Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 448131 times)

Horde of unicorns

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for the explanation.

One last question. How are you supposed to eat something when you've transformed into a dragon ? I mean you can't grab things or just eat them from the ground so......how should I do it ?

Okay, I swear THIS is the last question. Sould the Dark Elf's Heal ability get rid of your hunger and thirst ? Because it does.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:29:34 pm by Horde of unicorns »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the explanation.

One last question. How are you supposed to eat something when you've transformed into a dragon ? I mean you can't grab things or just eat them from the ground so......how should I do it ?

Okay, I swear THIS is the last question. Sould the Dark Elf's Heal ability get rid of your hunger and thirst ? Because it does.

Mmm. Is your Red Dragon character hungry or thirsty? Even after transforming?

Ask as many questions as you like. I will take a closer look at the healing power, but yes, some versions of heal do a bunch of good things for the body.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:52:07 pm by Rammok »

Horde of unicorns

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ask as many questions as you like. I will take a closer look at the healing power, but yes, some versions of heal do a bunch of good things for the body.

Regarding the first question, the character's original and dragon forms seem to get hungry and thirsty independently of each other. The character can be hungry and thirsty in dragon form, but do not need any form of sustenance when reverting back to original. However when it decides to turn once more, my needs are still unattended, and so even though I can quench my thirst rather easily as a dragon, hunger seems impossible to satiate.

Oh, cool. I was simply wondering whether that was intended or not, but if it is then that's awesome.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:04:08 am by Horde of unicorns »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Regarding the first question, the character's original and dragon forms seem to get hungry and thirsty independently of each other. The character can be hungry and thirsty in dragon form, but do not need any form of sustenance when reverting back to original. However when it decides to turn once more, my needs are still unattended, and so even though I can quench my thirst rather easily as a dragon, hunger seems impossible to satiate.

Oh, cool. I was simply wondering whether that was intended or not, but if it is then that's awesome.

I will address dragon sustenance in v37, which is next up on the release list.

I have released a W&M mod for Skyrim SE:

Download for PC/XB1/PS4: Dark Isle: War & Mythos

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:35:33 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

FrownTown

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey GM-X.

Just started playing this mod in adventure mode yesterday, noticed a few things that could use fixing.

- The reactions for wooden helves and stone axes are broken and create random products. Looking at the raws, I think this is because they aren't defined in items_tools, but I'm not great at coding so it's just my best guess. (and I'm not sure how to fix it.)
- The alchemy reactions only seem to work with hearts of the new monsters, standard megabeasts (like hydras, for example) won't work. Looking at the raws, I think this is because standard megabeasts don't have reaction_class megaheart or semimegaheart. Again, I'm not great at coding, so this is just my best guess. (I'm also not sure how to fix this properly.)
- Guns don't penetrate armor like they should, and will often just cause bruises and send enemies flying.
- Dark Elves create hamlets instead of forest retreats (unsure if this is a bug or intentional or if this is even something that can be changed)
- Several of the "race/class" archetypes (elf ranger, paladin, human fighter, etc.) aren't the same size as their parent race, for example Elf Rangers can't wear small items. In addition, they are only able to spawn in Dwarf Fortresses, unless Outsider is selected.
- Every piece of armor or clothing I've found in mead halls is small-sized, even in those mead halls owned by humans.
- Kobold civilizations act strangely; kobolds don't respond when spoken to and seem to have no system of government and very few warriors. This may be an issue with my specific worldgen? But I went through a kobold town and found nothing but civilians and like 3 warriors in the castle, no ruler in sight.
- The vampire's lesser curse is misspelled "cruse" in about 5 places in interaction_vampire and interaction_mastervampire

Finally, this isn't a bug or anything, but it would be cool if you could make it possible to lower the number of legendary dwarves that spawn during worldgen. I've noticed that every world I've made winds up with a much larger population of legendary dwarves than regular dwarves because they're much more robust, which, although sensical, seems kind of backwards flavor-wise.

EDIT: After some testing with guns in arena mode, it seems that the material properties of lead as defined in the standard Dwarf Fortress raws are behind guns' weird behavior. Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of to fix the issue (other than editing the Lead material, which would impact the rest of the game) is to switch to steel bullets, so I added them to adventure mode. To me, this is an imperfect solution, since realistically, lead makes a better bullet - I guess we'll have to wait until Toady models projectiles fragmenting on impact or something before lead bullets can be made as effective as they should be.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:25:01 pm by FrownTown »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hey GM-X.

Just started playing this mod in adventure mode yesterday, noticed a few things that could use fixing.

- The reactions for wooden helves and stone axes are broken and create random products. Looking at the raws, I think this is because they aren't defined in items_tools, but I'm not great at coding so it's just my best guess. (and I'm not sure how to fix it.)
- The alchemy reactions only seem to work with hearts of the new monsters, standard megabeasts (like hydras, for example) won't work. Looking at the raws, I think this is because standard megabeasts don't have reaction_class megaheart or semimegaheart. Again, I'm not great at coding, so this is just my best guess. (I'm also not sure how to fix this properly.)
- Guns don't penetrate armor like they should, and will often just cause bruises and send enemies flying.
- Dark Elves create hamlets instead of forest retreats (unsure if this is a bug or intentional or if this is even something that can be changed)
- Several of the "race/class" archetypes (elf ranger, paladin, human fighter, etc.) aren't the same size as their parent race, for example Elf Rangers can't wear small items. In addition, they are only able to spawn in Dwarf Fortresses, unless Outsider is selected.
- Every piece of armor or clothing I've found in mead halls is small-sized, even in those mead halls owned by humans.
- Kobold civilizations act strangely; kobolds don't respond when spoken to and seem to have no system of government and very few warriors. This may be an issue with my specific worldgen? But I went through a kobold town and found nothing but civilians and like 3 warriors in the castle, no ruler in sight.
- The vampire's lesser curse is misspelled "cruse" in about 5 places in interaction_vampire and interaction_mastervampire

Finally, this isn't a bug or anything, but it would be cool if you could make it possible to lower the number of legendary dwarves that spawn during worldgen. I've noticed that every world I've made winds up with a much larger population of legendary dwarves than regular dwarves because they're much more robust, which, although sensical, seems kind of backwards flavor-wise.

EDIT: After some testing with guns in arena mode, it seems that the material properties of lead as defined in the standard Dwarf Fortress raws are behind guns' weird behavior. Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of to fix the issue (other than editing the Lead material, which would impact the rest of the game) is to switch to steel bullets, so I added them to adventure mode. To me, this is an imperfect solution, since realistically, lead makes a better bullet - I guess we'll have to wait until Toady models projectiles fragmenting on impact or something before lead bullets can be made as effective as they should be.

Hi FrownTown, thank you for this detailed report. I will make a point to address each of the fixes you mentioned in the upcoming v37 release.

Firearms: They are nerfed vs. armored foes. Certain dark ages creatures are materially weak to lead or silver. They are mainly intended as a monster hunters "fancy" ranged weapon.

Dark Elves/Kobolds: Most dark ages races live in cities for numerous reasons.  Kobold's are basically vanilla, living in cities. I have intended to show them love for a while now.

Legendary Dwarves: Live much longer than vanilla Dwarves. This helps deep history balance out. The original goal of this mod is to produce hype active long-term history and in many of those scenarios vanilla Dwarves typically become extinct. Due to short life spans.

They are not the most popular part of the mod, but they do help worlds thrive. I will keep my eye on them with the powerful civilizations introduced in v37.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:46:31 am by GM-X »

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have run into a fairly common bug with the visitor system where it will work normally for a while only to then reach a point where I get hardly any visitors and where the few I do get will do nothing but run around my fort toppling archery ranges and statues.
The Bug appears to start when I get one of the new "evil" races as a visitor such as the hag shaman in this particular game, though after she started toppling statuess and archery ranges then every one of the few guests I got from tht point would do the same, even ones from the same race as me. . It might also have something to do with my habit of playing the legendary dwarves.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I have run into a fairly common bug with the visitor system where it will work normally for a while only to then reach a point where I get hardly any visitors and where the few I do get will do nothing but run around my fort toppling archery ranges and statues.
The Bug appears to start when I get one of the new "evil" races as a visitor such as the hag shaman in this particular game, though after she started toppling statuess and archery ranges then every one of the few guests I got from tht point would do the same, even ones from the same race as me. . It might also have something to do with my habit of playing the legendary dwarves.

Hi Purdurabo. I'm not aware of a way to mod visitor traffic directly. It seems like DF draws on whatever local populations are nearby your fort. It's possible evil visitors give your tavern a bad reputation. Or that being in the region, kill other more friendly types prior to arrival at your fort.

1) Are you letting Hag Shamans loose in your halls?
2) Is your tavern segregated from the main fort?
3) What are the closest nearby civilizations to your fort? (Legend Viewer)

(Tavern: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tavern)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:45:01 am by GM-X »

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1- The hag shaman was a guest at the inn and could roam around my fort as freely as my dwarves.

2- No, it is a central theme to my fort.

3- The hag shamans are very close to me.

I started another game playing the  normal dwarfs and this time it was the mage guests(not the enchanters) who would destroy my archery ranges, statues and slabs. Again without drawing aggro from anyone.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Didn't this used to have a non LNP version to download?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[⊕ϟDark Ages II: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Survival Horror [43.05] [v36a]
« Reply #895 on: November 15, 2017, 12:15:25 pm »

1- The hag shaman was a guest at the inn and could roam around my fort as freely as my dwarves.

2- No, it is a central theme to my fort.

3- The hag shamans are very close to me.

I started another game playing the  normal dwarfs and this time it was the mage guests(not the enchanters) who would destroy my archery ranges, statues and slabs. Again without drawing aggro from anyone.

I know mischievous entities and curses which cause mischievous behavior can be responsible for this behavior. But so can visitors getting super drunk. Keep me posted on your new fort, I will review the raws for anything else I can affect for v37.

Didn't this used to have a non LNP version to download?

Yes, mainly due to making many rapid changes to the mod and not wanting people to download 100MB every time. I will see about posting a stand alone version for v37.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A minor bug is that beard roast is classified as a drink. Also greater fire man are not hostile and can be war and hunting trained.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A minor bug is that beard roast is classified as a drink. Also greater fire man are not hostile and can be war and hunting trained.

I never modded beard roast, so that would be very weird. It's possible that fire man was made intelligent by a spell. That one is pretty interesting, where did you see him? Are you using any other mods whatsoever?

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caught 2 non hostile greater fire men so far and war tamed both and beard roasts definitly show up under the Z/kitchen/drinks menu. Also bearded mushrooms
 don't exist in vanilla DF.

And no I am not using any other mods. The only changes I have made is I am using the dungeon tile set and I changed the [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:] lines in the entity_dark_ages and entity_default files to alow sieges at a lower population.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caught 2 non hostile greater fire men so far and war tamed both and beard roasts definitly show up under the Z/kitchen/drinks menu. Also bearded mushrooms
 don't exist in vanilla DF.

And no I am not using any other mods. The only changes I have made is I am using the dungeon tile set and I changed the [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:] lines in the entity_dark_ages and entity_default files to alow sieges at a lower population.

Right. Okay. Greater Fire men being trainable is intentional. Also, "Bearded Roast" threw me off. Bearded Mushrooms can be cooked, or made into a drink. I will take a closer look - but I do believe both can get you drunk.

I was generating numerous worlds in v37 last night smoothly - with a massive number of new fortress invaders on the loose. So the next release is close after I round up all reported bugs.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:14:40 pm by Rammok »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 92