Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 454990 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [<< DAII: War&Mythos >>] Vanilla + Horror [42.06][R4b] [Start Pack]
« Reply #540 on: April 02, 2016, 02:12:34 am »

Just wanted to tell you a quick "Thank You!" for the mod. I've been playing DF on and off for almost 10 years now, and War & Mythos definitely gave me the best laughs and giggles of the past few years. Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear you are having fun. Have to admit, it makes me laugh constantly. 

Im playing using the starter pack from OP and the Ironhands graphic set, and for some reason I do not have the ability to build any of the custom workshops like the woodshop/alchemy lab/gunshop.

What am I doing wrong here?

You did nothing wrong. It looks like the default entity file was overwritten by the vanilla raw, so only Legendary Dwarfs had access to Dark Ages buildings. :-[

Thank you for reporting this. Uploaded a hot fix [R4b]. Unfortunately, you will need to gen a new world to resolve the problem.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/23y7ku6j8ax5vnb/DAII%20War%20%26%20Myth%20%5BR4%5D%20%5B42.06%5D%5BStartPack%5D.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:58:19 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Keoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 02, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »

Just wanted to tell you a quick "Thank You!" for the mod. I've been playing DF on and off for almost 10 years now, and War & Mythos definitely gave me the best laughs and giggles of the past few years. Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear you are having fun. Have to admit, it makes me laugh constantly. 

Im playing using the starter pack from OP and the Ironhands graphic set, and for some reason I do not have the ability to build any of the custom workshops like the woodshop/alchemy lab/gunshop.

What am I doing wrong here?

You did nothing wrong. It looks like the default entity file was overwritten by the vanilla raw, so only Legendary Dwarfs had access to Dark Ages buildings. :-[

Thank you for reporting this. Uploaded a hot fix [R4b]. Unfortunately, you will need to gen a new world to resolve the problem.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/23y7ku6j8ax5vnb/DAII%20War%20%26%20Myth%20%5BR4%5D%20%5B42.06%5D%5BStartPack%5D.zip?dl=0

Righton, thanks for the prompt reply! :)

Krewl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 05, 2016, 05:35:20 pm »

Applaudes to you, good sir GM-X!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:37:45 pm by Krewl »

Keoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 05, 2016, 09:32:08 pm »

So I have a mage legendary dwarf that visited for mercenary reasons, and now I have let him stay after he petitioned. Sure why not, into the military you go!

Looking through some legends stuff after seeing a weird age in his thoughts menu and now I think he is a deity/weredragon. Will he actually turn into a dragon, and if so will he wreck my fort or be friendly?

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 06, 2016, 07:14:06 am »

Woo. Apparently its been over 4 months since I last checked this thread. Awesome to see the new release, looking forward to playing it :D

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #545 on: April 07, 2016, 05:19:46 am »

Applaudes to you, good sir GM-X!

Thank you.  :)

So I have a mage legendary dwarf that visited for mercenary reasons, and now I have let him stay after he petitioned. Sure why not, into the military you go!

Looking through some legends stuff after seeing a weird age in his thoughts menu and now I think he is a deity/weredragon. Will he actually turn into a dragon, and if so will he wreck my fort or be friendly?

Yes, he can turn into a dragon and potentially ruin your fort. Keep an eye on him, and let me know how things go.  ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:41:39 am by GM-X »

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 09, 2016, 10:46:48 am »

Hey GM! Great work on this mod. I've been playing it a bit, very fun. Love the lore-friendly atmosphere.

One issue I've run into is that Lizard People, out of all the civs, don't have a default sprite. I'm new to modding, and I've tried to make their default tile one of phoebus snake men, but I can't get it to work.

Is there a simple way to accomplish this, or a tutorial somewhere on how to apply graphics to a custom race?

Edit: Here's exactly what I've done.

I copied phoebus humanoids png and renamed it lizard_people in the main folder. Then I created a graphics_lizard_people text file in the raw/graphics folder, and loaded it with this:

graphics_lizard_people

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:LIZARD_PEOPLE]
   [FILE:lizard_people.png]
   [TILE_DIM:16:16]
   [PAGE_DIM:4:21]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:LIZARD_PEOPLE]
  [DEFAULT:LIZARD_PEOPLE:1:8:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Anything else I need to do?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:52:04 am by DoX »

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2016, 10:51:44 am »

You should check the DF wiki. It has eeeverything you need for modding. Looking up tilesets or something might help.
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2016, 10:56:25 am »

You should check the DF wiki. It has eeeverything you need for modding. Looking up tilesets or something might help.

I've been exploring the wiki actually. The tileset and creature texture token page have been some help, but I'm still having trouble.

Aah, I THINK I've figured it out!

"Creature Graphics
Put the graphic set into a subfolder in raw/graphics and the corresponding text file directly in raw/graphics. If you have an active save you will have to put them into the raw folder of your save, as well (data/save/<your region>/raw/graphics)."

I need to update my actual save with this. Alrighty.

EDIT: Success! It worked. One final change I had to make was altering 1:8 to 0:8 because, apparently, the first row in a graphics png is row 0. Now I have liiiiizards. One step closer to modding! Huzzah!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:03:48 am by DoX »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2016, 05:20:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you for reporting this DoX.

The creature name in the "graphics_critters_ih" raw incorrectly says "LIZARD_MAN". For a quick fix, you can also overwrite this block of text in the saved game "graphics_critters_ih" raw with the following:

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:LIZARD_PEOPLE]
  [DEFAULT:CRITTER:28:17:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
  [CHILD:CRITTER:29:17:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
  [ANIMATED:CRITTER:30:17:AS_IS:ANIMATED]

I will also fix this for the next release.

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2016, 05:32:01 am »

I think powers of some curses are broken. For example powers that require you to use corpses, it does not let me target recently deceased corpses when i put cursor(X) over them. Can you check if its working properly, if there are no problems then what am i doing something wrong?

Another thing, i've fought few Vampire Lords and they don't seem to use any of their powers. Is that normal? If i remember correctly in Dark Ages 1 they would use their powers like turning into bat / vanishing?! etc.

EDIT: Tested a bit more, raising corpses works but not always for some reason.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:02:52 am by _forgotten »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2016, 02:56:46 am »

I think powers of some curses are broken. For example powers that require you to use corpses, it does not let me target recently deceased corpses when i put cursor(X) over them. Can you check if its working properly, if there are no problems then what am i doing something wrong?

Another thing, i've fought few Vampire Lords and they don't seem to use any of their powers. Is that normal? If i remember correctly in Dark Ages 1 they would use their powers like turning into bat / vanishing?! etc.

EDIT: Tested a bit more, raising corpses works but not always for some reason.

I do believe that some corpses cannot be raised. I did broaden what was "fit for animation" in a recent update though. This could have something to do with recent changes Toady One made to zombies.

I can confirm that Vampire Lords and Master Vampires have not been changed in DA:II. After reviewing the raws, I don't immediately see a reason why they wouldn't use their powers.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2016, 05:57:37 am »

Question1
Any idea what is going on ? Without changes below when i generate world it rarely crashes but when i use this it crashes a lot when it reaches 50-100 years+.

trying to fix vanilla annoying skin default generation on butcher animal and game seems to crash a lot more when it generates world. Below is what i am editing.

material_template_default.txt:

at the end of skin material after [ROTS]

Code: [Select]
[STOCKPILE_GLOB]
[DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB]
[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:GLOB:NONE]
[REACTION_CLASS:SKIN]

reaction_other.txt :

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]
   [NAME:tan a hide]
   [BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_T]
   [REAGENT:A:150:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]

In the product, if you want to use the reagent's material itself, use NONE instead of a reaction product class (TAN_MAT in this example).

[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
   [SKILL:TANNER]
   [AUTOMATIC]

With this from one animal you get more skin that one (usually number something closer to fat you get usually) and it is stored under fat in stockpiles

Question2
Is there any way you will add playing as humans ? I mean adding tag does the job but whole noble screen and whole plethora of options is turned off. I can edit it fine but then game seem to not like it much on world generation and again it may crash while playing game.

Question3
Does custom animals and lot of other stuff make stonesense unuasable ? I mean i crashes very often and always when some traders are at fort. I would love to take screenshots of whole fortress but stonesense seems to crash very often. Sometimes it works with no problem sometimes it crashed whole game every time when i switch it on at specified point in my game.

Question4
Any plans to redo armor and weapons ? Stalls armory pack is imo excellent and i love how it fixes vanilla shields, mail shirts stacking and creates much more reasonable armory and weapons, also removes overpowered problems like dwarf bites being lethal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142993.0

I already tried to add it myself but you seem to have additional edits with your own custom things that doesn't seem to jive well when i modify default raws.

It would be great if you could point what you changed in therms of weapons and generally where.

Question5
What is the difference between your world generation profile and normal world generation ? I tried to normally generate world and it crashes a lot less that your profiles. I think though not all races are added this way (due to their spawning points i think). I play mainly DF mode not adventure. Should i use normal generation if don't play adventure mode ? If yes this would also lower amount crashes i think.

Question 6
I want to slow down skill learning of civilizations to accommodate for their longlivety. I found creature token called SKILL_LEARN_RATES:xx where xx is %. Can i add it without problem to creature standard.txt ? eg. humans ?

A: Tested it ! It works really well. i just add [SKILL_LEARN_RATES:50] to creatures standard after canopendoor and it halves experience gained by that civ people. Which means that training elite squad no longer takes 1,5 years but 3 years. If i change it to 25 then it will take 6 years which means that to get legendary dude he would actually need to survive that much time.
Same with every other skill. Now legendary miner or other prof is really super valuable member of society.

edit: Does your mod crash a lot when you generate world using your prefs (with dfhackoff) ? Played earlier versions and i don't remember that much crashing when i switched dfhack off for world generation. Maybe problems above aren't exclusive to my modding but generally for your mod.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:46:41 am by perkel »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #553 on: April 14, 2016, 05:43:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Due to this being a release thread, it would be off topic to go into personal modding of DA:II. It has taken months to strike a balance with all the features of the various mods. If you tinker with any of it, it may result in lots and lots of world gen crashing that I can't assist you with as it's more art than science. 

I will say:
  • I have noticed that modding humans leads to tons of crashing during world gen and for that reason I have done very little of it.
  • Default vanilla world gen omits features of Dark Ages, but world gen is more stable.
  • I never use DFHack to gen worlds and indeed it is not required for DA:II
  • Large younger worlds (under 333 years) are typically the most stable during world gen.
  • I do plan to add more access to weapons and armor, including possibly parts of Stalls armory mod. Probably for the next big content update.
Crashing in world gen can happen for mysterious reasons including bugs in vanilla DF that may be exasperated by DA:II. Each new release I usually make tiny adjustments that help advanced world gen stability. There are some comments in the entity_default raw about this.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:40:15 pm by GM-X »

_forgotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 16, 2016, 03:21:51 pm »

Do lizard men have tileset graphics? They appear as L for me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:23:16 pm by _forgotten »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 92