Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452053 times)

alaskadawn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37b]
« Reply #945 on: January 21, 2018, 10:36:19 pm »

Changing the tileset is usually what overwrites the raws with LNP. It's advised to choose the tileset you want and then add the mod.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37b]
« Reply #946 on: January 22, 2018, 02:07:30 am »

I have just updated v37b to include the missing tags for world gen reproduction for Hags, Greater Blendecs, and Illithid. It should give them better chances. Illithid will probably end up laying eggs in the next update or two. 

About the partial entity tags. It was intended to give them addition features, but not to make them appear as civs during world gen. Also, in old versions it was necessary for all adventure classes to have entity raws.

Don't hesitate to report anything else you may come across that looks amiss.

Ah, great! I'll look into v37b immediately; my bad for not upgrading to it earlier. Also, thanks a lot for your patience and willingness to explain.  :)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37c]
« Reply #947 on: January 22, 2018, 02:52:02 am »

hi everyone, possibly stupid question here - are there any complications that would prevent me from using the ironhand tileset from the 43.05 pack for the 44.05 ascii version? or can i just copypaste and edit the init as appropriate?

e: or rather, can i get away with pasting the raws folder into a fresh 0.44.05 lnp?

Hi Kongor, Ironhand Dark Ages is now available for download. I meant to post it days ago.. 

I have just updated v37b to include the missing tags for world gen reproduction for Hags, Greater Blendecs, and Illithid. It should give them better chances. Illithid will probably end up laying eggs in the next update or two. 

About the partial entity tags. It was intended to give them addition features, but not to make them appear as civs during world gen. Also, in old versions it was necessary for all adventure classes to have entity raws.

Don't hesitate to report anything else you may come across that looks amiss.

Ah, great! I'll look into v37b immediately; my bad for not upgrading to it earlier. Also, thanks a lot for your patience and willingness to explain.  :)

I made the changes rapidly in response to your post, without updating the version designation. Unfortunately, it seems to have broken the delicate balance of power so I had to remove them. I will take another pass at fixing them again soon. 

To @GM-X, your latest update crashes on world gen for me. It crashes instantly after it places civs and starts to actually generate history. Sorry D:

Thank you for reporting this so quickly. I have removed the "hot fix" and called it v37c for clarity.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:26:01 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

kongor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 22, 2018, 08:14:24 am »

Hi Kongor, Ironhand Dark Ages is now available for download. I meant to post it days ago.. 
awesome, thanks a ton!

just making sure, is the ironhand pack something i can directly paste into a 44.05 lnp install?  i can't quite live without twbt and assorted dfhack scripts

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 22, 2018, 01:12:59 pm »

Hi!

I'm getting wrong tiles with the 37c Ironhand Dark Ages pack... Is it just me, is there something to do in order to make it work properly?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:18 pm »

Hi!

I'm getting wrong tiles with the 37c Ironhand Dark Ages pack... Is it just me, is there something to do in order to make it work properly?

It should just work. I only took a quick look before uploading it and seemed okay. What tiles look wrong? 

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 22, 2018, 01:22:36 pm »

Hi!

It should just work. I only took a quick look before uploading it and seemed okay. What tiles look wrong? 

Several unmined rocks look wrong: sandstone looks like a grate, orthoclase and microcline look like boxes, obsidian and gneiss look off too.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 22, 2018, 01:24:24 pm »

Hi!

Several unmined rocks look wrong: sandstone looks like a grate, orthoclase and microcline look like boxes, obsidian and gneiss look off too.

Okay. It's broken alright. I will have to upload a fix later this evening. Thank you for reporting this.

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 22, 2018, 01:25:06 pm »

Hi!

Okay. It's broken alright. I will have to upload a fix later this evening. Thank you for reporting this.

Thanks a lot for responding so fast! :)

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 22, 2018, 07:36:12 pm »

Rammok the red dragon class has a glitch that causes that type of class to only transform into a dragon once even with the delay, and be allowed to turn a creature around him into a dragon. please fix this character class.

my mistake, sorry for confusing you
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:19:48 pm by WonderPsycho »
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 22, 2018, 07:59:58 pm »

Are any of the vanilla files altered? I am just trying to figure out if this is compatible with any other small mods. Like "Revised" by Taffer that just tweaks small vanilla things.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37d]
« Reply #956 on: January 23, 2018, 04:18:02 am »

Although sleep has called, Ironhand should be fixed for real now. 

Rammok the red dragon class has a glitch that causes that type of class to only transform into a dragon once even with the delay, and be allowed to turn a creature around him into a dragon. please fix this character class.

Hi WonderPsycho. I didn't see anything that would cause only one transformation. I did adjust the dragon form transformation to last longer than the cool down period. As far as transforming others into a dragon, it was intentional that bite attacks spread the Weredragon curse. But I agree that it's not a great fit for this calss, so I removed it.

Are any of the vanilla files altered? I am just trying to figure out if this is compatible with any other small mods. Like "Revised" by Taffer that just tweaks small vanilla things.

Any mod that doesn't mess with biome populations should be fairly safe. Let me know how it goes.

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [44.05] [v37d] [64-bit] has been released.
  • Should fix Ironhand tileset
  • Red Dragon Adventure Class no longer spreads the Weredragon curse by biting
  • Minor tweaks to Red Dragon Adventure Class
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

vite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37d]
« Reply #957 on: January 23, 2018, 05:36:55 am »

How do I install different tilesets for the mod? Are copy-pasting data and raw folders of the mod enough to make it work.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 23, 2018, 08:43:46 am »

Although sleep has called, Ironhand should be fixed for real now. 

Hi WonderPsycho. I didn't see anything that would cause only one transformation. I did adjust the dragon form transformation to last longer than the cool down period. As far as transforming others into a dragon, it was intentional that bite attacks spread the Weredragon curse. But I agree that it's not a great fit for this calss, so I removed it.

Any mod that doesn't mess with biome populations should be fairly safe. Let me know how it goes.

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [44.05] [v37d] [64-bit] has been released.
  • Should fix Ironhand tileset
  • Red Dragon Adventure Class no longer spreads the Weredragon curse by biting
  • Minor tweaks to Red Dragon Adventure Class
no it wasn't because of the bite attack, it was the "transform into dragon" ability in the use power, create items, and other abilities list when you click "x"(as in you can't transform yourself into a dragon, but can choose another to transform into one.). i'm sorry for confusing you, also i rather have the weredragon curse back where you CAN spread it by biting (because it would make the class a lot more fun to play as, and also because i never knew that you can do that with that class.)the class, and i didn't want this to happen its just i didn't took the time to relax and type out specifically what was the problem, now since now i know that the red dragon class can spread the weredragon curse, and you removed it, i'm now angry at myself for confusing you, i didn't mean to say for you to get rid of the weredragon curse, i meant by the "transform into dragon" ability. this is one huge mistake. and i didn't want it to last longer, look its my fault, sometimes i just type super fast and just don't relax and type what was the real problem ok.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:17:35 pm by WonderPsycho »
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »

no it wasn't because of the bite attack, it was the "transform into dragon" ability in the use power, create items, and other abilities list when you click "x"(as in you can't transform yourself into a dragon, but can choose another to transform into one.). i'm sorry for confusing you, also i rather have the weredragon curse back where you CAN spread it by biting (because it would make the class a lot more fun to play as, and also because i never knew that you can do that with that class.)the class, and i didn't want this to happen its just i didn't took the time to relax and type out specifically what was the problem, now since now i know that the red dragon class can spread the weredragon curse, and you removed it, i'm now angry at myself for confusing you, i didn't mean to say for you to get rid of the weredragon curse, i meant by the "transform into dragon" ability. this is one huge mistake. and i didn't want it to last longer, look its my fault, sometimes i just type super fast and just don't relax and type what was the real problem ok.

Do not think twice about it. I thought you may have meant that but I didn't see the targeting issue when I looked at the raws. I will take a closer look again tonight. I plan to add the Weredragon curse back as a power the class can invoke at will, instead of automatically with every single bite attack.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:37:00 pm by Rammok »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 92