Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447912 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi DVNO, good point. Although Lizard people actually do carry the tag in Dark Ages. Unless it was vanilla lizardmen in that village. They do sometimes hang together.

I won't be waiting to release to DA:III [v37] for a stable 44.x, as it could still be months away. Tests are running smoothly in 43.05 with a large amount of new content. Since raws don't appear to have changed, it should be fairly easy to update to 44.x once Toady One has fixed the show stopping bugs.

Sneak Peak:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:20:47 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[⊕ϟDark Ages III: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05] [v37] Incoming!
« Reply #916 on: December 15, 2017, 06:35:48 pm »

I've now stabilized Medium Region Advanced World Parameters and Large Region Advanced World Parameters. World gen is running the smoothest to date in 43.05. I've reduced Kobolds & Goblins civs slightly to make room for the new Entities, including the Illithid.

I'm now going back over all bug reports in the past year, to ensure they are addressed in DA:III v37. Any last minute requests, let me know soon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

The animal men race might be missing the [UNDEAD_CANIDATE] tag. Why it's not the other way around with all creatures being reanimate-able by default unless they have a tag specifically excepting them, and why that tag is still only given to one race in vanilla I'll never understand.  :-\
UNDEAD_CANDIDATE might be a "legacy" token that doesn't do anything (don't quote me on that though). Whether a creature can be undead is controlled at a creature level, with the NOT_LIVING/CANNOT_UNDEAD tokens.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The animal men race might be missing the [UNDEAD_CANIDATE] tag. Why it's not the other way around with all creatures being reanimate-able by default unless they have a tag specifically excepting them, and why that tag is still only given to one race in vanilla I'll never understand.  :-\
UNDEAD_CANDIDATE might be a "legacy" token that doesn't do anything (don't quote me on that though). Whether a creature can be undead is controlled at a creature level, with the NOT_LIVING/CANNOT_UNDEAD tokens.

Thank you for chiming in Knight Otu. It doesn't appear the UNDEAD_CANDIDATE tag is required for an entity corpse to be animated.

As an experiment, I added it to most entities in v37 and I do believe there are more types of zombies in world generation now. Although, I've not carefully reviewed the previous populations of zombie types.

I've not played with the CANNOT_UNDEAD tag in a long time and not super clear about its effect.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ϟDark Ages III: War & Mythosϟ⊕] Vanilla + Survival Horror [43.05] [v37]
« Reply #919 on: December 25, 2017, 07:14:11 am »

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [43.05] [v37] [64-bit] has been released!

The original post has been updated with most of the v37 update info. now. More links will and details incoming. (Please note, this is for the old 43.05 version of DF only for now.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:23:55 pm by GM-X »

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05] [v37]
« Reply #920 on: December 28, 2017, 12:02:13 pm »

Well hey, an update! Thanks for your continuous work on this amazing mod!

A small bug report, again: All of the Illithid abilities are automatically self-targetted. Means that it's a suicide to even try to use them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:04:03 pm by The Big PowerBoss »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 28, 2017, 05:34:35 pm »

A small bug report, again: All of the Illithid abilities are automatically self-targetted. Means that it's a suicide to even try to use them.

Hi Big PowerBoss, thank you for reporting this. I will take a look and update to v37a in about 2.5 hours. Did you just jump right into playing an Illithid in Adventure mode?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 28, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »

Since 44.03 has been released, are you thinking of porting this mod up to it anytime soon?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [43.05] [v37a]
« Reply #923 on: December 28, 2017, 08:23:15 pm »

Looks like an older version of Illithid Raws slipped into the v37 release. This will take a bit longer to fix, but it should be uploaded shortly.

Since 44.03 has been released, are you thinking of porting this mod up to it anytime soon?

Hi SalmonGod. I'm keeping a close eye on the bug fixes Toady One is making. One bug in particular would cripple Dark Ages fun, namely one that causes Mega-beasts to freeze on the edge of the map. Initial tests of world generation after a new DF update are always crash-tastic. In contrast, v37a is the most stable version of Dark Ages released so far.

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [43.05] [v37a] [64-bit] has been released.

v37a was uploaded.  There were quite a few issues with Illithid that required attention. I get the feeling it will be a race that needs fine tuning but v37a should fix the self-targeting issue and several other important things, like muscularity. All Illithid require line of sight or physical contact to use mind powers now too.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:13:25 pm by GM-X »

The Big PowerBoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 29, 2017, 02:42:00 am »

Hi Big PowerBoss, thank you for reporting this. I will take a look and update to v37a in about 2.5 hours. Did you just jump right into playing an Illithid in Adventure mode?

Actually, yes, i was browsing trough available adventurer races and then saw an Illithid. By the way, are they supposed to start in a hostile enviroment? Do they even have allies?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:45:15 am by The Big PowerBoss »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #925 on: January 02, 2018, 06:17:07 pm »

Actually, yes, i was browsing trough available adventurer races and then saw an Illithid. By the way, are they supposed to start in a hostile enviroment? Do they even have allies?

Currently, Illithid do not have much of a surface world presence. I tagged/threw them into the Army of the Abyss entity group, but they rarely thrive for various reasons. Most are wild populations like Aboleth, infesting the caverns but not available as an adventurer spawning city.

This is a good reason to revive the Aboleth Madness entity group removed a while back... so I started tinkering with that for v37b.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:47:36 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.04] [v37a]
« Reply #926 on: January 11, 2018, 03:20:55 am »

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [44.04] [v37a] [64-bit] has been released.

World generation is stable - which is unusual this soon after a major update. Only the ASCII version has been uploaded tonight, because sleep has called. No other changes to v37a.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:34:15 am by GM-X »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.04] [v37a]
« Reply #927 on: January 12, 2018, 09:27:35 am »

I just wanted you to know that I'm still playing my old Dark Ages beach fortress.  Seeing the wizard trading caravan show up in summer and zap all of the zombie birds & crustaceans makes me grin :D

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:22 pm »

I just wanted you to know that I'm still playing my old Dark Ages beach fortress.  Seeing the wizard trading caravan show up in summer and zap all of the zombie birds & crustaceans makes me grin :D

Ohh you are playing in an evil biome. Very brave. How many years old is your beach fort?

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 12, 2018, 09:12:04 pm »

Anyone know what the preset "Oram Nalish" is? o:

Starting this mod up again <3 Played it a year or more ago and loved it to death. Havnt played DF in a long time either way. Its going to be great. Thank you so much man. Now if only therapist would update to 44.04..

edit:

https://imgur.com/a/7HuvM

found a great embark. only problem is its not evil ha. I did get high savage

So far iv got about 20 dwarves and no iron here despite multiple shallow and deep metals. which is par for the course tbh. goblinite it is. im hoping to get big seiges from at least one of the civs/towers
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:15:31 pm by flyteofheart »
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 91