Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447917 times)

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had no idea that would work. That sounds incredibly easy! Thank you kindly I'll try that later ;)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hey there! Any news on a launch pack for lazy people that can't figure out how to get soundsense, therapist, dfhack and phoebus working without succumbing to the ever encroaching madness DF brings naturally?

I'd love to give this mod a good whirl. Very keen on having more enemies to contend with (just like with masterwork, though it's tilesets are sadly wrong atm).

Anyway, not trying to put pressure on. Just inquiring if there's anything in the works on that front? Some way to bundle it with Peridexxiserrant's LNP or some such?

Cheers!
"You can copy and paste over the Dwarf Fortress game folder in the Start Pack with DA:III DF game folder for a quick and ugly way. Changing packs after doing so: will break the mod, so pick the pack you want first.".

I had no idea that would work. That sounds incredibly easy! Thank you kindly I'll try that later ;)

Sorry for the extra delayed DA:III Start Pack. The above should work. I'm in super deep programming LandofArxox.com right now, but I do keep meaning to upload a new Starter Pack. Gearing up to do so in the next few days or so..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:13:23 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh I didn't know you're working on a game! It says it's set in the third age... is that related to this here mod, dark ages III, or completely unrelated? I get some df vibes from it. Thanks for mentioning, looks like this game could be up my alley depending on the combat system ;)

And I'm looking forward to the starter pack, think I'll hold off those few days and just stick with my vanilla fort for a while longer! Thank you ;)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [v38][44.12] Starter Pack!
« Reply #1068 on: January 29, 2019, 01:07:39 am »

Huh I didn't know you're working on a game! It says it's set in the third age... is that related to this here mod, dark ages III, or completely unrelated? I get some df vibes from it. Thanks for mentioning, looks like this game could be up my alley depending on the combat system ;)

And I'm looking forward to the starter pack, think I'll hold off those few days and just stick with my vanilla fort for a while longer! Thank you ;)

Arxox will be my third Steam release, but it's the largest. Combat interaction is the #1 priority for Early Access. There are monstrous and mythos related things roaming the landscape...but not directly connected to DA:III mod. It will be possible for the world to end in-game - if enough time passes. 

[v38] DOWNLOAD [PC]: Starter Pack [W&M]: Dark Ages III [44.12-r05] (124MB)

Release Notes:
  • Starter Pack released!
  • DFHack is not required.
  • Large Advanced Worlds strongly recommended.
  • Advanced world parameters should be stable but less dense than ideal. Default end year 155 or later. Experiment with later end years.
  • Ancestral Spirits have been removed from the game (they were not working as intended).
  • Banshee no longer fly.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:31:51 am by GM-X »

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll keep an eye out for it. Hopefully following it on steam will let me know about early access availability. I love some complex systems and world simulation.

Thanks for the starter pack update! :)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

02/28/2019 Toady One: Nothing villainous to report on the dev log this week, as the bulk of my work time was spent preparing material for an upcoming Dwarf Fortress announcement. That'll happen in a few weeks! GDC is also coming up in the second half of March, so we'll be entering what will prove to be an unusual month, but we should still make some decent progress toward the villain release.

Apparently there will be a big Dwarf Fortress announcement made soon... That and the introduction of villains and corruption should make for an interesting Dark Ages [v39] update.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:28:04 pm by GM-X »

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to get past worldgen with this latest version. As soon as it gets a couple of years into generating the history it'll just crash. Tried with both pre-set advanced parameters and just standard medium/small worlds. I've tried with both the wanderlust download and again with the starterpack, same results.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I can't seem to get past worldgen with this latest version. As soon as it gets a couple of years into generating the history it'll just crash. Tried with both pre-set advanced parameters and just standard medium/small worlds. I've tried with both the wanderlust download and again with the starterpack, same results.

Hello again DarkerDark. Thank you for reporting this.

I'm troubled to hear this is happening because it likely means crashing is inconsistent on different PCs... [v38] was tested to be far more stable during world gen than [v37] with the latest DF build. On my PC anyway. Before it was uploaded, I generated a good number worlds to the end year of advanced parameters.

Can you try again on a different PC and let me know how it goes?

I generated and uploaded a fairly sparse Wanderlust 155-year old medium region for you tonight: [10MB] https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzs88mzsqkgvowq/region2019.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 02:23:24 am by GM-X »

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seem to be having tileset errors with the latest release. Reproducible by simply changing tileset to anything else and attempting to gen a world. Error is "Tileset not found" Not found: raw/graphics/bugs.png

Moving bugs.png from the tileset folder to the DF graphics folder fixes it.

Edit: Ironhand seems to be the only one working when I change tilesets without adding bugs.png to the folder

Thanks for the continued development of this mod!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:34:39 am by Thatotherguy23 »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Seem to be having tileset errors with the latest release. Reproducible by simply changing tileset to anything else and attempting to gen a world. Error is "Tileset not found" Not found: raw/graphics/bugs.png

Moving bugs.png from the tileset folder to the DF graphics folder fixes it.

Edit: Ironhand seems to be the only one working when I change tilesets without adding bugs.png to the folder

Thanks for the continued development of this mod!

Hi Thatotherguy23. Thank you for reporting this. I've just uploaded a fix without any version or name changes.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile

Really interested in trying out this mod.

I was just wondering: Is there a specific reason you recommend a large world size? I normally play on medium worlds to reduce save bloat. What would I be missing out on by generating a medium world instead (by editing the war & mythos param set to medium size)?

Thanks for making this, it looks like a really good bundle of !!FUN!!  :P

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I was just wondering: Is there a specific reason you recommend a large world size? I normally play on medium worlds to reduce save bloat. What would I be missing out on by generating a medium world instead (by editing the war & mythos param set to medium size)?

Hi Curious Key, due to the large number of civilizations in DA:III large worlds tend to be more stable during world gen. Also, they will contain the most secrets. Having said that, feel free to use the advanced medium world parameters included with the mod. 

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile

Hi Curious Key, due to the large number of civilizations in DA:III large worlds tend to be more stable during world gen. Also, they will contain the most secrets. Having said that, feel free to use the advanced medium world parameters included with the mod.

Ahh, so mainly it's just about secrets + civ populations? I can check for those in legends viewer/browser (can never remember which it is) before I commit so that's perfectly fine. Thanks for the advice!

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Vanilla + Horror] [v38a][44.12] Starter Pack
« Reply #1078 on: March 28, 2019, 09:29:27 pm »

Hello! first i wanna thank you for the mod! is freaking awesome!
but i have a problem, everytime I go on adventure mode and on specific character( onde of my retired adventurers to be more specific) DF crash right to the desktop, do you know any fix for that, or what could be causing that?
Also, there is any way that I can deactivate the magic that shot webs from all the classes on adventure mode? Because anytime that I get in the line of sight of any enchantres or any npc that has that magic, the npc starts to shots webs all over the place... and the npc is not even a enemy.
And i dont know if this is a bug or what, but not a single mage wants to travel with any of my adventurers :(

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Vanilla + Horror] [v38a][44.12] Starter Pack
« Reply #1079 on: March 29, 2019, 09:30:19 pm »

Hello! first i wanna thank you for the mod! is freaking awesome!
but i have a problem, everytime I go on adventure mode and on specific character( onde of my retired adventurers to be more specific) DF crash right to the desktop, do you know any fix for that, or what could be causing that?
Also, there is any way that I can deactivate the magic that shot webs from all the classes on adventure mode? Because anytime that I get in the line of sight of any enchantres or any npc that has that magic, the npc starts to shots webs all over the place... and the npc is not even a enemy.
And i dont know if this is a bug or what, but not a single mage wants to travel with any of my adventurers :(

Hi Korgoth, thank you.
  • Is this happening with DFHack turned off? Long standing issue with the Dark Ages mod, and I'm unclear how common it is: pulling adventurers out of retirement may instantly crash DF. I'm not aware of any workaround or if it affects only certain characters/races. 
  • Web is probably the most overused spell-like power in the mod. I need to get under the hood to reduce the frequency of it. Apart from that, mages should be the NPCs using it most often.
  • What races are you playing as? I will take a closer look at why mages might be refusing to join you.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:05:33 pm by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 91