Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447940 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R3_40_13]
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2014, 06:58:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:14:51 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_13]
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2014, 07:51:46 pm »

Awesome, thanks!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »

This mod is awesome. All the new creatures and races work great, makes adventure mode alot more fun. Best moment so far was when I was playing as a wizard and got ambushed by 2 lesser wendigos. Managed to take down the first one pretty easily, but the second one knocked me down. Before I could even react he just started tearing me apart. I lost my left hand and left foot, so I was sure I was gonna die. I guess it was my lucky day because the lightning spell had just finished charging. I zapped him and put all my remaining force into one final stab at his brain. Went through like butter. Needless to say, I went home and retired my guy.

Also, +5 awesome points for making a website, looks real good !

May your wizard adventurer experience a peaceful retirement. Until, his inevitable transformation into a Lesser Wendigo.

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 01:16:55 am »

I don't understand how any of the new classes work. Are the air magic spells weak or am I just using them wrong? I don't know what the Roar ability does either. Paladin none of my spells seem to be useable. I tried to heal but it won't let me select any targets. Same with mystify beast.

Also can someone explain to me how Shadows work? I have seen once where one of them cleared an entire room out by using embrace and it paralyzed us all, but I never saw it again and I don't get how it works. I've tried playing as one and the embrace ability doesn't do anything, just says "You embrace". I tried touching someone, but their armor always deflects it. So I took their armor off and tried, it just says it glances away. I also tried using wrestling and grabbing someone before using the embrace ability. Still doesnt seem to do anything.

Edit: And dark frenzy too. So far all I can get it to do is make people attack me.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:28:19 am by marijuana »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2014, 02:15:08 am »

I don't understand how any of the new classes work. Are the air magic spells weak or am I just using them wrong? I don't know what the Roar ability does either. Paladin none of my spells seem to be useable. I tried to heal but it won't let me select any targets. Same with mystify beast.

Also can someone explain to me how Shadows work? I have seen once where one of them cleared an entire room out by using embrace and it paralyzed us all, but I never saw it again and I don't get how it works. I've tried playing as one and the embrace ability doesn't do anything, just says "You embrace". I tried touching someone, but their armor always deflects it. So I took their armor off and tried, it just says it glances away. I also tried using wrestling and grabbing someone before using the embrace ability. Still doesnt seem to do anything.

Edit: And dark frenzy too. So far all I can get it to do is make people attack me.

The new classes are very alpha.
  :-X

Refit (mostly untested) powers and creatures from Meskion's magic mod and Genesis. I expected issues. I suspect wind may be underpowered. Roar looks to have fixable issues. Healing was missing something. (Even then it only acts as a healing booster and does not repair flesh.) Context is a factor. Mystify Beast for example, will only target animals and "reptiles". Dark Frenzy makes people go crazy, so that sounds to be working okay. :-X

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok R3_40_13 is released.
Changelog: http://dfdarkage.com/changelog.html
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:01:41 am by GM-X »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 08:14:51 am »

Just wondering if you plan on consolidating the adventurer reactions so there aren't as many redundant reactions/adventure specific tools.

I also noticed a few issues with the reactions in reaction_AUC.txt. I'm no reaction pro, so I could be totally wrong about these, but they popped out to me.

In the Fur tanning reaction, it calls for reaction class FUR_MAT for both the reagent and product, but from what I could tell the mod is using ZFUR_MAT as the actual fur reaction class. There also doesn't seem to be a way for adventurers to tan the other different skin types.

In the reactions to make thread, and metal bars, it has the PRODUCT_DIMENSIONS to 15000 and 150 respectively, but later reactions using those products only ask for 1 - 3, leaving the thread or bars preserved for more reactions. At least that's what I think is happening.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 11:04:50 am »

Just wondering if you plan on consolidating the adventurer reactions so there aren't as many redundant reactions/adventure specific tools.

Wanderer and Wanderers Friend crafting shouldn't be redundant. However, Adventure Useful Crafting (AUC) may be filled with redundancy. I have not reviewed these in months.

In the Fur tanning reaction, it calls for reaction class FUR_MAT for both the reagent and product, but from what I could tell the mod is using ZFUR_MAT as the actual fur reaction class. There also doesn't seem to be a way for adventurers to tan the other different skin types.

As of now Z-reactions can only be performed in Fortress Mode. I was considering making them adventure friendly. Using Deon's wanderer, you should still be able to produce vanilla leather. And leather refits.

In the reactions to make thread, and metal bars, it has the PRODUCT_DIMENSIONS to 15000 and 150 respectively, but later reactions using those products only ask for 1 - 3, leaving the thread or bars preserved for more reactions. At least that's what I think is happening.

Is this in AUC or where is this? Some of these reactions were added before I knew much about them, so if the original mod contains mistakes, listing redundancies, or inconsistencies, they are likely still in there and need addressing.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:42:34 pm by Rammok »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 01:27:59 pm »

Okay. I confirmed there is a lot of weirdness in AUC. I'm going to fix it up. If anyone has any issues (or requests) related to adventure crafting let me know.

Update: I completely overhauled adventure crafting into a new system called: DAAC (Dark Ages Adventure Crafting). No more redundancy. Only two tools are required, which any adventurer can make.

R4_40_13 should be ready by [Sep-26-14] 1:30AM PT
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:21:18 am by Rammok »

Zarathustra34

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 08:02:48 am »

So I'm playing to R2 version adventure mode. Vampires are super cool and all but so far I've only seen two master vampires out of the 10+ worlds I generated. The ones that had master vampires in them were older versions so I don't have them anymore. There are plenty of Vampire Lords and Ancient Vampires, but it seems like Master Vampires don't even exist anymore(?). Are master vampires supposed to be super rare? I've also checked legends to see if they even existed at some point in the history. Nuh uh. Not even once. Can I tweak the world gen parameters to increase the chance somehow? Thank you

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 11:16:24 am »

So I'm playing to R2 version adventure mode. Vampires are super cool and all but so far I've only seen two master vampires out of the 10+ worlds I generated. The ones that had master vampires in them were older versions so I don't have them anymore. There are plenty of Vampire Lords and Ancient Vampires, but it seems like Master Vampires don't even exist anymore(?). Are master vampires supposed to be super rare? I've also checked legends to see if they even existed at some point in the history. Nuh uh. Not even once. Can I tweak the world gen parameters to increase the chance somehow? Thank you

I recommend Legends Viewer. I'll post a utility pack eventually.

Having said that, I will give Master Vampires a boost so they are more common in the next version.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:34:11 pm by Rammok »

Zarathustra34

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »

I recommend Legends Viewer. I'll post a utility pack eventually.

Having said that, I will give Master Vampires a boost so they are more common in the next version.  ;)

Damn it, never should have said anything. I guess there will be much more FUN to be had.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
<< Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R5_40_13] <Pets Fix 2>
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2014, 07:06:43 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:50:35 pm by GM-X »

Mitzuki_Tsukashi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R4_40_13] <<Firearms>>
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »

The latest update seems to have broke something. The .ZIP archive is corrupted, and recovery attempts only broke it in different ways. What files I managed to cover seemed to be mostly fragments of the vanilla files, with a few of the mod's. My downstream is stable, so information loss would have to originate from the file server.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 01:39:44 am »

The latest update seems to have broke something. The .ZIP archive is corrupted, and recovery attempts only broke it in different ways. What files I managed to cover seemed to be mostly fragments of the vanilla files, with a few of the mod's. My downstream is stable, so information loss would have to originate from the file server.

Confirmed. I'm at a loss to explain it. It's not the zip, although I replaced both for good measure. It should clear up, but I mirrored to dropbox:

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok - [R4_40_13] Ironhand Graphics (12MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1160miq7pr1gxus/Dark_Ages_Iron_Win_R4_40_13.zip?dl=0
ASCII (10.7MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/c143vx0avpbsg3x/Dark_Ages_ASCII_Win_R4_40_13.zip?dl=0

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:29:45 am by GM-X »

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 02:21:49 pm »

I'm sorry, but would it be somehow possible to add vision cones to enemies when sneaking? Any file i could edit or anything?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 91