Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447995 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R9_40_13] <Secret Fix>
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2014, 02:59:04 pm »

I highly encourage everyone who has downloaded a previous version to download R9.

As far as I can tell, everything works as intended. There will be no new versions of Dark Ages until 40_14 is released, or a substantial amount of new content is added. Whichever comes first.

I do have plans to add a new branch of necro magic, and some interesting buildings into fort mode. Unless new bugs are reported, I'll probably hold off on releasing that until 40_14.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:11:59 pm by Rammok »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2014, 06:17:52 pm »

Forgive me if this is an impertinent question, but how interlocking are all the raws here?  Are raws lined up in fairly simple ways?  For example, if I want to borrow certain features of Direforged, it's mostly easy because by and large all his new creations are clearly marked and delineated so that I can tell what affects what.  I love a ton of the creatures in this mod, but adding the ones I like to my own personal play-set is somewhat difficult because of the sheer volume of raws, so I was wondering if there's a clear naming pattern I can use to isolate the raws I need for any individual element of the mod.

Of course, I suppose I could just merge over most of the features from Direforged (which DOES have very well named and separated RAWs) and play things that way.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2014, 07:33:58 am »

Forgive me if this is an impertinent question, but how interlocking are all the raws here?  Are raws lined up in fairly simple ways?  For example, if I want to borrow certain features of Direforged, it's mostly easy because by and large all his new creations are clearly marked and delineated so that I can tell what affects what.  I love a ton of the creatures in this mod, but adding the ones I like to my own personal play-set is somewhat difficult because of the sheer volume of raws, so I was wondering if there's a clear naming pattern I can use to isolate the raws I need for any individual element of the mod.

Of course, I suppose I could just merge over most of the features from Direforged (which DOES have very well named and separated RAWs) and play things that way.

If you have a burning list of features from Direforged, and Knight Otu is agreeable, I would be happy to consider adding them. Having said that, Dark Ages is not designed to be friendly with other mods or dissecting. If you are producing a personal-play mod, it may require a careful review of the error logs.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:19:45 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2014, 05:28:52 pm »

If you have a burning list of features from Direforged, and Knight Otu is agreeable, I would be happy to consider adding them. Having said that, Dark Ages is not designed to be friendly with other mods or dissecting. If you are producing a personal-play mod, it may require a careful review of the error logs.

That's a fair answer, GM-X.  Thanks.  I can totally understand a mod having a specific vision and thus being very interlocking, especially when lots of elements are involved.  I just really love a lot of creatures in your mod and was hoping they'd be easy to transplant.  Oh well - it wouldn't be the first time I had to dissect and reconstruct a favorite mod.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

That's a fair answer, GM-X.  Thanks.  I can totally understand a mod having a specific vision and thus being very interlocking, especially when lots of elements are involved.  I just really love a lot of creatures in your mod and was hoping they'd be easy to transplant.  Oh well - it wouldn't be the first time I had to dissect and reconstruct a favorite mod.

I would still like to hear about it if you think some feature is glaringly absent.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »

Awesome mod! I'm just happy to be able to craft again. Roguelikes without crafting systems get grindy after a while, so thanks a lot for this feature.
Though it would be nice to have somewhere to look for spoilers every once in a while, just to see if I missed any features.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »

ptw cause I thought I did but apparently did not...

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2014, 09:29:34 am »

Awesome mod! I'm just happy to be able to craft again. Roguelikes without crafting systems get grindy after a while, so thanks a lot for this feature.
Though it would be nice to have somewhere to look for spoilers every once in a while, just to see if I missed any features.

Once regular DF updates have stopped, the focus will be on expanding the website and completing the guidebook.

ptw cause I thought I did but apparently did not...

You did so on the Dark Towers unreleased thread. Which is fine, people are still asking questions there sometimes.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_14]
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2014, 04:28:07 am »

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »

Cthulhu mythos in Dwarf Fortress? My two favorite subjects! Seems very promissing, going to check it out.

mirb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:53 pm »

Is this ever going to get Dwarf Therapist support anytime soon? I tried it recently and couldn't get it to work, just curious since I'm not a big fan of adventure mode and really want to give this mod a whirl.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »

Is this ever going to get Dwarf Therapist support anytime soon? I tried it recently and couldn't get it to work, just curious since I'm not a big fan of adventure mode and really want to give this mod a whirl.

What happened when you tried it out?

I'm not aware of any reason it wouldn't work with Dwarf Therapist. In the unreleased Dark Towers 34_11 version it worked normally. Haven't tried it with 40_14 yet myself.

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2014, 07:55:01 pm »

It works fine for me.  What version of Dark Ages are you running?  And are you using the appropriate version of Therapist with it? 

Merijeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2014, 08:45:26 am »

Ok, I've been out of DF for a while, and my most recent experiences have been with Masterwork.

I thought I'd try this one because it looked promising. And, being a gigantic dumbass I apparently can't figure out how to get anywhere.

I downloaded the Ironhand version from http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html and have extracted them. Near as I can tell, however, I'm looking at a 100% vanilla DF with ASCII graphics.

Can anyone tell me what (probably extremely obvious) step I'm missing here?

(although I might just not have gone in far enough to see the graphics - what can I say, I'm used to MW's launcher so maybe that's why I'm off a bit)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:49:48 am by Merijeek »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2014, 10:43:36 am »

Ok, I've been out of DF for a while, and my most recent experiences have been with Masterwork.

I thought I'd try this one because it looked promising. And, being a gigantic dumbass I apparently can't figure out how to get anywhere.

I downloaded the Ironhand version from http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html and have extracted them. Near as I can tell, however, I'm looking at a 100% vanilla DF with ASCII graphics.

Can anyone tell me what (probably extremely obvious) step I'm missing here?

(although I might just not have gone in far enough to see the graphics - what can I say, I'm used to MW's launcher so maybe that's why I'm off a bit)

The Ironhand version is 12MB. The ASCII version is 10MB.

There is no launcher yet, but you should at least notice graphics during world generation, if not the main menu. Otherwise you somehow installed the ASCII version?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 91