secret types?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 02, 2017, 05:35:54 pm »

By the way, do vermancers, sorcerers and the rest who prevailed in building towers still do outnumber other secret types?

There should be a good mix but there is always a random element. I will review the tower situation in the test worlds before v36 is released.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 92