Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453599 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: [⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Coming Soon...
« Reply #795 on: February 02, 2017, 07:17:34 pm »

So while waiting for v36 any tips for custom world gen? I like to mess around to get a world just like I want it but there are definitely going to be more things to worry about besides some mountains and hoping the damn elves spread (is it just me or does everyone else have a problem with having those buggers actually live?).
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Released!
« Reply #796 on: February 03, 2017, 03:50:28 am »

Dark Ages II: War & Mythos [43.05] [v36] [64-bit] has been released.

"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."
  • New Lich Adventure class with deceptive human female form.
  • More Dark Ages plants now correctly produce alcohol.
  • Civilizations re-balanced for more diverse world populations.
  • Dramatically reduced the number of item thieves to avoid excessive tower thefts.
  • Increased the number of Orc & Gnoll civilizations.
  • Reduced the number of Kobolds & Human civilizations.
  • Reduced the material force weakness of some Werebeasts.
  • Reduced Vampire Bat populations.
PC Download: [DAII: War & Mythos] [Start Pack]
ASCII Download: (13MB)
Ironhand Download: (16MB)
Release Version: v36 (DFHack not required.)
Release Notes: Not all Start Pack utilities work with DF version 43.05.
Race Lore: War & Mythos
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:05:46 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Released!
« Reply #797 on: February 03, 2017, 01:16:17 pm »

Great! Gonna test it soon.

UPD: I seems to be missing W&M custom world generation parameters, or am i wrong?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:34:40 pm by The Big PowerBoss »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Released!
« Reply #798 on: February 03, 2017, 04:56:14 pm »

So while waiting for v36 any tips for custom world gen? I like to mess around to get a world just like I want it but there are definitely going to be more things to worry about besides some mountains and hoping the damn elves spread (is it just me or does everyone else have a problem with having those buggers actually live?).

In all my recent tests Elves had large surviving populations, as do the Dark Elves. There are a lot of nasty monsters in the forest, so they tend to be under constant siege.

A big part of the mod is impacted by world generation parameters. Experiment mileage will vary. Feel free to post a link here when you start your new YouTube series. 

Great! Gonna test it soon.

UPD: I seems to be missing W&M custom world generation parameters, or am i wrong?

You are right. They were left out of the Start Pack for some reason. Also, I linked to the old version for the ASCII upload. :-\ I will patch the download tonight, meanwhile I posted the three recommend ones below.

W&M: Advanced World Gen Parameters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Copy and paste this into:

\data\init\world_gen.txt
file.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:26:59 pm by Rammok »

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ϟDAII: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] Released
« Reply #799 on: February 04, 2017, 01:02:55 am »

The game crashes each time i try to save a created world. IF it didn't crash while going trough years of history. Any idea?

UPD: After many, many attempts i actually managed to generate a world. Hm. Unpredictible xD
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:21:45 am by The Big PowerBoss »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #800 on: February 04, 2017, 05:52:29 am »

The game crashes each time i try to save a created world. IF it didn't crash while going trough years of history. Any idea?

UPD: After many, many attempts i actually managed to generate a world. Hm. Unpredictible xD

Thank you for reporting this. I had uploaded an incorrect (and untested) mod of the Starter Pack. :(

Let me know if you still have any issues, but I was able to generate and save two interesting worlds before uploading the hot fix. I will also post the saved worlds soon. 

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 04, 2017, 08:41:04 am »

There also seems to be a problem when trying to play as a specific person in a large world (might upload it for testing if you wish). The game instatnly closes with no warnings or anything as soon as i choose a retired adventurer.
Generated a pocket world to test it out, loaded up just fine. Don't know what's the reason.

I also have a question, if you don't mind: some races, like legendary dwarves, liches, etc. have natural skill levels, but do these apply when i play as an adventurer of that race? I mean, i always start only with what i've managed to train in course of character creation.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #802 on: February 04, 2017, 03:58:51 pm »

There also seems to be a problem when trying to play as a specific person in a large world (might upload it for testing if you wish). The game instatnly closes with no warnings or anything as soon as i choose a retired adventurer.
Generated a pocket world to test it out, loaded up just fine. Don't know what's the reason.

I also have a question, if you don't mind: some races, like legendary dwarves, liches, etc. have natural skill levels, but do these apply when i play as an adventurer of that race? I mean, i always start only with what i've managed to train in course of character creation.

You downloaded the latest v36 upload yes? The link is updated with no new version identification.

I've found playing retired adventurers touchy in the past. It could be connected with complex histories generated by modding, or it could be a vanilla bug. If you use Legends Viewer text or screens to post a bio of this persons life history, I will take a closer look.

And yes, innate skills don't seem to work in adventure mode in the same way. In Dwarf Mode, creatures have their skills in full effect.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:14:07 pm by GM-X »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfscape
« Reply #803 on: February 09, 2017, 03:30:16 pm »

FYI - the website page has not been updated yet but should be this weekend. You will need to download W&M v36 from the OP until then.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

awww im tryin this baby todayyyy  8) 8)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Okay, just finished a series and since no one commented on it if they wanted vanilla or modded I will be once again (for real this time) be playing this mod.

Still looking forward to seeing this YouTube with all the new adventure classes.

awww im tryin this baby todayyyy  8) 8)

Do let us know if you encounter any massive sieges again. Should be less fliers so better fps.

jmoney813

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ϟDark Ages II: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05] [v36]
« Reply #806 on: March 12, 2017, 11:39:37 am »

Hi, so it looks like im having a problem, I found a tower that contained a book with the secrets of spider vermancy, I read the book and learn the secrets thats all fine but now my speed has dropped down from 1 to .322. I reloaded the game just to check again and its definitely the cause of the dropped speed. Anyone have an idea on why this is happening? Thanks in advance, also keep in mind i'm a wizard and have already learned the secrets of life and death before this, if that has to do with anything.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 12, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »

Is the new version with therapist and dfhack? LNP has been updated recently, but I would rather come back and play this awesome mod then play vanilla.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 14, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »

Hi, so it looks like im having a problem, I found a tower that contained a book with the secrets of spider vermancy, I read the book and learn the secrets thats all fine but now my speed has dropped down from 1 to .322. I reloaded the game just to check again and its definitely the cause of the dropped speed. Anyone have an idea on why this is happening? Thanks in advance, also keep in mind i'm a wizard and have already learned the secrets of life and death before this, if that has to do with anything.

Some of the secrets do mess with the players speed. I don't think it's intended to make the player slower in this case, so I will take a closer look.

Is the new version with therapist and dfhack? LNP has been updated recently, but I would rather come back and play this awesome mod then play vanilla.

I've only been updating the 43.05 64-bit version of DF. It runs the mod dramatically faster than the 32-bit version. I don't think Therapist and DFHack support it yet, but I keep hoping it happens soon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:31:17 pm by Rammok »

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 14, 2017, 07:48:20 pm »

DFhack and therapist work; im playing your latest version; already got 4 undead sieges and 2 goblin and goddamit i hate vampire bats... 
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 92