Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453751 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Perhaps, a Lich adventure class? With a disguise spell to blend in with society?

There was originally a Lich adventure class. It would be nice to have them make use of disguise spell.

Is there any way i can craft arrows?
Edit: Found out wow this mod is epic!

Hi toupz. Thank you. I'm glad you figured things out. Please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Years 135-to-175 is an ideal time in civilization development to embark in the Dark Ages mod. Much later, and civilizations may go extinct or world generation may hang. Much shorter and there won't be many necro towers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:50:19 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

WretchedWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey, I understand that there is a possibility that you have already answered this question before, if not already multiple times, but, if you would be so kind as to humor my inquiry, I was just wondering what specifically is different or special about the vampire lords white, black and gray, and if there is a way to become one in adventure mode.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hey, I understand that there is a possibility that you have already answered this question before, if not already multiple times, but, if you would be so kind as to humor my inquiry, I was just wondering what specifically is different or special about the vampire lords white, black and gray, and if there is a way to become one in adventure mode.

Hi WretchedWolf. I have not explained the differences between Vampire Lords. Basically, the darker the more powerful. There is currently no way to become one, but some other vampires are more powerful than they are.

Here's a link to a little more info: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143540.msg6289665;topicseen#msg6289665

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile

I'm not sure that this is the right place to report typos, but the messages for the "Lightning" interaction used by wizards and other creatures misspells "lightning" as "lightening." Also, the syndrome that is caused by this interaction is supposed to cause pain, but doesn't seem to have any effect. Is this intentional?

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You said you were close to another release a week or two ago, do you know when that might be?

Also I found some discrepancies in the raws for werecreatures. In your description of them it says they have a certain material weakness but their actual material weakness is completely different and also it seems unreasonably high.

For example [DESCRIPTION:A monster resembling a bear that walks on two legs like a man. It is gigantic. It's fur is pale, and its eyes glow yellow. It is said that only copper can harm the creature. Now you will know why you fear the night.]

Indicates that werepolarbears should be weak to copper but their tag is actually
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:IRON:1000:1]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:1000:1]

Making them incredibly weak to iron and silver. It seems like giving every werecreature a weakness to silver is what you were going for but I believe iron should be switched out for copper in this case.

The multiplier also seems way too high, 333 times as much force from two common types of metal seems excessive when the standard in vanilla is 3.33.  Maybe making it match weredragon's weakness amounts:
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:IRON:10:1]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:500:1]
 might be better, but 166 times as much force  from silver weapons in addition to the standard weakness to another metal still seems excessive.

Is silver supposed to be very rare in this mod to justify it's ability to shred night creatures?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Minor bug report.  I set my mayor's suite to be engraved, and upon returning, was presented with this;

It is attempting to match the content of the engraving with closest available graphic.

That's a vanilla problem in general. If you engrave any room, it will look terrible graphically. I don't remember the keys to toggle engravings but it's (d) -> something.

Thank you for letting us know Codyo.

I know a few DF versions back engravings were working normally, not sure when the problem crept in to vanilla.

"Show engravings" has always been the default in vanilla.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Taking a peek at the most recent version (which I hadnt seen yet, due to net issues through mid 2016).. is there not a version of dwarf therapist that works with this mod? :( how about dfhack?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ~DAII: War & Mythos~ϟ] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] [Coming Soon!]
« Reply #772 on: January 14, 2017, 07:19:35 pm »

Hail,

All recently posted fixes, typos, and suggestions will be released in v36, soon. Including, the new Lich adventure class with deceptive female human form.

You said you were close to another release a week or two ago, do you know when that might be?

Also I found some discrepancies in the raws for werecreatures. In your description of them it says they have a certain material weakness but their actual material weakness is completely different and also it seems unreasonably high.

For example [DESCRIPTION:A monster resembling a bear that walks on two legs like a man. It is gigantic. It's fur is pale, and its eyes glow yellow. It is said that only copper can harm the creature. Now you will know why you fear the night.]

Indicates that werepolarbears should be weak to copper but their tag is actually
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:IRON:1000:1]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:1000:1]

Making them incredibly weak to iron and silver. It seems like giving every werecreature a weakness to silver is what you were going for but I believe iron should be switched out for copper in this case.

The multiplier also seems way too high, 333 times as much force from two common types of metal seems excessive when the standard in vanilla is 3.33.  Maybe making it match weredragon's weakness amounts:
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:IRON:10:1]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:500:1]
 might be better, but 166 times as much force  from silver weapons in addition to the standard weakness to another metal still seems excessive.

Is silver supposed to be very rare in this mod to justify it's ability to shred night creatures?

Hi LCastillo. I agree with your assessment that material weakness is overpowered so I toned it down. I believe this was some vestiges of the Fear of the Night mod. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taking a peek at the most recent version (which I hadnt seen yet, due to net issues through mid 2016).. is there not a version of dwarf therapist that works with this mod? :( how about dfhack?

You are able to manually update DF Therapist and DFHack by downloading the 32-bit version of the Starter Pack. The link is faintly on the OP:

(v33a) 32-bit Utility Friendly PC Start Pack: (old)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:23:47 pm by GM-X »

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Manually updating something sounds out of my wheelhouse -_- Can I just use the 32 bit DT out of the box?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Manually updating something sounds out of my wheelhouse -_- Can I just use the 32 bit DT out of the box?

Yes, you can but it's running v33 for now though. You can just copy and paste the latest version of Dwarf Therapist (or any utility) into the LNP/Utilities folder of the Start Pack.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worldgen is crashing constantly for me right after it starts running the history. I'd say it doesn't get past year 5.

Edit: any chance you could share a few more interesting world gens saves?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:56:14 pm by rmblr »

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, you can but it's running v33 for now though. You can just copy and paste the latest version of Dwarf Therapist (or any utility) into the LNP/Utilities folder of the Start Pack.

The v33 starter pack doesn't have DT, or if it does its not in the Utilities directory. I've tried several versions of DT from the official thread, and all of them end up crashing. Dunno what Im doing wrong, but its clearly something.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is it about custom worldgen profiles that the mod doesnt like? O_O (Note: I know its unstable without using the pre-made gens, Im just stubborn)

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ~DAII: War & Mythos~ϟ] Vanilla + Horror [43.05][v36] [Coming Soon!]
« Reply #778 on: January 16, 2017, 01:56:48 am »

Hi LCastillo. I agree with your assessment that material weakness is overpowered so I toned it down. I believe this was some vestiges of the Fear of the Night mod. 

That's great to hear, I love playing as a werebeast and it's been dicey so far in current version having to work around two weaknesses, and I have some weird compulsion about it being too cheaty to edit the raws myself.

Looking forward to the new version, it might just the thing I need to nudge me into making a new fort.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:06:48 am by LCastillo »

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been pretty bored but reticent to start a new fort while waiting on new version/new mod releases, so I decided to actually took a look at the old "Fear the Night RAWS" because you mentioned them, and saw where the original numbers came from.
The general template was
[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:1000]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:10000:1]

With x being whatever the respective weakness was, which was equivalent to x10 bonus when you look at how both interact with each other.

I can see why you changed it, taking 1/1000th damage from everything but their weakness was a bit ridiculous.

You probably have much more experience with RAWS and modding and balance than I do.

But with that being said I've been doing some testing but would caution against swinging the pendulum too far the other way.

From looking at it both adventure mode and Arena anything over x10 basically makes basic blows to the upper body cause pulping through armor no matter your strength.

This kinda sucks for roleplaying as a night-creature hunter in adventure mode because it makes fights with even the really strong night creatures feel really anticlimactic.

figuring it might be helpful I made a few templates and tested them out.

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:10]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:100:1]

Makes the large weaknesses feel earned as it becomes difficult but not impossible to do damage with conventional weapons

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:3]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:10:1]

The standard in vanilla feels very fair, but makes the weakness sort of an afterthought

[GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:1:5]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:x:25:1]

Feels like a good balance, werecreatures felt pretty resilient but not impossible to take down with conventional weapons. Weapons and thrown objects of the weakness material felt effective but didn't just laser through armor and limbs in the sort of silly way x10 tended to cause. I could see a dedicated night-creature hunter adventure mode character kitting themselves out in silver to gain an edge without it seeming too cheesy and making the fights too easy.

Typing this out has given me an idea for an adventurer class:
Night-Creature hunter,
  • summon silver ammunition
  • sense creatures the way vampires can
  • maybe create a pool of some sort of syndrome inducing liquid that you could drop weapons into in order to poison them?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:47:31 am by LCastillo »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 92