Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453999 times)

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Mage Bards have to be the most annoying thing I've ever experienced. They keep destroying things I've built. Thanks Sodel, we now hate outsiders.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Mage Bards have to be the most annoying thing I've ever experienced. They keep destroying things I've built. Thanks Sodel, we now hate outsiders.

Sound like cursed Mage Bards. What happened? -Think I will cut back a little on the mischievous tags.

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sound like cursed Mage Bards. What happened? -Think I will cut back a little on the mischievous tags.

Started off with him knocking down one of my memorial, some poor fellow died early on to a 1 man human siege, which i thought was rather funny but then he went into my archery training room, sat there, knocking down every single one of the archery targets.

Sent in my soldiers to insist he stop at once and promptly removed visitors.

David26906

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is adventure mode working? I butchered an elf and i cant tan its hide. Also when i go to craft a wooden helve uhhh weird stuff happens it will make random wooden items. Oddly enough the reaction to make a stone axe will work with the wooden item but it spits out a rock version of it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:26:39 pm by David26906 »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Is adventure mode working? I butchered an elf and i cant tan its hide. Also when i go to craft a wooden helve uhhh weird stuff happens it will make random wooden items. Oddly enough the reaction to make a stone axe will work with the wooden item but it spits out a rock version of it.

Hi David, thank you for reporting this. It appears an old version of the item_tool raw was uploaded. To hot fix this, copy and paste the text file from vanilla DF into your saved game raws or add the following code blocks to end of the item_tool.txt:

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HELVE]
[NAME:helve:helves]
[VALUE:10]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:'\']
[SIZE:250]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[INCOMPLETE_ITEM]
[UNIMPROVABLE]
[NO_DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENTS]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STONE_AXE]
[NAME:axe:axes]
[STONE_MAT]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[TILE:'/']
[SIZE:400]
[SKILL:AXE]
[TWO_HANDED:27500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[ATTACK:EDGE:800:400:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:800:400:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:400:strike:strikes:helve:1000]

This will be fixed (again) in v37.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:27:12 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

David26906

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi David, thank you for reporting this. It appears an old version of the item_tool raw was uploaded. To hot fix this, copy and paste the text file from vanilla DF into your saved game raws or add the following code blocks to end of the item_tool.txt:

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HELVE]
[NAME:helve:helves]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:'\']
[SIZE:250]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[INCOMPLETE_ITEM]
[UNIMPROVABLE]
[NO_DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENTS]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STONE_AXE]
[NAME:axe:axes]
[STONE_MAT]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[TILE:'/']
[SIZE:400]
[SKILL:AXE]
[TWO_HANDED:27500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[ATTACK:EDGE:800:400:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:800:400:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:400:strike:strikes:helve:1000]

This will be fixed (again) in v37.
Ok, and just wanted to let you know thanks for working on this you are the best
P.S
Also gathered rocks cant be used to make a sharp rock it simply says you "practice your knapping" you can only use rocks that have been found on the floor
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:25:35 pm by David26906 »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see the mod has an enhanced version of Ironhand. But is it possible to play with ASCII graphics and still get the full effect? I guess I'm asking, is there an ASCII style pack that has graphics for this mod?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Ok, and just wanted to let you know thanks for working on this you are the best
P.S. Also gathered rocks cant be used to make a sharp rock it simply says you "practice your knapping" you can only use rocks that have been found on the floor.

To hot fix this replace the "Gather Rocks" reaction in reaction_dark_ages.txt with the following block of code:

[REACTION:GATHER_ROCKS_ADV]
[NAME:Gather Rocks]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:0:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:3:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]
[CATEGORY:ADV_GATHERING]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Gathering]

I see the mod has an enhanced version of Ironhand. But is it possible to play with ASCII graphics and still get the full effect? I guess I'm asking, is there an ASCII style pack that has graphics for this mod?

Yes it's designed for ASCII and Ironhand with rough support for tilesets included in the start pack. In fact, I will start uploading ASCII saved game worlds for testing of Dark Ages III [44.x][v37] as soon as possible.

Congratulations to Bay 12 Games on the release of Dwarf Fortress 44.01 which introduces artifacts, raiding sites in fortress mode, and pet modding among other things. This giant update will ultimately have a huge impact on Dark Ages development, as will the unreleased upcoming "Myth & Magic" update mentioned by Toady One:

Overall, many of the changes occurred under the hood, in preparation for the myth and magic release, but now the magic release will be able to incorporate artifacts of all kinds without additional delay, so hopefully it was time well spent...Devlog: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Since I can generate short stable worlds already, I will upload ASCII and Ironhand saved games worlds until a stable 44.x release is forthcoming.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:02:36 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Toady One on [44.02]
« Reply #908 on: November 26, 2017, 01:01:24 pm »

Still too soon to release the few interesting v37 worlds I've generated without crashing. For the record and for fun, Toady One's replies to 44.02 play testing:

Every migrant leaves a puke trail behind them, reminds me of tavern floors... Intended?

Ha ha, nope.

I noticed one thing when setting animal people-esque races (can be found out in the wild, don't have civs of their own, but can join civs and become playable when they do) to be parts of a certain civ with the new ANIMAL tokens - they don't actually become playable, despite having the [LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] and [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] tokens - is this intended or is something with the animal tokens overriding the CONTROLLABLE token?

Yeah, it's really not intended for civilized populations.  They go in a different array entirely.

On a side note - worldgen artifacts seem to not respect what materials actually exist naturally in the world or not.

Ah, yes, I had noted that but didn't have time to sort it out cleanly.  I'll get to it.

If you tell people you rescued an artifact they won`t care either. They will say "An unknown creature obtained x at y. I don't care one way or another."

Geh, after all the testing, looks like I managed to trash it all somehow near the end.

I will say that mentioned here that since 42.x location areas such as taverns & temples have been able to work & operate without actually having a meeting zone active & allocated causing most dwarves to attend on a ad-hoc basis to sing dance worship & drink. (as seen in attached save) instead of getting stuck or showing preference for locations over generic meeting zones.

Okay, I'll loop it in with the museum thing and see if it's all related.

I'm actually a little disappointed by the lack of a general assault and/or pillage option. I mean, you read "raid" and you imagine that, not skulking around like kobolds rummaging through people's stuff.

We plan to expand the options...  I hope it is paired with better loot, or you'll just be little murderous dwarves, he he he.  I think the existing code would even support leaving your squad leader or some other dwarf as a site administrator, but we'd have to tie that in to something else for it to be meaningful.  The release has certainly opened a lot of doors, anyway.

I wonder how much equipment matters in raid combat.

Assume it is working, it should matter a lot!

Also, hooray for porting mods. Do I need to append [POISONOUS] to modded poisonous sentients, or will that lead to unexpected results?

If you like -- it shouldn't change anything.  In vanilla, it applies to kobolds looking for wilderness creatures for their caves.

The visitor cap doesn't work it seems, tavern keeps filling up with people even though it's set low.

Most of them, incidentally, trying to find the artifact silk sock, that an Ettin used as his weapon when it attacked my fort. It's in my museum. Socks are serious business.

I believe questers ignore the caps now.  There's a gray area there and we'll have to deal with it somehow.

Kobolds learned to talk in this version?

Ha ha, how does thaaaaat work.  I'll mark it down.

Huh...  wonder why the cave entrances suddenly failed.  I tested several.  It's always something!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:14:23 am by GM-X »

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question about playing as a Lich. None of the raising dead powers work on corpses. I make sure their heads are intact, but when I target where their corpse is I don't get the option to raise it. Those powers work alright on the reanimator class though.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Question about playing as a Lich. None of the raising dead powers work on corpses. I make sure their heads are intact, but when I target where their corpse is I don't get the option to raise it. Those powers work alright on the reanimator class though.

Hi Vorbicon, when you cast Reanimate Skeleton as a Lich, do you get a raise option? Let me know what kind of corpse you are targeting.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Vorbicon, when you cast Reanimate Skeleton as a Lich, do you get a raise option? Let me know what kind of corpse you are targeting.

No, I don't get a raise option with that spell or the Raise the Dead spell. At the time, I was in a Lizard village causing some... trouble. They should have been raisable as I made sure to avoid hitting the head.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I don't get a raise option with that spell or the Raise the Dead spell. At the time, I was in a Lizard village causing some... trouble. They should have been raisable as I made sure to avoid hitting the head.

Okay, but Reanimate Skeleton was working fine on your Reanimator?

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, but Reanimate Skeleton was working fine on your Reanimator?

Yep, all the powers seemed to work fine on the Reanimator.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The animal men race might be missing the [UNDEAD_CANIDATE] tag. Why it's not the other way around with all creatures being reanimate-able by default unless they have a tag specifically excepting them, and why that tag is still only given to one race in vanilla I'll never understand.  :-\
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 92