Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447930 times)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can gladly do a writeup. In about a week or two, I am going to finally have a solar panel at my house that I can charge my laptop off of. Right now im limited to my phone and my laptop getting charged once a week. Which doesnt last too long. After that, I will probably contribute a lot. I have a lottttt of free time due to how things work here.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages III: Greater Rhinoman Adventure Guide
« Reply #1006 on: June 09, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »

I can gladly do a writeup. In about a week or two, I am going to finally have a solar panel at my house that I can charge my laptop off of. Right now im limited to my phone and my laptop getting charged once a week. Which doesnt last too long. After that, I will probably contribute a lot. I have a lottttt of free time due to how things work here.

Great. I think you are doing some clever adventuring. Feel free to post it here and I will add/revise it to the Wiki:
http://www.adventrpg.com/WarandMythosWiki/Greater_Rhinoman_Adventure_Guide
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages III + Hill Dwarves
« Reply #1007 on: June 11, 2018, 04:11:26 pm »

06/08/2018: ...I finally had a well-behaved, seemingly not buggy, peaceful hill dwarf settlement appear outside my fortress! It was very satisfying to see it colored in on the new world map overlay, as an indication that the game overall is entering an entirely new realm of story potential, as sparse as they'll be at first. Around 50 dwarves moved in to the new site, and they named it Reignseals. Their newly elected mayor was Lokum Bridgedrove, a historical dwarf that had ten years earlier fought a harrowing battle with a werewombat. My fortress was on a one-tile mountain in the middle of a swamp; my new neighbors sensibly founded their site eight tiles away in the nearby grassland.

-Toady One

Sounds like the next release of DF will have a big impact on DA:III. Extremely excited for Hill Dwarves.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:15:10 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [44.12] [v37g] [64-bit] has been released.
  • Update to DF [44.12]
  • Ironhand Dark tileset download is back!

DOWNLOAD [PC]: Ironhand Dark [44.12] (16MB)
DOWNLOAD [PC]: WANDERLUST V3 [44.12] (14MB)
DOWNLOAD [PC]: ASCII [44.12] (14MB)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:47:36 am by GM-X »

Nooklie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

GM-X,
Thank you for your hard work on this mod. I know you did this for others too, but thank you again for making this f'ing awesome mod for me. Your the man.

P.S. Are you the same GM-x that did dire woods for unreal world?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:54:20 am by Nooklie »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

GM-X,
Thank you for your hard work on this mod. I know you did this for others too, but thank you again for making this f'ing awesome mod for me. Your the man.

P.S. Are you the same GM-x that did dire woods for unreal world?

Hi Nookie, thank you. That is correct. Are you using Dire Woods? Didn't think anyone knew about it..

Nooklie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Yup, I really hope more peeps were interested in it. Give you some motivation to add in those monsters you talked about. I do enjoy a little bit of fantasy in my games.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Yup, I really hope more peeps were interested in it. Give you some motivation to add in those monsters you talked about. I do enjoy a little bit of fantasy in my games.

I asked Sami how soon he would make modding animals a thing he told me: not anytime soon. Sadly, "dire looking" animals is as far as it can be taken for now in Unreal World.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been having problems with installing and using the IronHand mod:
   1.  There's no install instructions... which is usually found in most 'readme' files.  I tried moving the mod into the "MOD" folder for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02.  When starting PyLNP and attempting to use the _Install MODS_ option... a message reports "merge conflicts" and won't merge the files.
   2.  I copied the contents manually myself and the game works, but during world creation it rarely survives beyond year 100 without crashing to the desktop.  No errors in the MS Windows application or system logs plus no errors in the stdout.txt and stderr.txt files.
   3.  I also did a second download of the IronHand mod and the a second download of the PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02 pack, yet same results.   Also the file date for dwarf fortress.exe inside the IronHand mod is July9th and the same file inside PeridexisErrant's Starter 0.44.12-r02 pack is July16th.

Any advice?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Been having problems with installing and using the IronHand mod:
   1.  There's no install instructions... which is usually found in most 'readme' files.  I tried moving the mod into the "MOD" folder for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02.  When starting PyLNP and attempting to use the _Install MODS_ option... a message reports "merge conflicts" and won't merge the files.
   2.  I copied the contents manually myself and the game works, but during world creation it rarely survives beyond year 100 without crashing to the desktop.  No errors in the MS Windows application or system logs plus no errors in the stdout.txt and stderr.txt files.
   3.  I also did a second download of the IronHand mod and the a second download of the PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r02 pack, yet same results.   Also the file date for dwarf fortress.exe inside the IronHand mod is July9th and the same file inside PeridexisErrant's Starter 0.44.12-r02 pack is July16th.

Any advice?

Hi NTJedi, Ironhand and all the downloads of DA:III are standalone and include DF. You just need to unzip the download, and double-click on "Dwarf Fortress.exe". If you don't see it, your antivirus has likely removed it from your hard drive for having a "limited reputation."

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi NTJedi, Ironhand and all the downloads of DA:III are standalone and include DF. You just need to unzip the download, and double-click on "Dwarf Fortress.exe". If you don't see it, your antivirus has likely removed it from your hard drive for having a "limited reputation."
Interesting, but without PyLNP then there's lots of settings and utilities which I would not be able to use for the game.  I can eventually reach 150 years during world generation and once I embark the game runs perfect... so whatever few conflicts exist during world generation can probably be solved or tweaked to prevent the crash. 

A> Is there a reason why this mod was never made to be compatible with PyLNP??

B> Does anyone have the IronHand mod working safely with PyLNP??

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:19:47 pm by NTJedi »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting, but without PyLNP then there's lots of settings and utilities which I would not be able to use for the game.  I can eventually reach 150 years during world generation and once I embark the game runs perfect... so whatever few conflicts exist during world generation can probably be solved or tweaked to prevent the crash. 

A> Is there a reason why this mod was never made to be compatible with PyLNP??

B> Does anyone have the IronHand mod working safely with PyLNP??

Thanks in advance.

Typically I release a special PyLNP with the mod pre-installed.

Since Toady One is in a rapid release phase, there has been no move to do that just yet. The old version of the starter pack is still linked to in the original post. Once he is finished making rapid updates to 44.x (which breaks a lot of utilities) it will happen asap.

SpeardwarfErith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have two questions:

1. Why does this mod need to come with its own .exe? What exactly does that enable it to do that it wouldn't otherwise?

and 2. Does the blood helmet rebellion work with the current version?
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud: Hello Ago. Life is, in a word, death.
The swordsman Smoma Acaltekud stabs you in the lower body with his iron scimitar, tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the left kidney!
The iron scimitar has lodged firmly in the wound!

Battle Royale Mode: A DFHack Script

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this mod have any weapons do extra damage against specific types of creatures?   Such as sharp or pointed wooden weapons doing extreme damage against vampires to match a wooden stake thru the heart OR silver against were-type creatures to also match the legends in our history.  If this doesn't exist would this be something which could be added?

** Also the DFHack called   DwarfVet enabled  always crashes the game after the doctor finishes diagnosing the animal. **

** Game crash seems to only happen if the hospital and animal training zone are also setup as a Pen/Pasture for animals... might be bug in DFHack.**
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:45:37 am by NTJedi »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I have two questions:

1. Why does this mod need to come with its own .exe? What exactly does that enable it to do that it wouldn't otherwise?

and 2. Does the blood helmet rebellion work with the current version?

Hi SpeardwarfErith, it is easier for me to release it standalone for a number of reasons. Eventually I will release the Stater Pack again, and that does have many advantages for both me and players such as customized tilesets for the mod.

I have heard of mixed results with blood helmet rebellion going back to it's original release. I'm unaware of how functional it is in the 44.12 build. Your mileage may vary, but if you let me know what seems to the problem I will look into this further for you. 

Does this mod have any weapons do extra damage against specific types of creatures?   Such as sharp or pointed wooden weapons doing extreme damage against vampires to match a wooden stake thru the heart OR silver against were-type creatures to also match the legends in our history.  If this doesn't exist would this be something which could be added?

** Also the DFHack called   DwarfVet enabled  always crashes the game after the doctor finishes diagnosing the animal. **

** Game crash seems to only happen if the hospital and animal training zone are also setup as a Pen/Pasture for animals... might be bug in DFHack.**

Hi NTJedi. Yes, many night creatures and monsters are weak vs. silver. Other materials do various types of damage, such as lead which is the next most common material weakness.

Thank you for the DFHack info. DA:III is not tested to perform with DFHack, so any insights you can share about potential crashes are very welcome.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:43:11 am by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 91