Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447952 times)

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_12]
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 05:51:17 am »

Is there any way to transform back to a dwarf after changing to animal form as a druid in adventure mode? I drop all my items every time I transform, but the only way I can seem to turn back is by fast traveling somewhere and then coming back, which gets annoying.

Also, how does the magic system work in general? I don't expect you to reveal much, but are there more spells other than the ones you start with as "Wizard Outsider", and is there any way to unlock them in adventure mode? I found a infernomancer and that seemed cool as fuck but I don't know if it's possible to actually become one.

Edit: Sleeping for one hour worked. Thats much more manageable.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:35:17 am by marijuana »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 10:20:07 am »

Is there any way to transform back to a dwarf after changing to animal form as a druid in adventure mode? I drop all my items every time I transform, but the only way I can seem to turn back is by fast traveling somewhere and then coming back, which gets annoying.

Also, how does the magic system work in general? I don't expect you to reveal much, but are there more spells other than the ones you start with as "Wizard Outsider", and is there any way to unlock them in adventure mode? I found a infernomancer and that seemed cool as fuck but I don't know if it's possible to actually become one.

Edit: Sleeping for one hour worked. Thats much more manageable.

What animal did you turn into? All of them are set to equip. And, I played with that transformation length for a while. You will revert to dwarf form just wait for it. You are not meant to be able to control that moment.

Good question. I removed the ability to start as a magic user, except wizards. Because it's possible as a wizard to find slabs and books, encounter monsters, and learn most types of magic. For the first update, I'll add more magic using adventure classes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:26:00 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:15 pm »

How do I kill a Lich? I've been fighting one for hours and this bugger is impossible to kill. I tried to break his arms and legs but it doesn't seem to work. He is still standing tall and swinging away with his slicing knife.
Do I need to find his phylactery and smash it or is there some other trick to take him down?

On the positive side my dorf now has almost all attributes superdwarven.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2014, 03:48:36 pm »

How do I kill a Lich? I've been fighting one for hours and this bugger is impossible to kill. I tried to break his arms and legs but it doesn't seem to work. He is still standing tall and swinging away with his slicing knife.
Do I need to find his phylactery and smash it or is there some other trick to take him down?

Liches are overpowered. I am stunned you didn't die. I will say, they are weak to silver (or something else). Silver weapons should do the trick.

I'll be nerfing creatures based on player feedback. I don't think Liches got toned down, at all, from Fear of the Night.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:26:20 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »

Okay. Liches did get toned down. Way down. But they are still in the top-10 most powerful beings in Dark Ages.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:19 pm »

Liches are overpowered. I am stunned you didn't die. I will say, they are weak to silver (or something else). Silver weapons should do the trick.

I'll be nerfing creatures based on player feedback. I don't think Liches got toned down, at all, from Fear of the Night.

Adamantine dagger did the trick.
What concerns me though is the Liche's tower I cleaned out of about 200 zombies is full again after I got back to it. 

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 02:35:41 pm »

Adamantine dagger did the trick.
What concerns me though is the Liche's tower I cleaned out of about 200 zombies is full again after I got back to it.

Hot. Yeah, respawn is a concern. I'm unclear how respawn works in 2014, other than when you are not looking, but it's not something that can be modded.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:55:41 pm by Rammok »

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 11:45:26 am »

I think shadow's ability to paralyse is overpowered. Everything touched just dies of suffocation in couple turns. Even when you kill a shadow you are caught in a cloud it leaves, which has the same effect.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »

I think shadow's ability to paralyse is overpowered. Everything touched just dies of suffocation in couple turns. Even when you kill a shadow you are caught in a cloud it leaves, which has the same effect.

Shadows are horrifically dangerous. They are world enders. However, they do have limits and weaknesses.

There may be a cloud when you drop one, but that cloud is not dangerous. It probably means you were touched before you killed it. Shadow's embrace takes a while to build up effect.

Did you try range weapons? They need to be in melee range to kill.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:48:36 pm by Rammok »

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 01:55:36 pm »

Yeah I tried range weapons. They have became quite useless recently with how long they take to fire. Shadows are too quick to outrun them and fire at them at the same time. Maybe nerfing the syndrome to just make you unconscious instead of paralysing would be a good idea? Because right now when they touch you even once it is a sure game ender. It paralyses your lungs and you suffocate. There is no resisting it even with superdwarven endurance and recuperation.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:08:19 pm by DorfMeister »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 06:55:29 pm »

Yeah I tried range weapons. They have became quite useless recently with how long they take to fire. Shadows are too quick to outrun them and fire at them at the same time. Maybe nerfing the syndrome to just make you unconscious instead of paralysing would be a good idea? Because right now when they touch you even once it is a sure game ender. It paralyses your lungs and you suffocate. There is no resisting it even with superdwarven endurance and recuperation.

I'll take another look at resistance options. There are ways to make your adventurers immune currently. And, there are range powers that can kill one.

I may add a light-alchemy potion that will remove shadow syndrome, if you act very quickly.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 10:48:32 am »

There is no resisting it even with superdwarven endurance and recuperation.

Okay, I addressed this. I'll post R1_40_13 by 3:30AM PT

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Del1m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 01:31:39 pm »

This mod is awesome. All the new creatures and races work great, makes adventure mode alot more fun. Best moment so far was when I was playing as a wizard and got ambushed by 2 lesser wendigos. Managed to take down the first one pretty easily, but the second one knocked me down. Before I could even react he just started tearing me apart. I lost my left hand and left foot, so I was sure I was gonna die. I guess it was my lucky day because the lightning spell had just finished charging. I zapped him and put all my remaining force into one final stab at his brain. Went through like butter. Needless to say, I went home and retired my guy.

Also, +5 awesome points for making a website, looks real good !

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

Oh god please upload it to MEGA or something! I can't donwload since this was announced! D:

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2014, 06:48:25 pm »

Okay, I addressed this. I'll post R1_40_13 by 3:30AM PT

I'm confused.  Has this been released yet?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 91