Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 448000 times)

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Vanilla + Horror] [v38a][44.12] Starter Pack
« Reply #1080 on: April 06, 2019, 02:06:31 pm »

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay!
Indeed the DF hack on turned on every time i tried to go on adventure mode, than specific person, and clicked on one of my adventurers, and it just crash right to the desktop :(
First i played with a Gnoll, i imagined that mages dont like then, but my black bear man and my dwarf enchantress weren't able to get any mages to follow then either.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Vanilla + Horror] [v38b][44.12] Starter Pack
« Reply #1081 on: April 10, 2019, 02:43:17 am »

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay!
Indeed the DF hack on turned on every time i tried to go on adventure mode, than specific person, and clicked on one of my adventurers, and it just crash right to the desktop :(
First i played with a Gnoll, i imagined that mages dont like then, but my black bear man and my dwarf enchantress weren't able to get any mages to follow then either.

If you haven't yet, try to load the retired adventurer with DFHack turned off. Let me know how it goes. I've also updated Mages:

[v38b] DOWNLOAD [PC]: Starter Pack [W&M]: Dark Ages III [44.12-r05] (124MB)

Release Notes:
  • Starter Pack released!
  • DFHack is not required.
  • Large Advanced Worlds strongly recommended.
  • Advanced world parameters should be stable but less dense than ideal. Default end year 155 or later. Experiment with later end years.
  • Ancestral Spirits have been removed from the game (they were not working as intended).
  • Banshee no longer fly.
  • Fixes the missing "bugs.png" in the starter pack.
  • Updated Mages: should join you now, spam web slightly less, cast the Hasten spell.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:47:36 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Vanilla + Horror] [v38b][44.12] Starter Pack
« Reply #1082 on: April 11, 2019, 12:00:06 pm »

Thank you so much for your reply and patch!
Sorry if it seens that I'm only running into problems and for that reason giving you more work, but with this New patch I'm not been able to generate a world, it os always getting reject, even with a low savagery, a large, medium or Small world. When it doesnt get reject, It crashs to the desktop :( this ia happening with DF hack
turned on and off.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1083 on: April 12, 2019, 02:44:26 am »

Thank you so much for your reply and patch!
Sorry if it seens that I'm only running into problems and for that reason giving you more work, but with this New patch I'm not been able to generate a world, it os always getting reject, even with a low savagery, a large, medium or Small world. When it doesnt get reject, It crashs to the desktop :( this ia happening with DF hack
turned on and off.

Sorry about the trouble Korgoth. Only the Dark Ages III "advanced world parameters" are tested to perform correctly. Vanilla settings may or may not work. I was able to generate several worlds just now without errors or crashing. If you still have trouble using these settings, please let me know.

Here is a Wanderlust 155-year old medium region I uploaded for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngkretvobh86fta/regionv38b.zip?dl=0

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 14, 2019, 10:15:08 am »

Please, you dont need to apologise! You're givin me entertainment in a mod that the way i look at it, it is a mod with a lot effort and love on it and a love it!
Thank you for all the replys! I don't know what is happening but even on the presets of advanced parameters for world generation, my world just keep getting rejected.
giving me the report that is having trouble placing enough civilizations

update: I donwloaded the patch again and now is working! thank you! s2
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:01:54 pm by Korgoth »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1085 on: April 24, 2019, 01:36:57 pm »

Please, you dont need to apologise! You're givin me entertainment in a mod that the way i look at it, it is a mod with a lot effort and love on it and a love it!
Thank you for all the replys! I don't know what is happening but even on the presets of advanced parameters for world generation, my world just keep getting rejected.
giving me the report that is having trouble placing enough civilizations

update: I donwloaded the patch again and now is working! thank you! s2

Thank you for letting me know about this. There seems to be some kind of intermittent issue in vanilla DF + mod that is causing some instability during world generation - depending on your PC and apparently PC settings. This may have something to do with the way vanilla DF generates seeds? One other person reported something similar, and there is no other good explanation for what happened in your case. I made only very minor changes to the mod in version v38b.

04/19/2019 Toady One: I've finished the final non-supernatural plots for villains to employ now. As stated last month just before all the excitement, these are corrupt imprisonment, framing, snatching, sabotage and directing wars to their enemies. They also include intentionally corrupting the government of an enemy (rather than targeting based on location or current assets.) The most complicated plot here was snatching, as it involves the new hideouts and also the disposition of the hostage afterward. They can obtain a ransom (depending on the position and family of the hostage), imprison the hostage for a period, or just murder them if they run out of ideas. If the villain holds a particularly strong grudge and is vengeful and cruel, they might torture and/or sell the hostage (depending on their values and which civilizations are around). So, that's kind of bleak. One bright side is that personal prisoners have a chance to escape now (it is harder to escape from towers, especially those with dungeons), including those taken by night trolls.

Considering the frequency of snatching taking place in DA:III, this ^ will be massive. For the record, a new release of DA:III will also be coming to Steam. This will make updating a much more seamless process going forward.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:40:04 pm by GM-X »

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Vanilla + Horror] [v38b][44.12] [Steam]
« Reply #1086 on: May 04, 2019, 05:39:04 am »

Few questions:

1. How can I learn magic as human (not wizard), is there any long term difference between those two races?
2. I've heard i learn magic by reading "slabs" - what are those? Where they could be found?
3. What start governs magic, anything affects spells? Is there any sort of mana?
3. Can I use other tiles than ironhand?
4. Can I build buildings in adventure mode that "do something" like workshops?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1087 on: May 10, 2019, 02:11:17 pm »

1. How can I learn magic as human (not wizard), is there any long term difference between those two races?
2. I've heard i learn magic by reading "slabs" - what are those? Where they could be found?
3. What start governs magic, anything affects spells? Is there any sort of mana?
4. Can I use other tiles than ironhand?
5. Can I build buildings in adventure mode that "do something" like workshops?

Hi Pietrko, sorry for the slow reply I'm swamped in game development currently. 

1. Highly recommend playing Wizards, they are basically sturdy humans with a collection of spells.
2. Here is a Youtube that shows how to obtain spell-like powers from a temple: Getting Cursed
3. Cool down is the only thing that governs magic currently. Most spells can be resisted and more easily resisted by larger creatures.
4. Yes you can, in fact all the unique "Ironhand Dark" tiles are added to the other tilesets.
5. You can build lots of things in vanilla DF now, and additional things in DA:III like Arquebus and unlimited cartridge rounds out of thin air. As long as you have an ax. Ideally, you would create a fort that could supply your adventures with more resources.

05/08/2019 Toady One: Necromancers are having fun. I've added a bit more information to the necromancer towers, allowing the zombies to build them up a bit to increase a site zombie cap. If the necromancer is at their zombie cap, they can still raise more zombies, but they are added to a wilderness population instead. The wilderness population can still be used for invasions, but they are also able to roam on to player forts in the region and also encounter adventurers. Such regions become evil slowly, emanating outward visibly from the tower tile by tile. Necromancers can infiltrate site graves and catacombs to sneak out some zombies, before they are ready to attack (in the currently released version, they only raid old battlefields.) Necromancers captured during such risky infiltrations are generally executed.

Once the necromancer is feeling powerful enough, they attack the outlying villages of a market town and if the snowball gets big enough, the market town as well, all in the same invasion during a given year. So far, this has caused some minor pain, but hasn't ever turned into a world-ending cascade, as history is usually too messy for that (sudden dragon attacks, opportunistic goblin attacks, etc.) But I'm still planning on adding alliances, as the necromancers will only get better at seeing through their new ambitions as I do a few tweaks to make them more effective.

For instance, in order to handle some of the logistics of taking over the world, necromancers can now raise a new type of intelligent undead from historical graves and battlefields. These currently have silly names like hollow haunt and doomed zombie and so forth. They are under the control of the necromancer, but can retain much of their old identity. (There are bugs to wrangle - sometimes they take off and join performance troupes.) I'm also currently letting the necromancer use them as assets during villainous schemes, though I should grapple a bit with what that means in terms of, like, their intimidation rolls and how they get reported to the authorities.

This ^ is a big deal for DA:III as it contains dozens of necro/tower types. It will likely take weeks or months to make v39 fully compatible with the upcoming Steam release of Dwarf Fortress. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:51:02 pm by GM-X »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 10, 2019, 06:00:09 pm »

Villains release. Steam isn't coming for a while

--edit
Sorry for pointless comment. I wrote a lot, edited it, checked some stuff, edited more and all that's was left was the above. Um, great mod, love it!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:04:49 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1089 on: May 21, 2019, 02:13:18 am »

Villains release. Steam isn't coming for a while

--edit
Sorry for pointless comment. I wrote a lot, edited it, checked some stuff, edited more and all that's was left was the above. Um, great mod, love it!

Hi Shonai_Dweller, I assume Steam will get the latest greatest version of DF with extras. As soon as humanly possible. Although, I'm unclear about the villains release vs. magic build though. Hopefully, Toady One will chime in further about this!

05/15/2019 Toady One In preparation for alliances, I searched for a world with a formidable necromancer. I didn't find one initially, as it took quite a bit of tweaking to get them to take off properly. During this process, I found a random intelligent undead, a gorlak night shade, that was taken captive during a human counterattack, enslaved, and made to milk cows for some years. The citizens eventually became bothered that the creature did not age, then suspicious, then hostile... I suppose that's fair, as the curse doesn't currently change their appearance from the one they had in life, but still, it was leading a zombie army. In any case, the night shade escaped their wrath, and returned to its tower, where it died (again) defending against another necromancer's attack.

Eventually, as I made changes, the necromancers started conquering larger swaths of land more often, as intended (pre-alliance.) The elves had to conquer an entire mountain range filled with zombies that used to be a dwarven civilization of thirty or so sites. Their first attack on a zombie fort failed, but most of the zombies were put down then, and the elves eventually cleared out the halls. In other cases, the initial counter-attack started trouble for the world. The dwarves took a necromancer tower that had attacked their hillocks, and they took the necromancer's forbidden death-god slab as a prize to one of their fortresses, where the local historians started reading it and corrupting themselves. I also gave necromancers and vampires the ability to use their secrets and their blood respectively to entice people to join their villainous schemes. Grateful and dutiful villains actually carry through and share their power when an asset proves themselves useful, but others never fulfill their promise.

At last, I found a great world for testing alliances. A necromancer took over an entire elf civilization, choosing their battles well enough that the elves never mounted an effective counter-attack (though there was a bit of luck involved there too, I'm sure), after which they were pretty much unstoppable. The whole time, the neighboring humans and dwarves stood by, because there are no alliances yet, but they could have easily stopped the undead...

"I also gave necromancers and vampires the ability to use their secrets and their blood respectively to entice people to join their villainous schemes." —Got a tingly feeling when I read this part.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 21, 2019, 10:38:27 pm »

Toady gave a timeline during one of those Q&As he did after the announcement. It's Villains (all this necromancy stuff, plus mercs, Adventurer parties and people being villaneous), then Villains bug fixes (hopefully not forgetting stress issues), then UI and graphics support development ready for the Steam release. Then either Big Wait (Myth & Magic dev) or Armies and Improved Sieges followed by Big Wait.

Hope we'll hear more about the impact on mods like this one that the zombie apocalypse will bring by the end of the month. Should be enough time after release to make changes by the time Steam turns up in the next year or so.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

05/29/2019 Toady One ...we'll be doing adventure mode investigations and adventurers-as-villains, as well as finishing some items we left for parties and realizing some maps and things from world generation...

Super looking forward to this. Investigations and adventurer villains will open a wide range of possibilities in DA:III. Exciting that so many features in the coming builds will "activate" content already in the mod.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:42:22 am by GM-X »

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just found the mod, gotta say its really cool. Playing as a red dragon, bit confused though. Probably a dumb question but do Red Dragons have natural weaponry (fangs, claws) in humanoid form? Also, are they supposed to have vampiric thirst, because when I go to my status screen it shows hungry and thirst but never increases over time, and the red thirst does show up and I can drink blood from people. Tested this with a freshly made red dragon too and they also thirst for blood. Just a bit worried that they count as vampires and I cant increase my strength, agility or toughness.

Also, dont know if its mentioned but whenever I try to make a helve from a branch, I instead keep making random objects. First it was scroll rollers, but now its a nesting box and a bookcase? Not sure if its a bug from the mod or if the game itself is glitching out. Its so I can make a stone axe to fell trees and try out the rest of the crafting, is there a way to make an axe another way?

Edit: Saw someone else mentioned the helve issue, tried the fix and remade world, worked. All good, my bad.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:29:12 pm by Deebs »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Just found the mod, gotta say its really cool. Playing as a red dragon, bit confused though. Probably a dumb question but do Red Dragons have natural weaponry (fangs, claws) in humanoid form? Also, are they supposed to have vampiric thirst, because when I go to my status screen it shows hungry and thirst but never increases over time, and the red thirst does show up and I can drink blood from people. Tested this with a freshly made red dragon too and they also thirst for blood. Just a bit worried that they count as vampires and I cant increase my strength, agility or toughness.

Also, dont know if its mentioned but whenever I try to make a helve from a branch, I instead keep making random objects. First it was scroll rollers, but now its a nesting box and a bookcase? Not sure if its a bug from the mod or if the game itself is glitching out. Its so I can make a stone axe to fell trees and try out the rest of the crafting, is there a way to make an axe another way?

Edit: Saw someone else mentioned the helve issue, tried the fix and remade world, worked. All good, my bad.

Hello Deebs, thank you for the report. I've just uploaded (yet another) fix to resolve the missing helve issue. Turns out, it was only fixed in the Wanderlust version. :-\ Anyone who downloads it now will get the fix in the Start Pack and Ironhand Dark.

As far as Red Dragon adventures go, yes it is considered a vampire-like curse due to the blood sucking tag. As I recall this is an extension of it being a were-curse in worldgen and fortress mode. May want to remove that tag before starting a new toon. I likely will in the next content update.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:49:42 am by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

07/10/2019 Toady One I finished up the basic features with pets and mounts. You can set the mount speed (which lets you see their gaits, like gallop, canter, trot, etc.), and party members will speed up to try to catch up with you. Of course, that doesn't mean anything if they don't use their own mounts, so they do that now. They will move to mount their own mountable pets after you do, and they will dismount when you dismount, if there isn't an ongoing combat or something like that drawing their immediate attention.

I also made sure that necromancer adventurers can ride undead mounts that they raise. This was flumoxed at first since the undead creatures don't have souls and so weren't taking the commands properly, but that's fixed now, though the nature of undead animation magic is still not pinned down (and won't be until much later.)...

There are tons of large exotic pets in DA:III so the addition of mounts both living and undead is extremely exciting. Hopefully flying will get some love next.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:32:44 pm by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 91