Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 454784 times)

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R1_40_19]
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2014, 12:33:09 am »

damn you need to fix the ascii release it's talking about Ironhand not found WTF
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2014, 03:37:42 am »

damn you need to fix the ascii release it's talking about Ironhand not found WTF

Okay, I see what went wrong. :-X

Uploaded the fixed ASCII version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jixt674oh61pxs7/Dark_Ages_ASCII_Win_R1_40_19.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:01:10 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2014, 01:15:49 pm »

So in my latest video I come across the illustrious wild Nothing. Specifically at this point I check what animals are about and one shows up as being called "Nothing". Eventually my War Lynx cadre killed it for whatever reason (it was flying so I was sufficiently impressed) and when I butchered it I got Nothing bones, skull, and feathers but the meat, skin, and such was labeled as "druidic falcon".
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2014, 03:04:22 pm »

So in my latest video I come across the illustrious wild Nothing. Specifically at this point I check what animals are about and one shows up as being called "Nothing". Eventually my War Lynx cadre killed it for whatever reason (it was flying so I was sufficiently impressed) and when I butchered it I got Nothing bones, skull, and feathers but the meat, skin, and such was labeled as "druidic falcon".

You may have killed a Druid Dwarf in Falcon form. I'm looking into it. First time I've been able to pinpoint what a "nothing" was. Still not sure what is causing this.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2014, 10:25:27 am »

GM-X, I'm working on a working linux distribution of Dark Ages.

• Could you please post a zip file of just your modified Ironhand?
  • Is the ASCII tileset modified at all? I wanted to use a square version of it
  • Also, looking forward to the guide, does it have an ETA?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:33:21 am by rmblr »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2014, 12:28:52 pm »

You may have killed a Druid Dwarf in Falcon form. I'm looking into it. First time I've been able to pinpoint what a "nothing" was. Still not sure what is causing this.
'Nothing's usually result when a creature lacks one of NAME or CASTE_NAME. I haven't had the chance to look through the raws for the culprits, but I think there are more than the druidic falcon responsible.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2014, 05:00:18 am »

I also experienced the mysterious Nothing creature. I noticed a few minutes earlier that a druidic peregrine falcon was in the units list.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

'Nothing's usually result when a creature lacks one of NAME or CASTE_NAME. I haven't had the chance to look through the raws for the culprits, but I think there are more than the druidic falcon responsible.

I've confirmed that druidic animals do in fact have names and caste names. Actually, the caste names need to be updated but they are there.

Might this be due to transformations? Not seen it happen with any other creatures yet.

Edit: Okay, I found the problem. Will fix in next update.

I also experienced the mysterious Nothing creature. I noticed a few minutes earlier that a druidic peregrine falcon was in the units list.

I plan to post the raws very soon. The guidebook is a ways off. I don't even have a rough estimate at this point.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:47:44 am by Rammok »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2014, 04:44:56 pm »

Two Wendigo vs. Fort: (skip to 42:20)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc7hYf3YbUU&list=UUsLv1nM_Vaq-jRyP-XeUl5Q

@Akhier the Dragon hearted - I'm scared when one Wendigo shows up.

Two Wendigo can be devastating. I'm far from a master of fort defense, but a map central entryway with walls is basically essential for early survival.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:05:03 pm by Rammok »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2014, 04:56:43 pm »

Wamiwi Denacoru Vimeba Irada, the mythical, enchanted, fire breathing Black Dragon just showed up at my fort.  :o First year, late summer. Livestock on the surface, one bridge guarding entrance hall but no lever hooked up. Dear god.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2014, 08:03:09 am »

I have noticed that a lack of defense tends to come back and bite me. Of course this leads to a bad end for me which while FUN isn't quite as fun as clawing my way back. On the other hand a bad end is good video. I will of course try to be more defensive but I am easily distracted by other things.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2014, 08:51:04 am »

Akhier, I've enjoyed your videos!

What do you think about putting together a short collection of recordings introducing the various Dark Ages differences from vanilla mode (workshops, magic etc)? As sort of a tutorial set.. The lack of guidebook or docs for this mod is frustrating hah.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2014, 09:27:22 am »

It would be interesting but I am probably more in the dark then you. All I have seen is a few monsters really.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2014, 12:29:40 pm »

The same methods employed to defend a vanilla Fort are essential in Dark Ages. I'll post these links on the site later too.

Defense Guide: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Defense_guide
Security Design: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Security_design

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2014, 05:44:50 am »

Aside from the Nothing attack similar to Akhier's. I've been having fun playing in Linux on a 9999 pocket.

Vherid's Sorrow and Fallen colors schemes are awesome with this mod too.

Can't wait for the guidebook, or any sort of docs that explain more about this awesomeness.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:03:40 am by rmblr »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92