Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 457770 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R4][40.24] <Wizards>
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2015, 01:48:58 pm »

Dark Ages [40.24][R5] Update Status:

For the first time since the release of DF 40.01 updating Dark Ages has become massively problematic. I'm hoping I've done something dumb with the raws, but it seems like Dark Ages might be reaching some sort of world gen tipping point.

Meaning, any change I make to the raws results in early and constant crashing during world gen.

I have spent a huge amount of time rolling back to [R4] and making tiny incremental changes. I will continue to do so. I even have an [R5] version that is stable enough for release, but not quite what I wanted. 

The only remaining culprits are the updates I have made to vampires. But I don't see how or why these minor adjustments would result in such woeful instability. This could be a crossroad for this mod, so I wanted to keep players informed.

GM-X

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2015, 02:13:24 pm »

Do you have a link for the crashing raws? I can't promise anything, but I can try look at the thing at least.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2015, 04:03:21 pm »

Do you have a link for the crashing raws? I can't promise anything, but I can try look at the thing at least.

Thank goodness. I'll try to post [R5] tonight.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2015, 04:57:24 pm »

Accidentally posted my question on the old one. How does one get the gunsmith forge and alchemy shop? Blue prints or?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2015, 10:26:18 pm »

Hmmm, weird that the vampire changes would crash you, but I've got it trimmed down to just the three master types and the randomly generated ones atm, though they work great.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2015, 02:36:24 pm »

Hmmm, weird that the vampire changes would crash you, but I've got it trimmed down to just the three master types and the randomly generated ones atm, though they work great.

I'm doubtful about the vampire changes being problematic. And yeah [R4] works like a charm.

Didn't post yet, but I discovered a weird thing... I really don't get. I added Vampire Bats that carry the lesser vampire curse. When I remove mountain biomes and forest biomes (there were way too numerous) [R5] crashes every single time early in world gen.

I've seen crashing before when overpopulating biomes, but never from reducing populations. And this mainly impact small worlds.  :-\

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2015, 03:06:10 pm »

That is weird. I can't say I've observed crashing from a lack of biomes before.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »

Dark Ages [40.24][R5] Update Status:

For the first time since the release of DF 40.01 updating Dark Ages has become massively problematic. I'm hoping I've done something dumb with the raws, but it seems like Dark Ages might be reaching some sort of world gen tipping point.

Meaning, any change I make to the raws results in early and constant crashing during world gen.

I have spent a huge amount of time rolling back to [R4] and making tiny incremental changes. I will continue to do so. I even have an [R5] version that is stable enough for release, but not quite what I wanted. 

The only remaining culprits are the updates I have made to vampires. But I don't see how or why these minor adjustments would result in such woeful instability. This could be a crossroad for this mod, so I wanted to keep players informed.

GM-X

This issue has been resolved. Excessively old domestic animals and the extreme popularity of Vampire Bats among evil races was breaking the world. Not anymore! A large update is incoming.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
<<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R5][40.24] <LNPr5>
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2015, 07:11:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:12:39 pm by GM-X »

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R5][40.24] <LNPr5>
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2015, 09:15:15 pm »

So i am just using this mod, and its not appearing in LNP. :C Am i doing something wrong?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2015, 01:21:38 am »

So i am just using this mod, and its not appearing in LNP. :C Am i doing something wrong?

If you don't see a "starter pack launcher (pylnp).exe" file after you unzipped the download, then check your antivirus quarantine. It may have been bounced there.  ::)   

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2015, 07:43:27 am »

Its there, but i dont see a mods tab! D:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:00:35 am by Buel »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2015, 10:17:21 am »

Hmmm, I'm still wondering whether it is something that I left out when I plucked your vampires or something else I have in place that keeps bites from spreading vampirism.

Totally adore you though for getting me to play around with interactions and stuff as it helped make a lot of modding more productive, I'm still trying to decide if it would be worth the risk to try and add a "Martial Trance" interaction which activates the bullet time vampire speed effect... it's sooooo fun being able to smack someone off their feet, run by and feed on them in mid-air, then wait for them to land and smack them back the other way like some sort of less horrible version of tennis.

...but then I'd have to deal with possibly screwing up the controls on the effect and having random dorf civvies punching my brains out in hyperspeed.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2015, 11:57:33 am »

Its there, but i dont see a mods tab! D:

Oh okay. The mod is already fused right in. No need to do anything else.  ;)

Hmmm, I'm still wondering whether it is something that I left out when I plucked your vampires or something else I have in place that keeps bites from spreading vampirism.

Totally adore you though for getting me to play around with interactions and stuff as it helped make a lot of modding more productive, I'm still trying to decide if it would be worth the risk to try and add a "Martial Trance" interaction which activates the bullet time vampire speed effect... it's sooooo fun being able to smack someone off their feet, run by and feed on them in mid-air, then wait for them to land and smack them back the other way like some sort of less horrible version of tennis.

...but then I'd have to deal with possibly screwing up the controls on the effect and having random dorf civvies punching my brains out in hyperspeed.

I thought the main reason vampirism doesn't spread is that the victim is typically killed by blood drain. The megabeast vampires in Dark Ages specifically have bite interactions, as do all the animal forms.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2015, 02:34:40 pm »

Oh okay. But how come they are not popping up in the civ tab?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:15:36 pm by Buel »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 92