Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453763 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

It was mostly dwarves who vandalized, with one human and one goblin. I recorded 20 individual instances, the vandals would take out all instruments and statues on the map, my hammerer would dispense justice, then maybe a couple of in game days after punishment, they would do it again. However, there were other visitors that came that didn't vandalize, I believe 2/3 behaved. But there was always constantly one on the map tearing things down. Sorry for the long winded answer

I strongly suspect they are cursed or evil magic users of some sort. Could be a bad neighborhood I suppose. I will look into this further before releasing [v33].     

Does this have playable elves? Is that why it's called rise of the dark elf?

Dark Elves are a non-playable evil civilization. But playable adventurers. They are one of the more powerful humanoid races now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
wait they're powerful? darn I really should have dip into them instead of trying to figure out a way to retire this reanimator oh well maybe next update.

Basically a mixture of Rangers and Rogues, with a silver weakness. A necromancer or vampire Dark Elf could be quite dangerous.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:03:29 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Kristviljan

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh shit, I'm sorry
    • View Profile

Is it impossible for orcs to learn the secrets of life and death? Or did I find a slab that simply says "the secrets of life and death" and doesn't actually contain said secrets?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Is it impossible for orcs to learn the secrets of life and death? Or did I find a slab that simply says "the secrets of life and death" and doesn't actually contain said secrets?
orcs might be immortal which prevents the need to learn the secrets of life and death.
but considering this game has god curses you could just tip over some statues and unlock the similar abilities... unless that also needs mortal.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Yes, Orcs can learn secrets. It sounds like you read one of the many other Necro books with similar titles, that may or may not contain any actual secrets. If you for sure read a slab and it didn't work... let me know what the secret was and I will take a look. 

Update 43.03 [v33] is incoming. World gen is working well for large regions, so it will be uploaded later tonight.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:59:00 pm by GM-X »

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome! I'll be giving the mod another go once the update lands. :D

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

DAII: War & Mythos [43.03] [v33] has been released.

"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."

PC Download (62MB): [Dark Ages: War & Mythos: Start Pack]
ASCII Direct Download: (12MB)
Release Version: 33 (DFHack not required.)
Release Notes: Use the new 250-year old large regional advanced world parameter for the best stability during world gen. Not all Start Pack utilities work with DF version 43.03.
Race Lore: War & Mythos
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:37:46 pm by GM-X »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay so my anti-virus said Dwarfmockup.exe was a trojan... also is there a Non Start up pack for this I can get?
"body swapping and YOU!"

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

okay so my anti-virus said Dwarfmockup.exe was a trojan... also is there a Non Start up pack for this I can get?

It is a false positive but it's been reported before, so I removed it. Also just re-added the ASCII download to the OP. 

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh looks like who ever made the adventure reactions Took out the vanilla stone axe crafting...
"body swapping and YOU!"

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The adventure reactions don't have any categories either, though it seems the same as the last version of DarkAge. Could probably use an update.

Edit: I guess there are some categories, just not everything has one.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

oh looks like who ever made the adventure reactions Took out the vanilla stone axe crafting...

Mmm. I do see the vanilla stone axe crafting reactions in the "reaction_other" raws. 

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mmm. I do see the vanilla stone axe crafting reactions in the "reaction_other" raws.
oh wait I think it might been trying to switch to acsii using the starter pack which might remove stone axes also the Heave.
"body swapping and YOU!"

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

oh wait I think it might been trying to switch to acsii using the starter pack which might remove stone axes also the Heave.

Okay the reaction was there, but the tools were missing from the default raws folder. Fixed it and uploaded the corrected Starter Pack. 

Kristviljan

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh shit, I'm sorry
    • View Profile

orcs might be immortal which prevents the need to learn the secrets of life and death.
but considering this game has god curses you could just tip over some statues and unlock the similar abilities... unless that also needs mortal.

Where do I find some statues to knock over?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where do I find some statues to knock over?
  at a church hopefully you got a good Pissed off god.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 92