Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452233 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, but i now realize that for some reason I'm playing as legendary dwarven druids and not plain 'ol dwarves. I have no idea what I did to do that as other than add the expanded glazes mod to it, I haven't changed anything to the R8 release. I gotta play around with it more, I'm still really new to DF in general, and I really enjoy messing around with the raws.
As far as I am aware, legendary dwarves are playable in this mod by default. When selecting a civ, it lists all playable civs. To know what the creature is, go to the neighbours tab and see which creature is at the top: that's you. Cycle between civs and you'll probably see it switch from dwarf to legendary dwarf. If I'm not wrong, legendary dwarves make cities in worldgen, making the icons in the worldmap different.

(DF itself now allows for automining of veins/clusters, so no need to use DFHack for that. It's good for other wizardry though.)

It all makes so much sese now... Thank you! how do you command dwarves to digv in regular DF?

Legendary Dwarf castes have been splitting civilizations into Druids and Mages. This was unexpected. I still need to look into what is going on there. But, that should not effect trading at all.

DFHack is designed for vanilla DF. As such, it will not always play nicely with Dark Ages. It can and has caused some weird things to occur. 

It may only be certain features that conflict, however, it is untested, as fair warning.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:43:28 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Ancestral Spirits are broken. Their ectoplasm skin tissue is melting and exploding. This has apparently been terrifying people. Causing them to drop all of their belongings and run for their lives. Paste over this body block for Ancestral Spirits in your saved game raw creature_myth_beast_chasm for a quick fix:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will also be adding a Human Fighter Class. It's a good time to report bugs and make suggestions (like new adventure classes) before the next update.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:45:35 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, another update! I was kinda wondering if you could maybe make the silver and black dragons interbreed-able with the vanilla ones, maybe make them different castes or something.. That'd be super cool!

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile

Tried playing this a while ago with ascii, it was broken.
Has it been fixed?

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tile for sand, animals are wrong etc. Mainly affects ascii and just font and it wouldn't matter when using a graphics pack.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tile for sand, animals are wrong etc. Mainly affects ascii and just font and it wouldn't matter when using a graphics pack.

I probably broke it again. I will update the ASCII raws for the next update. Which should be fairly soon...

Human Fighter, Elf Ranger, and Human Rouge adventure classes with unique abilities are all being added in [r9].
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:15:20 am by Rammok »

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm noticing with ironhand graphics pack a lot of animals are letters, don't know if that's also related.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I'm noticing with ironhand graphics pack a lot of animals are letters, don't know if that's also related.

Even with adding 120+ tiles to Ironhand, there are many vanilla creatures that don't have graphics. The letter designation should make sense, but the color may be wrong. I planned to address this eventually (at least in Ironhand for common animals).

Feel free to list any creatures you think should have graphics. I will take a look.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even with adding 120+ tiles to Ironhand, there are many vanilla creatures that don't have graphics. The letter designation should make sense, but the color may be wrong. I planned to address this eventually (at least in Ironhand for common animals).

Feel free to list any creatures you think should have graphics. I will take a look.

For me sand was using the tile of bucket, carp was "," or something that there of. Monarch butterflys were wrong. It wasn't possible to tell what was what if it was wrong. I didn't want to go through and fix everything seeing as there would be alot to correct.

I find it rather unplayable untill that is fixed. Looks like it would be fun.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

For me sand was using the tile of bucket, carp was "," or something that there of. Monarch butterflys were wrong. It wasn't possible to tell what was what if it was wrong. I didn't want to go through and fix everything seeing as there would be alot to correct.

I find it rather unplayable untill that is fixed. Looks like it would be fun.

The ASCII fix should be easy, no need for any footwork on your part. Should be fixed [R9]. Thank you for reporting this.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question, I'm near,  aboleths, and lizard men and hags. When would they start to siege me? i am year 2 into my fort, have a 121 dwarves and over 2 billion wealth. They havent popped up on the civ.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Question, I'm near,  aboleths, and lizard men and hags. When would they start to siege me? i am year 2 into my fort, have a 121 dwarves and over 2 billion wealth. They havent popped up on the civ.

Congratulations on your thriving fort. ;)

Dark Age civs have similar attack triggers to goblins. Unfortunately, sieges are inconsistent in DF 40.x. This entire Reddit thread is the best data I've seen on the topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2rfjj8/biggest_siege_youve_seen_in_40x/

I would check the condition of nearby civilizations in Legends Viewer for starters. Let me know what you find out. I'm also willing to take a look at your saved game if you like.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:10:22 am by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Old version.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:53:34 pm by GM-X »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Shouldn't that be Rogue rather than Rouge? >.<

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Shouldn't that be Rogue rather than Rouge? >.<

Thank you for instantly letting me know. Fixed it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 92