Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452097 times)

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37f]
« Reply #975 on: February 13, 2018, 07:50:43 am »

Haven't gotten the chance to play this mod yet, but it may be something with a stray Building Destroyer tag, having intelligent creatures that can actually roam friendly sites with that tag is just asking for trouble. I've seen it happen in another mod, peddlers and such just barging into the fort to wreck my trade depot because it was there and knocking chairs and tables over in the tavern because they weren't smart enough to realize they should be acting friendly. The tag's a bit buggy like that, it overrides everything.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37g]
« Reply #976 on: February 13, 2018, 06:26:02 pm »

Haven't gotten the chance to play this mod yet, but it may be something with a stray Building Destroyer tag, having intelligent creatures that can actually roam friendly sites with that tag is just asking for trouble. I've seen it happen in another mod, peddlers and such just barging into the fort to wreck my trade depot because it was there and knocking chairs and tables over in the tavern because they weren't smart enough to realize they should be acting friendly. The tag's a bit buggy like that, it overrides everything.

Hi DoktaYut, thank you for reporting this. I suspected something was up with that tag. Still wondering if the mischief is automatic or exasperated by being drunk. Either way, I've removed the tags from heroes.

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [44.05] [v37g] [64-bit] has been released.
  • Stops Legendary Dwarves and Heroes from toppling statues and archery targets in Fortress Mode.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:27:45 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.05] [v37g]
« Reply #977 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:11 pm »

Hi actually the sculpture garden is(was) right below the tavern - so its possible that its alcohol related too.

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 14, 2018, 06:13:13 am »

Greater Minotaurs - of whom i've had a few visitors -  compulsively assault my farm animals and also break down doors/trade depots. I've had to exterminate three of them so far.

They also don't enter the fortress but hang around outside the entrance instead

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 15, 2018, 12:32:01 pm »

Greater Minotaurs - of whom i've had a few visitors -  compulsively assault my farm animals and also break down doors/trade depots. I've had to exterminate three of them so far.

They also don't enter the fortress but hang around outside the entrance instead

Likely to be scouts from the Army of the Abyss. They can be visitors, but they can also form sieges against your fort.

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 22, 2018, 03:41:18 am »

Clerics also seem to be quite broken. I had some attack me in an ambush and they were constantly raising dead as ancestor spirits then fighting with those spirits. About 3 ancestor spirits engaged with my militia (mostly talented axe-dwarves with steel weapons and Armour) and butchered them all easily.

I think I will have to remove the ability from them to raise ancestor spirits if i want to continue playing this save.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #981 on: February 23, 2018, 12:17:09 am »

Clerics also seem to be quite broken. I had some attack me in an ambush and they were constantly raising dead as ancestor spirits then fighting with those spirits. About 3 ancestor spirits engaged with my militia (mostly talented axe-dwarves with steel weapons and Armour) and butchered them all easily.

I think I will have to remove the ability from them to raise ancestor spirits if i want to continue playing this save.

Clerics are not well tested as civilizations so I second that save edit. I will take a closer look at raising ancestor spirits though. Pets should get more love in v38+.

Zodex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 26, 2018, 05:20:37 am »

Is this compatible with Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 or should I wait for the next mod update?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 26, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »

Is this compatible with Dwarf Fortress 0.44.07 or should I wait for the next mod update?

Hi Zodex. I haven't pulled the trigger on the 44.07 update yet since Toady One is "out of office" until next month, but it should work fine.

-Even better actually, since 44.07 fixes sieges.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:57:10 pm by Rammok »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.08] [v37g]
« Reply #984 on: March 31, 2018, 03:50:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 04:50:36 pm by GM-X »

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats beautiful and all, but the worldgen is broken :(

I'm trying wanderlust right now, don't know where to search for errors, So I have placed the errorlog

it simply say "Impoverished Word Selector"

using DAIII War and Mythos [44.09][v37][Wanderlust]

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Thats beautiful and all, but the worldgen is broken :(

I'm trying wanderlust right now, don't know where to search for errors, So I have placed the errorlog

it simply say "Impoverished Word Selector"

using DAIII War and Mythos [44.09][v37][Wanderlust]

Hi Neothanos. Thank you for reporting this. It's required that you use Advanced World Parameters for DA:III. If you are, let me know which one. We are still in "pioneer territory" right now with Toady One making new releases rapidly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:05:39 pm by GM-X »

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was using the medium region in fact.

I successfully generated a world stopping the generation at year 380ish after a lot of tries, but at least, i now can play :D.

it seems to crash at random, so its something history related, i guess

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I was using the medium region in fact.

I successfully generated a world stopping the generation at year 380ish after a lot of tries, but at least, i now can play :D.

it seems to crash at random, so its something history related, i guess

This has been more clear in the past, but using named advanced world parameters is better for stability and content such as:

MED-FIRE&ICE-REGION-Y195

These include more or less ideal DA:III end years such as 195. Using other end years your mileage will vary. Large regions are usually more stable, but often get bogged down in events after 300-years or so due to hyper eventful world histories.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:38:55 pm by GM-X »

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't look like museums are not setup correctly in the most recent patch. I am unable to set them.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 92