Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447994 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

It doesn't look like museums are not setup correctly in the most recent patch. I am unable to set them.

Hi Kraiger, thank you for reporting this. I was unable to find any reason museum zones wouldn't work correctly. I haven't modded them and they appear to be hard coded. -Unless they key off vanilla display stands and you deployed a DA display stand?

I could technically remove the modded ones now..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:28:03 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi! returned to say thanks for the explanation.

When I read about "custom regions" I wrongly assumed all the advanced custom generators were "modded" and stable, so the only rule was "do not use the vanilla, non customized, worlds".

I will use the "named" advanced generator from now on, thanks again!  :)

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to generate a world with the advanced parameter presets, any of the medium ones anyway, it keeps retrying and get as far as "placing civilizations" and then restarts as its unable to place them all.  Thanks.

I have a nooby question as well:  I assume I can't just use a stock standard tileset right, it needs to be modded to work with your mod?  I sorta am used to using spacefox that's all.  What would happen if I use it?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi! returned to say thanks for the explanation.

When I read about "custom regions" I wrongly assumed all the advanced custom generators were "modded" and stable, so the only rule was "do not use the vanilla, non customized, worlds".

I will use the "named" advanced generator from now on, thanks again!  :)

All the advanced custom settings should work to some end date or another. I left the generic ones in for experimentation. Again, end years will always vary as the mod exasperates any vanilla world gen problems (Toady One is activity tracking a few now). As the DF new releases get more stable you will generally be able to make older worlds.

I, yeah, when I did the fix, I noticed that any destroyed world gen temple that then gets a relic attempt from an hf adherent to that religion attempting to gift an artifact would cause the crash (so hopefully this explains other world gen crashes.)  At that point I decided not to revert and investigate the details, since it would take some hours to run the gen several times.

I can't seem to generate a world with the advanced parameter presets, any of the medium ones anyway, it keeps retrying and get as far as "placing civilizations" and then restarts as its unable to place them all.  Thanks.

I have a nooby question as well:  I assume I can't just use a stock standard tileset right, it needs to be modded to work with your mod?  I sorta am used to using spacefox that's all.  What would happen if I use it?

Hi Garfink. Although it may generate 200+ rejected regions, I'm not having any trouble making stable worlds using the advanced world parameters such as:

MED-FIRE&ICE-REGION-Y195

All tilesets will work including Space Fox. Although, DA features a booster collection of Ironhand tiles which are currently only part of the old Start Pack.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:56:07 am by GM-X »

Neothanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi! Always me! :D Sorry to bother again

For... different reasons I now use Linux so i've lost everything. And I am a total noob in linux too.

Is there this modpack updated for this platform? I have searched and only find some older links.

edit: someone told me about wine. nevermind, it seems to work
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:09:08 pm by Neothanos »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi! Always me! :D Sorry to bother again

For... different reasons I now use Linux so i've lost everything. And I am a total noob in linux too.

Is there this modpack updated for this platform? I have searched and only find some older links.

edit: someone told me about wine. nevermind, it seems to work

Great. I'm glad to hear Wine is working. I will eventually post a raws only download.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet there is now a basic DA:III Wiki: http://www.adventrpg.com/WarandMythosWiki/Main_Page
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:37:28 am by GM-X »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any update on a raws only version? Would love to play this mod (again) on Linux.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [44.10] [v37g] [64-bit] has been released.
  • Update to DF [44.10]

DOWNLOAD [PC]: WANDERLUST V3 [44.10] (14MB)
DOWNLOAD [PC]: ASCII [44.10] (14MB)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick note that I'm playing DAIII under Linux. I've only just started, so there may be hiccups, but my steps to run have been:

- Download and unpack Linux LNP 0.44.10-r01
- Download and unpack Wanderlust V3 44.10 release of DAIII.
- Delete the `df_linux/raw` and `df_linux/data` directories in the LinuxLNP.
- Copy the these directories across from DAIII.
- Start Dwarf Fortress (without DFHack) by cd'ing to the df_linux directory and running the `./df` shell-script.
- Create a world using advanced parameters with the ORAM-NALISH-MED-PREGEN-WORLD-Y195 settings.
- Enjoy!

The fire & ice pregen crashes for me, But Oram/Nalish is working great!

Many thanks again for what looks like a spectacular mod!

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

tis me again! iv been playing this mod as promised in madagascar. finally finished my training and swore in as a peace corps volunteer last week.

now moved into my home for the next 2 years. unfort i have no electricity until i can get back into a big city in the next month or two and buy a solar panel. i have to pay someone to charge my stuff right now which is cumbersome.

dude i use the greater rhinoman adventurer every time now. it satiafys my hoarding tendancies. i managed to get every secret slab in my whole world a while back and then placed them in a fort. it was glorious. i also had hundreds of books and most of the worlds artifacts. took me so long but was so satisfying. this mod and the new artifact system make for great fun. thank you again

im waiting to download any new df updates until the stress system is worked out a little better. data is at a premium for me.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

popping in here to say that the interactions on some of the adventure mode stuff seem broken in a it only targets the adventurer and not others
it seems like the illithid spells are self targeted like you can't turn others into illithids so you end up just mind blasting your own character and transforming into a illithid again or an illithid like dragon who does have a working breathe attack. edit: oh this seems like a common issue with these cuttlefishfolk
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:28:47 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Trotskisaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably a noob question (forgive me if so) but is there any way to start as a dead civ? It doesn't make much difference practically but for immersion i'd love to start as the last remnants of a dwarf civilisation if possible. I'm pretty sure its a limit of vanilla dwarf fortress but the amount of times i've started a game with a civilisation that doesn't seem to have any sites on the mini-map only to find there is a random queen/fisherdwarf at another location.

I also edited some of the parameters of one of the advanced map options (I forget the name of it but it generates a 33x33 region, seems set up for DAIII) and notice then I always seem to end up as a 'legendary dwarf' civilisation, have I simply knocked the settings out a little by creating more evil areas? I am sure I used to generally be playing as non-legendary dwarves.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably a noob question (forgive me if so) but is there any way to start as a dead civ? It doesn't make much difference practically but for immersion i'd love to start as the last remnants of a dwarf civilisation if possible. I'm pretty sure its a limit of vanilla dwarf fortress but the amount of times i've started a game with a civilisation that doesn't seem to have any sites on the mini-map only to find there is a random queen/fisherdwarf at another location.

I also edited some of the parameters of one of the advanced map options (I forget the name of it but it generates a 33x33 region, seems set up for DAIII) and notice then I always seem to end up as a 'legendary dwarf' civilisation, have I simply knocked the settings out a little by creating more evil areas? I am sure I used to generally be playing as non-legendary dwarves.

im not OP but i can answer. you really should look into legendsviewer! after you generate a world, export legends mode and then load the file into legends viewer. you can look at all the civs. if there isnt a dying civ with only 1 member left, regen the world. itll list out that info nicely for you.

as far as legendary dorf starts, when you are chosing your embark location you can tab to a menu that lists "your civilization" and there will be some options there if multiple options exist in the world. itll be the civ names like "The Subtle Door" and if you look in legendsviewer, you can see if that civ is legendary dwarves or not. Select a regular dwarf civ to start from if fhats your thing.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Advanced World Gen and Things [44.10]
« Reply #1003 on: June 02, 2018, 10:35:36 pm »

Just a quick note that I'm playing DAIII under Linux. I've only just started, so there may be hiccups, but my steps to run have been:

- Download and unpack Linux LNP 0.44.10-r01
- Download and unpack Wanderlust V3 44.10 release of DAIII.
- Delete the `df_linux/raw` and `df_linux/data` directories in the LinuxLNP.
- Copy the these directories across from DAIII.
- Start Dwarf Fortress (without DFHack) by cd'ing to the df_linux directory and running the `./df` shell-script.
- Create a world using advanced parameters with the ORAM-NALISH-MED-PREGEN-WORLD-Y195 settings.
- Enjoy!

The fire & ice pregen crashes for me, But Oram/Nalish is working great!

Many thanks again for what looks like a spectacular mod!

Hi Urist McTeellox, thank you for this. Mileage will vary on advanced world parameters. Pre-gen worlds settings often stop working between versions too. I've not had much trouble generating worlds in 44.10 with most but I may need to fine tune things again after the 44.11+ update.

tis me again! iv been playing this mod as promised in madagascar. finally finished my training and swore in as a peace corps volunteer last week.

now moved into my home for the next 2 years. unfort i have no electricity until i can get back into a big city in the next month or two and buy a solar panel. i have to pay someone to charge my stuff right now which is cumbersome.

dude i use the greater rhinoman adventurer every time now. it satiafys my hoarding tendancies. i managed to get every secret slab in my whole world a while back and then placed them in a fort. it was glorious. i also had hundreds of books and most of the worlds artifacts. took me so long but was so satisfying. this mod and the new artifact system make for great fun. thank you again

im waiting to download any new df updates until the stress system is worked out a little better. data is at a premium for me.

Congratulations. Happy to hear you are alive and well! Ironic to play War & Mythos while joining the peace corps. I'd loove for you to write some stories about your greater rhinoman adventurer or even a quick guide to using them to raid artifacts. No pressure or rush.

popping in here to say that the interactions on some of the adventure mode stuff seem broken in a it only targets the adventurer and not others
it seems like the illithid spells are self targeted like you can't turn others into illithids so you end up just mind blasting your own character and transforming into a illithid again or an illithid like dragon who does have a working breathe attack. edit: oh this seems like a common issue with these cuttlefishfolk

Thank you for reporting this. I need to look into this further, because I thought I had fixed some of that.

Hi Trotskisaurus, a lot of this varies from world to world in my experience. If you adjust any of the advanced world parameters from default you may get more or less unbalanced civs and or crashing. Not sure if you were checking if you are starting as vanilla or legendary dwarves on the embark screen. 

You may find this YouTube video helpful in starting a world to your exact liking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwshTtC8fTY&index=2&t=0s&list=PLbGD7QQtiRBkMnpbz9U4SIwS1jxUmldvS
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:01:27 pm by GM-X »

Trotskisaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help managed to generate an excellent world using your presets so thankyou! Appreciate you and flyteofheart taking the time to reply; legendsviewer was really interesting, can't believe I didn't know about it!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 91