Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]

Author Topic: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.09] [Wanderlust]  (Read 166100 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I was using the medium region in fact.

I successfully generated a world stopping the generation at year 380ish after a lot of tries, but at least, i now can play :D.

it seems to crash at random, so its something history related, i guess

This has been more clear in the past, but using named advanced world parameters is better for stability and content such as:

MED-FIRE&ICE-REGION-Y195

These include more or less ideal DA:III end years such as 195. Using other end years your mileage will vary. Large regions are usually more stable, but often get bogged down in events after 300-years or so due to hyper eventful world histories.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:38:55 pm by GM-X »

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't look like museums are not setup correctly in the most recent patch. I am unable to set them.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

It doesn't look like museums are not setup correctly in the most recent patch. I am unable to set them.

Hi Kraiger, thank you for reporting this. I was unable to find any reason museum zones wouldn't work correctly. I haven't modded them and they appear to be hard coded. -Unless they key off vanilla display stands and you deployed a DA display stand?

I could technically remove the modded ones now..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:28:03 pm by GM-X »

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi! returned to say thanks for the explanation.

When I read about "custom regions" I wrongly assumed all the advanced custom generators were "modded" and stable, so the only rule was "do not use the vanilla, non customized, worlds".

I will use the "named" advanced generator from now on, thanks again!  :)

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to generate a world with the advanced parameter presets, any of the medium ones anyway, it keeps retrying and get as far as "placing civilizations" and then restarts as its unable to place them all.  Thanks.

I have a nooby question as well:  I assume I can't just use a stock standard tileset right, it needs to be modded to work with your mod?  I sorta am used to using spacefox that's all.  What would happen if I use it?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi! returned to say thanks for the explanation.

When I read about "custom regions" I wrongly assumed all the advanced custom generators were "modded" and stable, so the only rule was "do not use the vanilla, non customized, worlds".

I will use the "named" advanced generator from now on, thanks again!  :)

All the advanced custom settings should work to some end date or another. I left the generic ones in for experimentation. Again, end years will always vary as the mod exasperates any vanilla world gen problems (Toady One is activity tracking a few now). As the DF new releases get more stable you will generally be able to make older worlds.

I, yeah, when I did the fix, I noticed that any destroyed world gen temple that then gets a relic attempt from an hf adherent to that religion attempting to gift an artifact would cause the crash (so hopefully this explains other world gen crashes.)  At that point I decided not to revert and investigate the details, since it would take some hours to run the gen several times.

I can't seem to generate a world with the advanced parameter presets, any of the medium ones anyway, it keeps retrying and get as far as "placing civilizations" and then restarts as its unable to place them all.  Thanks.

I have a nooby question as well:  I assume I can't just use a stock standard tileset right, it needs to be modded to work with your mod?  I sorta am used to using spacefox that's all.  What would happen if I use it?

Hi Garfink. Although it may generate 200+ rejected regions, I'm not having any trouble making stable worlds using the advanced world parameters such as:

MED-FIRE&ICE-REGION-Y195

All tilesets will work including Space Fox. Although, DA features a booster collection of Ironhand tiles which are currently only part of the old Start Pack.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:56:07 am by GM-X »

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi! Always me! :D Sorry to bother again

For... different reasons I now use Linux so i've lost everything. And I am a total noob in linux too.

Is there this modpack updated for this platform? I have searched and only find some older links.

edit: someone told me about wine. nevermind, it seems to work
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:09:08 pm by Neothanos »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi! Always me! :D Sorry to bother again

For... different reasons I now use Linux so i've lost everything. And I am a total noob in linux too.

Is there this modpack updated for this platform? I have searched and only find some older links.

edit: someone told me about wine. nevermind, it seems to work

Great. I'm glad to hear Wine is working. I will eventually post a raws only download.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet there is now a basic DA:III Wiki: http://www.adventrpg.com/WarandMythosWiki/Main_Page
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:37:28 am by GM-X »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any update on a raws only version? Would love to play this mod (again) on Linux.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]