Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 459215 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do they have MEANDERER or CURIOUSBEAST_* tokens? The first one makes them roam randomly, the second one makes them go for fortress stockpiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Its not that theyre physically stuck, they go kill stuff, but they always return to about where they spawned. Ive seen the black one chase down my dwarves and other creatures all over the map, it just wont attack anything until it sees it, the same thing with this undead dragon that's now chilling on the other corner. Makes for a real good defense now.

I had a silver dragon "protect" my fort for months, but it eventually left. What they may be doing is, waiting for a way to path through your fort to the caverns/tunnels. Have you reached the caverns yet? Also, have you used DFHack at any time?

If they never leave the map, try opening a safe route to the caverns. If that doesn't work, it could be the "can't leave map" bug appearing again.

If you felt enterprising you could also dig a pit underneath the dragons to cause a cave-in:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Cave-in
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:55:10 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do they have MEANDERER or CURIOUSBEAST_* tokens? The first one makes them roam randomly, the second one makes them go for fortress stockpiles.

I just checked the raws for the da dragons, they have [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER] tags, however they don't have [LARGE_PREDATOR] like the vanilla dragon does, I'm about to test whether adding it will make them attack. They also do not have any [ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:10000:100000], which explains why they showed up when my fortress had 9 dwarves.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I just checked the raws for the da dragons, they have [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER] tags, however they don't have [LARGE_PREDATOR] like the vanilla dragon does, I'm about to test whether adding it will make them attack. They also do not have any [ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:10000:100000], which explains why they showed up when my fortress had 9 dwarves.

Thank you. While dragons may still attack low population forts for various reasons, several are mistakenly missing attack triggers and the large predator tag. [r8] is incoming.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:37:51 am by GM-X »

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh snap, here goes my productivity for the week :D thank you so much for the update!

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've come across something else kinda weird. The Fates near me showed up to trade on my first summer, when they got to my depot and I opened the trade screen, they had nothing to trade, even though I see that they have brought stuff (animals in cages). Then after it said they departed, they wouldn't leave the depot until I unbuilt the Depot. They were back to trade the next season along with the dwarven caravan too. Also there was an Ancestral spirit, but I never saw it, I only know it existed from the dead units screen. Any idea whats going on?

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile

I'm so glad I tried this.

Thank you, great great work.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've come across something else kinda weird. The Fates near me showed up to trade on my first summer, when they got to my depot and I opened the trade screen, they had nothing to trade, even though I see that they have brought stuff (animals in cages). Then after it said they departed, they wouldn't leave the depot until I unbuilt the Depot. They were back to trade the next season along with the dwarven caravan too. Also there was an Ancestral spirit, but I never saw it, I only know it existed from the dead units screen. Any idea whats going on?

Did they have any goods the next season? First I've heard of trading issues with the Fates. On the contrary, they typically have more goods than the Elves.

Not sure why ancestral spirits are dying, but if they are causing the Fates to panic, I suppose it's possible they dropped their trade goods. I will look into what is going on with them later.

Also, have you used DFHack at any time Muffinator?

Posted by: pondicherry I'm so glad I tried this.

Thank you, great great work.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:48:13 pm by Rammok »

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used DF hacks workflow settings and digv, cant live without them, but other than that, nope.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used DF hacks workflow settings and digv, cant live without them, but other than that, nope.

Did they have trade goods the next season?  ::)

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but i now realize that for some reason I'm playing as legendary dwarven druids and not plain 'ol dwarves. I have no idea what I did to do that as other than add the expanded glazes mod to it, I haven't changed anything to the R8 release. I gotta play around with it more, I'm still really new to DF in general, and I really enjoy messing around with the raws.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

No, but i now realize that for some reason I'm playing as legendary dwarven druids and not plain 'ol dwarves. I have no idea what I did to do that as other than add the expanded glazes mod to it, I haven't changed anything to the R8 release. I gotta play around with it more, I'm still really new to DF in general, and I really enjoy messing around with the raws.
As far as I am aware, legendary dwarves are playable in this mod by default. When selecting a civ, it lists all playable civs. To know what the creature is, go to the neighbours tab and see which creature is at the top: that's you. Cycle between civs and you'll probably see it switch from dwarf to legendary dwarf. If I'm not wrong, legendary dwarves make cities in worldgen, making the icons in the worldmap different.

(DF itself now allows for automining of veins/clusters, so no need to use DFHack for that. It's good for other wizardry though.)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I am aware, legendary dwarves are playable in this mod by default. When selecting a civ, it lists all playable civs. To know what the creature is, go to the neighbours tab and see which creature is at the top: that's you. Cycle between civs and you'll probably see it switch from dwarf to legendary dwarf. If I'm not wrong, legendary dwarves make cities in worldgen, making the icons in the worldmap different.

(DF itself now allows for automining of veins/clusters, so no need to use DFHack for that. It's good for other wizardry though.)

It all makes so much sese now... Thank you! how do you command dwarves to digv in regular DF?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

It all makes so much sese now... Thank you! how do you command dwarves to digv in regular DF?
When designating digging, there should be a hotkey in the bottom of the menu, I can't remember which, saying something like "designating all". Pressing it will switch between all, veins, veins+clusters, clusters.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 92