Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447973 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Yes Gemset is supported using the LNP. And, you reminded me that the ASCII and Ironhand links are outdated.

Oh, well.. glad to be of help :D

Now, something weird is happening in my current fort.. I don't know if its DA related or vanilla related, or even related to Creepy Caverns (which I threw in to see what its like) but I'm having issues with my dwarves becoming frightened and agonized by mental trauma... at nothing. Im not in an evil biome, there are no monsters around.. just some white storks on the surface. Its also affecting my chickens and my hounds O_O This is my 4th game with this current accumulation of mods, and the first time its happened O_O

Posting here rather than the "dwarf fortress questions" forum cause, well modded and not vanilla

Are the original seven Dwarves affected? And have you surveyed the caverns yet? There are very very few monsters that can cause problems through stone, and you would likely see them.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah it started with the original 7 plus some livestock. No, havn't cracked into the caverns yet. I ended up using dfhack to remove their stress cause I had no idea what was causing it and getting a little frustrated.

Looking back through the announcements its been 9 months since the last time it happened, so.. whatever it was appears to have gone away @_@

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Yeah it started with the original 7 plus some livestock. No, havn't cracked into the caverns yet. I ended up using dfhack to remove their stress cause I had no idea what was causing it and getting a little frustrated.

Looking back through the announcements its been 9 months since the last time it happened, so.. whatever it was appears to have gone away @_@

Do let me know if it happens again. If you explore the caverns and it never happens again, that would be interesting too.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

Creepy caverns have interactions that work through stone. Been a while since I looked through my raws but illithids can mind blast from a distance even with walls and unmined rock between them and your dwarves. I think brainstealer dragons (if one arrives) can subdue your whole fort but it's meant to be rare

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey GM-X I kinda think that the silkworms purchasable at embark are a bit underpriced, given how much silk Im getting from just one.. 8 points is way too cheap :O

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Creepy caverns have interactions that work through stone. Been a while since I looked through my raws but illithids can mind blast from a distance even with walls and unmined rock between them and your dwarves. I think brainstealer dragons (if one arrives) can subdue your whole fort but it's meant to be rare

Hi Godlysockpuppet. I had a feeling Alyfox's merger might explain things. I haven't integrated any Creepy caverns into Dark Ages yet, but I will keep an eye out for illithids and brainstealer dragons.

Hey GM-X I kinda think that the silkworms purchasable at embark are a bit underpriced, given how much silk Im getting from just one.. 8 points is way too cheap :O

You are correct. All W&M pets are under priced so new player can enjoy as many as possible on embark. It feels balanced to me since vanilla and exotic war pets are still expensive.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Actually have a siege show up. Sadly it is only a goblin unit by itself.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

So I just noticed something. The elves have regular wooden goods instead of grown wooden goods. Is this on purpose or did they just miss getting the update?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

So I just noticed something. The elves have regular wooden goods instead of grown wooden goods. Is this on purpose or did they just miss getting the update?

As you know in vanilla, Elves absolutely hate the use of wood. In Dark Ages, they merely dislike it so they may chop down trees or trade/loot a range of wood products. Tiny adjustments to the prejudice of entities gives them more freedom to make emergent decisions - based on circumstances and situations. Effectively modding in a wider moral gray area.

I'm not aware of any vanilla updates to Elvin wood usage, but I will double check that.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:17:04 am by GM-X »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

In vanilla to justify the fact that most of the goods the elves bring are wooden despite their dislike of the cutting down of tree all the items they bring suddenly became grown wood items. Checking the wiki page it looks like this is new. It is mentioned on the DF2014 version of the Elf wiki page while the v0.34 doesn't have any mention of it.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Actually have a siege show up. Sadly it is only a goblin unit by itself.

I'm fairly surprised you haven't run into more trouble. Your embark area appears to be fairly safe, so far..

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Can you tell me what constitutes an unsafe location? I have so much trouble getting sieges

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Can you tell me what constitutes an unsafe location? I have so much trouble getting sieges

I can confirm massive sieges are possible using DAII. Please read this reddit post for a good overview: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2rfjj8/biggest_siege_youve_seen_in_40x/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:28:00 am by GM-X »

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greetings i came back to this awesome mod playing adventure mode and i was wondering why i can't do any bonecrafting, I have a large copper war dagger but it's not considered/doesn't work for bonemaking, or do i need a normal/simple dagger? If so i guess i need to find a npc who has one and trade? Help please i'd love to make bone stuff!!!! I'm an elf but any race i picked didn't work for bonemaking...

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Greetings i came back to this awesome mod playing adventure mode and i was wondering why i can't do any bonecrafting, I have a large copper war dagger but it's not considered/doesn't work for bonemaking, or do i need a normal/simple dagger? If so i guess i need to find a npc who has one and trade? Help please i'd love to make bone stuff!!!! I'm an elf but any race i picked didn't work for bonemaking...

Hi toupz. Yes. A simple dagger should do the trick. This is actually something I've been meaning to look into updating..
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 91