Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453630 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Which buildings are you trying to make? Most require blocks for starters.

Sorry, wasn't as clear as I should've been. When I asked that before what I meant is that the buildings simply aren't showing up in the list of stuff I can build, ergo making it so I can't attempt to construct them

Did you try downloading it again? I am able to view them.

W&M buildings are listed under Workshops. B key. Then W key. Bottom of the list.

Yes I'm aware of how to build Workshops, what I'm saying is the custom ones don't show up in that list. That said though I do appreciate you trying to help

I'm able to view them and they were listed normally in recent YouTubes. Did you make any personal mods or copy and paste folders? Are you running DFHack?

Also do you see building_dark_ages.txt in your saved game raws folder?

If not, I recommend downloading the Starter Pack again and running with default settings. Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:13:55 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I take it that I would be missing lots of sprites and stuff If I used phoebus tileset? I just like ground/wall/ore tiles etc in phoebus more

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I take it that I would be missing lots of sprites and stuff If I used phoebus tileset? I just like ground/wall/ore tiles etc in phoebus more

Hi Prismaa. You would not. Phoebus has also been modded to support all the W&M creatures. However, many are based on Ironhand so the creatures may clash with the tileset as you are accustom to viewing it.

TheCowofEternalFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Sorry, wasn't as clear as I should've been. When I asked that before what I meant is that the buildings simply aren't showing up in the list of stuff I can build, ergo making it so I can't attempt to construct them

W&M buildings are listed under Workshops. B key. Then W key. Bottom of the list.

Yes I'm aware of how to build Workshops, what I'm saying is the custom ones don't show up in that list. That said though I do appreciate you trying to help

I'm able to view them and they were listed normally in recent YouTubes. Did you make any personal mods or copy and paste folders? Are you running DFHack?

If not, I recommend downloading the Starter Pack again and running with default settings. Let me know how it goes.

Huh, must be something on my end then. I haven't made any personal mods nor did I copy and paste folders. I'm also not running DFHack as I'm not terribly familiar with it and didn't think it was required. Should I be using it for this mod?

Also yeah I do see building_dark_ages.txt in the saved game raws folder. Even so I decided to try your suggestion at the end there and it seems to have worked.

Honestly I'm not sure what was causing the issue before. Only major changes I can think of that I did last time is changing the graphics pack and tweaking the number and number of types of monsters that spawn in the world when designing it with advanced parameters. This time around though I only changed the graphics pack and that didn't seem to affect it so I'm guessing adjusting the amount of monsters and the like that spawn might have affected it in some way as to make me unable to use the buildings.

Anyway, thank you for the help. I really enjoy this mod and now I look forward to finally being able to use the custom workshops

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Huh, must be something on my end then. I haven't made any personal mods nor did I copy and paste folders. I'm also not running DFHack as I'm not terribly familiar with it and didn't think it was required. Should I be using it for this mod?

Also yeah I do see building_dark_ages.txt in the saved game raws folder. Even so I decided to try your suggestion at the end there and it seems to have worked.

Honestly I'm not sure what was causing the issue before. Only major changes I can think of that I did last time is changing the graphics pack and tweaking the number and number of types of monsters that spawn in the world when designing it with advanced parameters. This time around though I only changed the graphics pack and that didn't seem to affect it so I'm guessing adjusting the amount of monsters and the like that spawn might have affected it in some way as to make me unable to use the buildings.

Anyway, thank you for the help. I really enjoy this mod and now I look forward to finally being able to use the custom workshops

By enjoying, I hope you mean scared.  :)

And nothing requires DFHack. It's recommended to turn DFHack off for generating worlds and saving if you use it.

I double checked everything I'm aware of that could account for W&M buildings going missing. I believe you, so if this never happened again it would be an actual mystery.

TheCowofEternalFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey so I think I figured out what was going on before.

For some reason in the RAWs in entity_default.txt the ENTITY:MOUNTAIN section (meaning the section with the RAWs for permitted buildings/reactions for the dwarves) seemingly changed or something so it ended up not having the custom workshops nor the reactions for said workshops being permitted.

I'm not sure why that document changed in such a way, but I just felt I should let you know I figured out why I wasn't able to use the custom buildings before while playing as the dwarves.

If I figure out what changed the document then I'll make sure to fill you in.

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you get the loot items from the major beasts?  For example according to the raws an ancient vampire should give you adamantine loot but I cannot figure out how to get it

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you get the loot items from the major beasts?  For example according to the raws an ancient vampire should give you adamantine loot but I cannot figure out how to get it

Hi, captinjoehenry. You killed an ancient vampire? But there was no loot drop?

1) How did you kill it?
2) Was there a corpse or drops whatsoever?

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) How did you kill it?
I killed it by punching in its head.  There was a mangled corpse left over but no loot drop.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

1) How did you kill it?

I killed it by punching in its head.  There was a mangled corpse left over but no loot drop.

I guess if it wasn't moving and it wasn't killing you, it probably was dead. 

You earned your Star of Rammok, so I'm sorry you didn't get one. I'm looking into this now. v37 should be released soon, but I will try to address this as soon as possible.

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what do you have in store for the new version?
This mod has become my favourite as of right now

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what do you have in store for the new version?
This mod has become my favourite as of right now

Hi, StevedaG. I'm still gathering the extent of new content for v37, but right now it looks like:
  • Creepy Cavern mod (Select)
  • Spellcraft mod (Select)
  • New Monstrous Civilization
  • New Graphic Tiles

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also I just killed a black dragon with a 2 handed sword and the only thing on the tile was it's corpse.  Does the loop drop spawn else where?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also I just killed a black dragon with a 2 handed sword and the only thing on the tile was it's corpse.  Does the loop drop spawn else where?

There is either an issue with the tag, or the loot tags being placed before the body tags doesn't work. If you feel like running a test, move the "GM-X loot package tags" to after all the body/attack tags, and see if you get a drop.

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope moving the reward code didn't help.  This time I killed a vampire lord
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 92