Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452131 times)

vbuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod is amazing! This is just what I've been looking for adventure mode.

I've recently started a mage play trough in the custom large world of the advanced parameters but I'm a little lost about the whole spell thing. Is the only way to learn a new spell to read slabs in towers?

Also, I've noticed that in my mage civilization nobody wears shoes. Never. They don't even sell them. I find it hilarious that everybody just walks around in their socks lol. Is that a mage cultural thing? And is it intended?

Anyway, great job! 

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

This mod is amazing! This is just what I've been looking for adventure mode.

I've recently started a mage play trough in the custom large world of the advanced parameters but I'm a little lost about the whole spell thing. Is the only way to learn a new spell to read slabs in towers?

Also, I've noticed that in my mage civilization nobody wears shoes. Never. They don't even sell them. I find it hilarious that everybody just walks around in their socks lol. Is that a mage cultural thing? And is it intended?

Anyway, great job!

Hi vbuss, thank you.

Yes the primary way to learn new spells, is slabs. That is definitely a tall order for most adventurers. For this reason I added many arcane classes that start the game with powerful spells, so you can jump right into casting. It may be wise to create a fort in that world to help equip your heroes.

The mage life is all about barefoot culture my friend. Just kidding, I'm not sure why that would happen. -Wizards should wear boots in addition to socks. I'm planning to release v37 sooner than later with more cave creatures. I will look into this further for you.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

vbuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm looking forward to it! I have yet to start a fortress in the mod, but I think I will do so in a smaller world, to preserve some fps.

My mage just met his demise, RIP. My companion drowned when fighting a ghoul fish and I went to the nearby keep to recruit a new one. In the back room I found a human bard and thought to myself: "Wouldn't it be fun if I traveled with a bard companion? She could write songs about our intrepid adventures and stuff". Before I could say anything, she screeched, charged at me, and TURNED INTO A MASTER VAMPIRE. I tried to call for help but it was too late. She drained my blood and ripped me to shreds in the blink of an eye.

This was by far the most unexpected and terrifying experience I've had in Adventure Mode. Next step is creating a vampire hunter character and try to slay the beast without dying too quickly. 

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I'm looking forward to it! I have yet to start a fortress in the mod, but I think I will do so in a smaller world, to preserve some fps.

My mage just met his demise, RIP. My companion drowned when fighting a ghoul fish and I went to the nearby keep to recruit a new one. In the back room I found a human bard and thought to myself: "Wouldn't it be fun if I traveled with a bard companion? She could write songs about our intrepid adventures and stuff". Before I could say anything, she screeched, charged at me, and TURNED INTO A MASTER VAMPIRE. I tried to call for help but it was too late. She drained my blood and ripped me to shreds in the blink of an eye.

This was by far the most unexpected and terrifying experience I've had in Adventure Mode. Next step is creating a vampire hunter character and try to slay the beast without dying too quickly.

That's what I like to hear. ;) Good to know Ghoul Fish are making their presence known. Not seen many in action.

Love to read more adventure reports, anytime.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:06:11 pm by GM-X »

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile

Probably belated, but congratulations on Mars 2030 and the new release of DA! I've not played in a long time and I'm eager to get back in, and can't wait to see what's in store for DA with the next game update. I've got a very neat worldgen going right now that seems like something truly out of a dark fantasy novel, but I've still noticed a few things that I remember mentioning before. While Orcs and Gnolls do better now and Kobolds aren't a gigantic swarm race, Legendary Dwarves still do a little too well for being these rare, elusive, and powerful ancient beings, but it's not a big issue.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:39:40 pm by Morgoth »

TheCowofEternalFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up that in fortress mode the ghoul carp have a tendency to run out of the water and subsequently die from what I can only assume to be suffocation. Like the message "A ghoul carp has sprung from ambush!" will appear, which then leads to the above scenario

TheCowofEternalFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Also, for some reason I can't seem to build any of the custom buildings

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably belated, but congratulations on Mars 2030 and the new release of DA! I've not played in a long time and I'm eager to get back in, and can't wait to see what's in store for DA with the next game update. I've got a very neat worldgen going right now that seems like something truly out of a dark fantasy novel, but I've still noticed a few things that I remember mentioning before. While Orcs and Gnolls do better now and Kobolds aren't a gigantic swarm race, Legendary Dwarves still do a little too well for being these rare, elusive, and powerful ancient beings, but it's not a big issue.

Hey Morgoth, thank you. I'm hard at work on my next RPG that use to be called Dwarfscape. Once Toady One releases the giant artifact update, I will give W&M a lot more love. Eventually, it will be a rather large Skyrim mod also.

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up that in fortress mode the ghoul carp have a tendency to run out of the water and subsequently die from what I can only assume to be suffocation. Like the message "A ghoul carp has sprung from ambush!" will appear, which then leads to the above scenario

I do believe they also beach themselves. I will take a look at the ambush aspect of their behavior again.

Also, for some reason I can't seem to build any of the custom buildings

Which buildings are you trying to make? Most require blocks for starters.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:13:46 pm by Rammok »

Polyphynx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi, if it's not too much trouble, could you upload this to DFFD? Dropbox is being absolutely abysmal for me right now, downloading at a whopping 5KB/s now sitting stuck on 0B/s several hours in. Third time trying to download it but it's just not happening

Nevermind. Transferring the file to google drive seemed to help
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:44:04 am by Polyphynx »

TheCowofEternalFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Sorry, wasn't as clear as I should've been. When I asked that before what I meant is that the buildings simply aren't showing up in the list of stuff I can build, ergo making it so I can't attempt to construct them

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Sorry, wasn't as clear as I should've been. When I asked that before what I meant is that the buildings simply aren't showing up in the list of stuff I can build, ergo making it so I can't attempt to construct them

W&M buildings are listed under Workshops. B key. Then W key. Bottom of the list.

dantebelmondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey GM-X, i just reviewed the graphic folder and added the missing graphic definitions as well as fixed some bugs.
here is link with all the creature .txt and .pngs without civs.
thank you for the great mod.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nqxoeev4z8oqyz/graphics.7z

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

hey GM-X, i just reviewed the graphic folder and added the missing graphic definitions as well as fixed some bugs.

Hi dantebelmondo, thank you. Was this designed to expand the default DA Ironhand graphics? I don't mind you further explaining the extent of your mods.

Or even better, posting a few screenshots.  :)

dantebelmondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi dantebelmondo, thank you. Was this designed to expand the default DA Ironhand graphics? I don't mind you further explaining the extent of your mods.

Or even better, posting a few screenshots.  :)

Hey GM-X, basically yes. I utilized the critters_ih.png to make sure all the DA-expanded "GREAT_" creatures have the proper sprites. Replaced most of the Phoebus sprites with the default DA Ironhand ones for the sake of consistentcy. And finally added missing sprites for vanilla creatures, such as reptiles. All the creatures defined in the raw have the proper sprite (except fanciful and equipment).

The file I uploaded contains all the graphics and defs for animals, humanoids and monsters. There's no vanilla civilization graphics and defs (no dwarves, elfs, humans and kobolds). I am not sure how the starterpack graphic changing works. I will investigate it and see what I can do. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:43:34 pm by dantebelmondo »

TheCowofEternalFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

W&M buildings are listed under Workshops. B key. Then W key. Bottom of the list.

Yes I'm aware of how to build Workshops, what I'm saying is the custom ones don't show up in that list. That said though I do appreciate you trying to help
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 92