Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447923 times)

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the DFHack info. DA:III is not tested to perform with DFHack, so any insights you can share about potential crashes are very welcome.

So far DFHack autodump and teleport have worked without any problem.  I use the autodump because dwarves seem to ignore most of the requests on dumping dead animals into the dump zone I created. Even when ten dwarves are listed with no job... 5 out of 7 dead animal bodies will be ignored.  I had to use the teleport because my dwarf was stuck in a tree and it was a tree without fruit, not sure how he got stuck.  The dwarfvet command works as long as the combined hospital zone and animal zone do not also include a pen/pasture zone when you have wounded pets.  Basically I only use DFHack when something logically should work yet does not work... such as healing animals, moving dead animals or a dwarf climbing down a tree.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Thank you for the DFHack info. DA:III is not tested to perform with DFHack, so any insights you can share about potential crashes are very welcome.

So far DFHack autodump and teleport have worked without any problem.  I use the autodump because dwarves seem to ignore most of the requests on dumping dead animals into the dump zone I created. Even when ten dwarves are listed with no job... 5 out of 7 dead animal bodies will be ignored.  I had to use the teleport because my dwarf was stuck in a tree and it was a tree without fruit, not sure how he got stuck.  The dwarfvet command works as long as the combined hospital zone and animal zone do not also include a pen/pasture zone when you have wounded pets.  Basically I only use DFHack when something logically should work yet does not work... such as healing animals, moving dead animals or a dwarf climbing down a tree.

Thank you again for this. I strongly suspect that DFHack will work the same as with vanilla for the type of stuff you are doing. The only known mod specific snag I've encountered: is world generation sometimes fails while DFHack is running. This may be avoidable as well.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When do enemy civilizations begin attacking?  I started in an area which listed three enemy civilizations, but so far no siege attacks after four years.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.12][Ironhand Dark]
« Reply #1023 on: September 02, 2018, 05:46:11 am »

When do enemy civilizations begin attacking?  I started in an area which listed three enemy civilizations, but so far no siege attacks after four years.

I'm aware of large sieges after year five. It can vary a lot depending on a number of factors. What is your population cap? Have you had ambushes? What are the three enemy civs and how numerous are they? Are they at war? Since 40.x player fort sieges have remained rather mysterious - including in vanilla.

Here is the best information I've found:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2rfjj8/biggest_siege_youve_seen_in_40x/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:16:23 am by GM-X »

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 02, 2018, 04:25:37 pm »

My current fort has 75 dwarves with a population cap of 110 and strict population cap of 140.  I started on year 210 and its now year 214.  So far I've only had to fight wild animals, wendigos and were_creatures.  No ambushes or sieges yet.  The Serpentmen(Serpentnakashic) have twelve locations populations ranging 100 to 300 and all about one day travel reporting 'peace'.  The Greater Minotaurs have seven locations with populations ranging 100 to 300 and all about two or three days travel reporting peace.  The Kobolds have six locations with population ranging 100 to 1000 and all about two or three days travel reporting peace.  There are many wizards and rogue civilizations near them as well so maybe they're just busy with them.  There's other different enemy civilizations on the map within reach as well, but they didn't appear when choosing Embark.  For example a dark goblin fortress with a population of 4000 and two days travel and instead of peace it's reporting "no contact".
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:27:10 pm by NTJedi »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1025 on: September 05, 2018, 05:01:33 am »

My current fort has 75 dwarves with a population cap of 110 and strict population cap of 140.  I started on year 210 and its now year 214.  So far I've only had to fight wild animals, wendigos and were_creatures.  No ambushes or sieges yet.  The Serpentmen(Serpentnakashic) have twelve locations populations ranging 100 to 300 and all about one day travel reporting 'peace'.  The Greater Minotaurs have seven locations with populations ranging 100 to 300 and all about two or three days travel reporting peace.  The Kobolds have six locations with population ranging 100 to 1000 and all about two or three days travel reporting peace.  There are many wizards and rogue civilizations near them as well so maybe they're just busy with them.  There's other different enemy civilizations on the map within reach as well, but they didn't appear when choosing Embark.  For example a dark goblin fortress with a population of 4000 and two days travel and instead of peace it's reporting "no contact".

Thank you for the details. Very odd that there are no ambushes by now. That could be a clue that the region is wrapped up in its own situations or that a nearby lair has monsters killing lots of units.  There are no technical reasons that would prevent ambushes or sieges that I'm aware of. What is the exported wealth of your fortress?

Srip121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 11, 2018, 09:12:36 pm »

Question, what is required to set up an arquebus squad? Moreover, how do you get them to reload?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1027 on: September 14, 2018, 07:28:17 am »

Question, what is required to set up an arquebus squad? Moreover, how do you get them to reload?

Hi Srip121, Dwarves should use the arquebus the same way they use crossbows. By creating a squad using the Archer uniform and ammunition. If that is not working, let me know what is happening and I will look into this further for you.

Srip121

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 15, 2018, 03:34:20 pm »

Well what ammo do they use? Because they pick up the arquebus but refuse to pick up the ammo? I have both loaded cartridges and bullets.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1029 on: September 15, 2018, 09:12:25 pm »

Well what ammo do they use? Because they pick up the arquebus but refuse to pick up the ammo? I have both loaded cartridges and bullets.

Thank you for reporting this. Dwarven bows are not working correctly either. I looked into it and ammo is missing from the raws, which means you would need to generate a new world to fix this.

You could modify entity_default and entity_dark_ages Dwarf/Legendary Dwarf raws as follows and generate a new world, if you feel like testing it. I know what would not be easy, but here you are:

Code: [Select]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CARTRIDGE]

This should work without adding arquebus to world generation or having Dwarves show up with them. Which is something I want to avoid.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 22, 2018, 05:39:30 am »

Is dfhack support coming ?
Can't live without Filter function in DF.

Also i can't seem to generate any world right now, every world that is generating crashes in few years.
I am using advanced world creation btw.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1031 on: September 22, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »

Is dfhack support coming ?
Can't live without Filter function in DF.

Also i can't seem to generate any world right now, every world that is generating crashes in few years.
I am using advanced world creation btw.

Hi Perkel, DFHack is not required by the mod - but it is reported to work fine for most functions. Are you attempting to use DFHack during world gen when it crashes? If so, try generating a world with it off.

If you are running into issues with any function in DFHack, let me know what exactly and I will look into it for you.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:09:32 am by GM-X »

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 02, 2018, 03:07:43 am »

Hello,  I'm having an issue where half the friendly visitors which arrive whether dwarf or humans begin destroying buildings.  It happens as soon as they arrive into my fort.  They are not having a tantrum since even after a year they only target random archery targets, memorial slabs or statues and not having an emotional breakdown since they always keep their clothes on.  How can this be fixed?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1033 on: October 03, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »

Hello,  I'm having an issue where half the friendly visitors which arrive whether dwarf or humans begin destroying buildings.  It happens as soon as they arrive into my fort.  They are not having a tantrum since even after a year they only target random archery targets, memorial slabs or statues and not having an emotional breakdown since they always keep their clothes on.  How can this be fixed?

Since humans are also affected, it probably means that the trouble makers are "mischievous" due to some type of curse. You might try to track a few down in Legends Viewer for clues as to what happened to them. Any bio/historic info about the trouble makers might be helpful.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 04, 2018, 03:20:49 am »

Since humans are also affected, it probably means that the trouble makers are "mischievous" due to some type of curse. You might try to track a few down in Legends Viewer for clues as to what happened to them. Any bio/historic info about the trouble makers might be helpful.

I'm not finding any signs of a curse... would be very rare for a destroy building curse to have cursed several people from two different legendary dwarven civilizations and a human civilization. 
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 91