Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447913 times)

Fireborn37

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

lizardmen but that was only when i was playing them in adventure mode otherwise it just shows a letter. I have tried re downloading and moving my saves but it doesn't seem to work

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

lizardmen but that was only when i was playing them in adventure mode otherwise it just shows a letter. I have tried re downloading and moving my saves but it doesn't seem to work

Thank you for reporting this. v38d is released:
  • Adds the intelligent tag to Greenmen
  • Fixes a tileset issue which prevented Lizard People, Hags, and many other creatures from correctly displaying tiles.

DOWNLOAD [PC]: Starter Pack [W&M]: Dark Ages III [44.12-r05] (124MB)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:12:17 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

07/25/2019 Toady One I began work on the in-play maps of new locations, the last major bit to do before all the villainy comes to play. The new evil regions were first, making sure the ones that spread out from necromantic activity properly killed plants and so forth. Working on this led to a number of changes. Evil that spread now fades away over many years if there's no new activity in the region. The primordial evil areas don't fade. Certain demons can now spread evil from their towers (or disaster forts), and the properties of the evil areas are related to the spheres of the demon. That is, a blight demon might kill vegetation, while a deformity demon can spread evil creature populations and wormy eyeball grass and so forth. This was a natural segue into restricting bogeymen to certain primordial evil regions and to nightmare demons, which puts an end to that little years-long experiment in annoying people. To compensate, bogeymen have been given some new powers, but they are way more rare overall.

Another massive leap forward to DA:III. Dark Ages will function in much more organic ways and players will be able to ebb the flow of evil in various lands. Very exciting developments for Dwarf Fortress.  :D

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Dwarf Fortress Horror] [v38d] [44.12] [Newb Pack]
« Reply #1113 on: September 10, 2019, 08:32:13 am »

08/21/2019 Toady One We started by writing up the adventure log 'intrigue' tab where most evidence will be stored. This is divided into actors, organizations and plots. The organization view comes complete with graph visualizations showing names and roles and associations, like those string conspiracy boards, and you'll be able to watch your view of a given organization fill in over time as you collect information, interview witnesses, and interrogate suspects.

The new info screen has highlighted several defects in the plots and villainous behavior. We'll have to do some additional work to get more organizations merged or at least linked (there are too many isolated failed organizations with one person bossing one other person around for decades), and to make sure that more of the lower level members have their fingers in some evidence-creating cookie jar. Currently, too many of the low-level people try one gig and otherwise sit quiet for years. Our planned solution is to use the existing criminal organizations and bandit gangs; we put that off previously, but it'll have to be done now in some abridged fashion that addresses these issues. At the same time, it was really cool to see a 25 member gang all laid out, from the leader hidden in an abandoned monastery, to their lieutenant goblin childhood friend that actually did all the organizing, to the low-level members, to various thieves and snatchers they'd hired for jobs down at the leaves, along with one embezzler and a highly-placed asset connected to the tree through their handler.

More exciting news about villainy that will have a profound impact on DA:III.

carlospaul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. Are there any attributes that affect spell casting?

2. Are hexes permanent when you cast one on someone?

3. As a shadowmancer, how do you switch back from shadowman form?

4. Where can you learn new spells?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

1. Are there any attributes that affect spell casting?

2. Are hexes permanent when you cast one on someone?

3. As a shadowmancer, how do you switch back from shadowman form?

4. Where can you learn new spells?

1. Mainly physical body parts, depending on the spell.
2. Hexes are not perma.
3. Shadowmancers revert after a set period of time, and cannot do so at will. I think in Adventure Mode it is about 1-day.
4. Books! Necro towers, and getting cursed at temples.

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile

Hello, I've been really interested in trying out Dark Ages III: War & Mythos for Adventure Mode—pretty much the only mode I play in Dwarf Fortress, and I've been curious about two things:

• Does Dark Ages III: War & Mythos feature Spellcrafts? I downloaded and merged Spellscrafts' files where we're instructed to place them, and I noticed that there were two duplicate entries for 'Wizard' where I could create my Adventurer.
  • Do I have to use one of the '_DA' graphic tilesets to see any new entities added by Dark Ages III, or am I able to install and use any other graphic tilesets with Dark Ages III: War & Mythos such as Vettlingr's?

I wanted to add that I would greatly be in favor of a wiki, since I noticed that you mentioned being willing to open and fill out one whenever you have time if there was more people in favor of it, because I usually have to return to this thread to seek out information about something in Dark Ages III: War & Mythos that I do not know about to no avail the majority of the time. I found the link to what I think is your wiki within this thread, but it does not seem to be functional anymore.

If you discontinued support for the wiki, I really would appreciate its return since there are people like myself who are clueless about the contents of this mod that could use some guidance that the official wiki nor this mod's website does not provide. (I enjoyed reading the races' lore from the the mod's website by the way.)

(E: Added the above text below the list.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 02:36:19 am by Fi »

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Dwarf Fortress Horror] [v38d] [44.12] [Newb Pack]
« Reply #1117 on: November 14, 2019, 05:03:43 am »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw that this is now up for 44.12! I'm totally going to be playing this mod (love it, been following it for ages) ASAP. Expect me to live-stream it, and probably run my fort into the ground again :D

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Dwarf Fortress Horror] [v38d] [44.12] [Newb Pack]
« Reply #1118 on: November 22, 2019, 12:12:25 am »

Hello, I've been really interested in trying out Dark Ages III: War & Mythos for Adventure Mode—pretty much the only mode I play in Dwarf Fortress, and I've been curious about two things:
  • Does Dark Ages III: War & Mythos feature Spellcrafts? I downloaded and merged Spellscrafts' files where we're instructed to place them, and I noticed that there were two duplicate entries for 'Wizard' where I could create my Adventurer.
  • Do I have to use one of the '_DA' graphic tilesets to see any new entities added by Dark Ages III, or am I able to install and use any other graphic tilesets with Dark Ages III: War & Mythos such as Vettlingr's?

I wanted to add that I would greatly be in favor of a wiki, since I noticed that you mentioned being willing to open and fill out one whenever you have time if there was more people in favor of it, because I usually have to return to this thread to seek out information about something in Dark Ages III: War & Mythos that I do not know about to no avail the majority of the time. I found the link to what I think is your wiki within this thread, but it does not seem to be functional anymore.

If you discontinued support for the wiki, I really would appreciate its return since there are people like myself who are clueless about the contents of this mod that could use some guidance that the official wiki nor this mod's website does not provide. (I enjoyed reading the races' lore from the the mod's website by the way.)

(E: Added the above text below the list.)

Hi Fi, I'm very sorry for the delayed reply. Life has recently thrown a strong curve ball my way.

1] If you mod DA:III you will get unexpected results including unstable world gen. You can change the name of any wizards in that mod as the low hanging fruit, but I cannot support mixing mods.
2] Thank you for mentioning Vettlingr. This is the first I've heard of it. I'm willing to release a Vettlingr_DA tileset that works as smoothly as possible for v39. if Vettlingr gives permission to do so.

Sadly, the wiki mysteriously vanished. I was fleshing it out randomly in my spare time and never backing it up. Then, my web server was changed and hope of recovering it was lost.

The dream? I had planned to release a full blown Dark Ages guidebook with as much detail and lore as possible. With DF moving to Steam and the release of DA:IV on Steam, it makes sense to wait until all the giant additions are running smoothly. -Especially the necromancer changes.   

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw that this is now up for 44.12! I'm totally going to be playing this mod (love it, been following it for ages) ASAP. Expect me to live-stream it, and probably run my fort into the ground again :D

Good. Feel free to share a link to any live stream. Always enjoy watching players deeply afraid..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:14:52 am by GM-X »

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 22, 2019, 04:59:50 am »

Hi Fi, I'm very sorry for the delayed reply. Life has recently thrown a strong curve ball my way.

1] If you mod DA:III you will get unexpected results including unstable world gen. You can change the name of any wizards in that mod as the low hanging fruit, but I cannot support mixing mods.
2] Thank you for mentioning Vettlingr. This is the first I've heard of it. I'm willing to release a Vettlingr_DA tileset that works as smoothly as possible for v39. if Vettlingr gives permission to do so.

Sadly, the wiki mysteriously vanished. I was fleshing it out randomly in my spare time and never backing it up. Then, my web server was changed and hope of recovering it was lost.

The dream? I had planned to release a full blown Dark Ages guidebook with as much detail and lore as possible. With DF moving to Steam and the release of DA:IV on Steam, it makes sense to wait until all the giant additions are running smoothly. -Especially the necromancer changes.   

No problem at all, and thank you for sparing your time to get back to me! I understand that everyone has a life looming over their shoulders for the better or worse, so please do take your time with your responses and any projects you are working on to keep unneeded stress out of your head. ❦
  • I figured that would be the case, and I reinstalled Dark Ages III: War & Mythos before I generated a world. There seems to be enough interesting magic and races in the game to not need Spellcrafts.
  • His tileset is absolutely amazing—my absolute favorite tileset that makes me not even want to try my other favorite tilesets, and I am very delighted that you expressed interest in making it compatible with your vast mod. I do not know if you have already asked him for his permission, but I asked him for you as soon as I glanced over that sentence.
That is highly unfortunate and reminds me of the many times my phone died, power surges happened, or my computer and the programs themselves crashed before I could finish typing important documents or messages, so I hope the loss of your time and work did not cause you too much stress.

Hm, it is a good idea to put Dark Ages' guidebook on hold to wait until the release of Dwarf Fortress on Steam since so much content featured in the latest 'Future of the Fortress' is coming during and after that release, which may affect Dark Ages in many ways, so I will try to handle as much of the unknown as I can until Dwarf Fortress releases on Steam with the release of Dark Ages: IV following behind it. (Is Dark Ages: IV a major update to Dark Ages: III?)

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2019, 07:02:18 am »

Hello again, GM-X,

This is an incredibly minor issue that most certainly can wait, but I wanted to let you know that the Silver Dragon does not have the '[CAN_SPEAK]' token despite the dragon's flavor text mentioning that it can speak.

Also, while I think I managed to do a good job of implementing it myself, would you consider allowing certain dragons I will explain below to climb through grasping with their front feet—perhaps their tails as well for other purposes—by creating a new body for them within 'body_default.txt' that is a replication of '[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK]'—I think '[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP]' already has similar '[GRASP]' tokens—with the appropriate '[GRASP]' tokens? Something like this...

Code: (New Body & Body Part Entries for Dragons) [Select]
[BODY:DRAGON]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:NK:neck:STP][CON:UB][CATEGORY:NECK]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:NK][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RA:right front leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:900]
[BP:LA:left front leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[BP:RH:right front foot:right front feet][CON:RA][STANCE][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LH:left front foot:left front feet][CON:LA][STANCE][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[BP:RL:right rear leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_REAR]
[BP:LL:left rear leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_REAR]
[BP:RF:right rear foot:right rear feet][CON:RL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]
[BP:LF:left rear foot:left rear feet][CON:LL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]

...and this for 'creature_da_dragons.txt', 'creature_myth_beast_chasm.txt', 'creature_next_underground.txt', and 'creature_standard.txt' files...

Code: (Altered [BODY:?:?:?: for Dragons) [Select]
[BODY:DRAGON:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]

The reason why I asked is because I managed to get myself stuck in a Shrine of Holes which literally has a large hole at the bottom filled with water—bless what seems like the dragons ability to innately swim in water with a depth of seven—after utilizing a curse I received to turn into a Vampiric Dragon to defend myself and my companions, and I learned through this experience that dragons in Dwarf Fortress are flightless creatures due to being either Drakes, Lung Dragons, or Lindwurms with wings incapable of flight due to adaptation (the mentioning of the wings is about the Cave Dragon) and that dragons are unable to climb. I can understand the dragons being flightless since subspecies of dragons exist in fiction, but it made little sense to me that dragons could not climb when that is something that they do all the time in other works of fiction.

Since they cannot devour sentient beings as Adventurers, cannot butcher corpses, and cannot open doors even though '[BUILDINGDESTROYER:#]' could have been a silly way to circumvent that inability if it worked for the Adventurer, would bestowing the unique dragons from Dark Ages with the '[INTELLIGENT]' token with the '[EQUIPS]' and '[CANOPENDOORS]' tokens cause balance issues? I decided to give the dragons with the former token those two latter tokens since it makes sense for a smart and wise dragon to know how to open a door with their claws which... might be somewhat cute to see in action now that I have imagined it.

Oh, and I did want to allow dragons to grasp with their mouths and tails as well, but I had no idea how to do so since it seems that the mouth and the tail have their own separate 'BODY' entry within 'body_default.txt' as '[BODY:MOUTH]' and '[BODY:TAIL]', and I did not want to unintentionally allow every creature with a mouth and tail to grasp anything and everything.

Lastly, about the reactions, I could not refit certain pieces of gear that I wanted to refit for my Elven Adventurer such as dresses, gloves, robes, and shoes, so I spent some time learning what I needed to know to tweak the existing reactions in order to create new reactions that would allow me to refit a large variety of gear for my Adventurers without the need of a fortress created in Fortress Mode. This is what I came up with below...

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:REFITTING_ADV]
[NAME:+-- Refitting --+]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]

[REACTION:REFIT_HELM_ADV]
[NAME:refit headwear]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:item:1:HELM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:leather:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:item:NONE]
[SKILL:ARMOR]

[REACTION:REFIT_GLOVES_ADV]
[NAME:refit gloves]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:first item:1:GLOVES:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:second item:1:GLOVES:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:first item:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:second item:NONE]

[REACTION:REFIT_ARMOR_ADV]
[NAME:refit bodywear]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:item:1:ARMOR:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[REACTION:REFIT_PANTS_ADV]
[NAME:refit legwear]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:item:1:PANTS:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[REACTION:REFIT_SHOES_ADV]
[NAME:refit footwear]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:first item:1:SHOES:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:second item:1:SHOES:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:first item:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:second item:NONE]

...and I believe they should cover every piece of armor and every article of clothing with leather being the requirement to refit any of them as per the default of Dark Ages III. I could look into learning how to make separate reactions for armor and clothing if this is a bit too simplistic—oh, and I mentioned the above because I was wondering if you could test them whenever you have spare time to see if they are to your liking, and if they are, would you consider replacing the current reactions for refitting with the above (or a tweaked version of the above that is of your preference)?

Thanks again for your time. ❦

(E: Added two other 'creature_' files that also contain dragons.)
(E2: Polished some of the text.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:10:45 pm by Fi »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1121 on: November 30, 2019, 01:28:55 pm »

No problem at all, and thank you for sparing your time to get back to me! I understand that everyone has a life looming over their shoulders for the better or worse, so please do take your time with your responses and any projects you are working on to keep unneeded stress out of your head. ❦
  • I figured that would be the case, and I reinstalled Dark Ages III: War & Mythos before I generated a world. There seems to be enough interesting magic and races in the game to not need Spellcrafts.
  • His tileset is absolutely amazing—my absolute favorite tileset that makes me not even want to try my other favorite tilesets, and I am very delighted that you expressed interest in making it compatible with your vast mod. I do not know if you have already asked him for his permission, but I asked him for you as soon as I glanced over that sentence.
That is highly unfortunate and reminds me of the many times my phone died, power surges happened, or my computer and the programs themselves crashed before I could finish typing important documents or messages, so I hope the loss of your time and work did not cause you too much stress.

Hm, it is a good idea to put Dark Ages' guidebook on hold to wait until the release of Dwarf Fortress on Steam since so much content featured in the latest 'Future of the Fortress' is coming during and after that release, which may affect Dark Ages in many ways, so I will try to handle as much of the unknown as I can until Dwarf Fortress releases on Steam with the release of Dark Ages: IV following behind it. (Is Dark Ages: IV a major update to Dark Ages: III?)

Thank you for asking. I hope he agrees. Here is a link to make it easier to check for his reply:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172078.msg8057048#msg8057048

DA:IV is going to be a streamlined version of the existing mod content built from the ground up. Since stability and compatibility is gone after major DF releases and new features disrupt stable world generation, even in vanilla DF. I have no choice but to start fresh. (It took a year extra to release DA:I  due to a gigantic DF update and raw changes.)

On top of that each minor release from Toady One greatly impacts world gen stability as he tweaks certain things that have a massive ripple effect. Like the time all babies were born armed with knives. My vision for the mod is much more clear then when I started modding so it needs to reflect the latest features and concepts correctly before being released on Steam.   

The reason why I asked is because I managed to get myself stuck in a Shrine of Holes which literally has a large hole at the bottom filled with water—bless what seems like the dragons ability to innately swim in water with a depth of seven—after utilizing a curse I received to turn into a Vampiric Dragon to defend myself and my companions, and I learned through this experience that dragons in Dwarf Fortress are flightless creatures due to being either Drakes, Lung Dragons, or Lindwurms with wings incapable of flight due to adaptation (the mentioning of the wings is about the Cave Dragon) and that dragons are unable to climb. I can understand the dragons being flightless since subspecies of dragons exist in fiction, but it made little sense to me that dragons could not climb when that is something that they do all the time in other works of fiction.

Since they cannot devour sentient beings as Adventurers, cannot butcher corpses, and cannot open doors even though '[BUILDINGDESTROYER:#]' could have been a silly way to circumvent that inability if it worked for the Adventurer, would bestowing the unique dragons from Dark Ages with the '[INTELLIGENT]' token with the '[EQUIPS]' and '[CANOPENDOORS]' tokens cause balance issues? I decided to give the dragons with the former token those two latter tokens since it makes sense for a smart and wise dragon to know how to open a door with their claws which... might be somewhat cute to see in action now that I have imagined it.

Oh, and I did want to allow dragons to grasp with their mouths and tails as well, but I had no idea how to do so since it seems that the mouth and the tail have their own separate 'BODY' entry within 'body_default.txt' as '[BODY:MOUTH]' and '[BODY:TAIL]', and I did not want to unintentionally allow every creature with a mouth and tail to grasp anything and everything.

Lastly, about the reactions, I could not refit certain pieces of gear that I wanted to refit for my Elven Adventurer such as dresses, gloves, robes, and shoes, so I spent some time learning what I needed to know to tweak the existing reactions in order to create new reactions that would allow me to refit a large variety of gear for my Adventurers without the need of a fortress created in Fortress Mode. This is what I came up with below...

Thank you for this. Excellent insights. I will include these mods in v39 —which does not yet have an ETA but I will say "before 2020" unless Toady One releases the villains update sooner...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:30:40 pm by GM-X »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 19, 2019, 08:51:46 pm »

Hi,
I noticed you used my illithids from my creepy caverns mod. V. Honoured it got some use, so thanks :) Just a note though, my raws were a little bit bugged (which hasn't been corrected in your own raws) and some of their mental tags (musicality and some other stuff) is duplicated. Just take a look through them and you'll see what I mean, other than that they're functional.
Best of luck,
Gsp

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Toady One: 01/01/2020 So yes, we're planning for a release this month! Notably, we are pushing things up a bit so that I can get started on the graphical version and get the artists squared away, the artists who have been very patiently waiting for me for about a year now! Then we'll be working with them on an ongoing basis and get the Steam/itch release done. This leaves a few questions regarding the villain release: what about any serious issues that arise, and which features have been delayed in order to get the release up?

For bug-fixing and stabilization, we're going to do some initial work after the villain release happens - there are plenty of serious issues on the tracker, the villain release will doubtless have issues, and we can afford to do some of them now -- we'd like the new version to be playable and the Steam/itch version will need those bugs fixed anyway. However, we also need to get the graphical code rolling so the artists can work more easily, and this needs to happen soon. Therefore the plan is to spend some time with the worst bugs at first, and then, as the Steam work progresses, we'll do additional stabilization releases on the existing branch as well. It's hard to say what the frequency of these fixer-upper releases will be before starting in on the graphical work, but the goal is not to sit on anything nasty like the old weapon trap crash or the existing military equipment/raid crash for extended periods of time anymore. This also includes the stress issues that we've been collecting over at the stress thread, and other related issues like socialization problems - they need to be fixed for the Steam/itch release, and it would be nice to fix them sooner. But the Steam/itch work must begin.

This is what I was waiting to hear about. As soon as the villains release is available - I can start development on DA:IV! -There is a desire to move as quickly as possible on a stable Steam/Itch release which will be a more enjoyable mod experience.

DA:III is already filled to the maximum with villains. Many do surprising things in history. A hags house was reported to have dozens of kidnapped human children growing up in it over generations. Depending how villains work in the raws, it could be an easy process to overhaul.

Stability during world generation will take a lot of ironing out and no date yet on the Steam workshop. But, when the dust settles - it is going to be extra terrifying.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Survival Horror] [v38d] [44.12] [Newb Pack]
« Reply #1124 on: January 15, 2020, 05:48:42 am »

Toady One: 01/13/2020 - Most notable bit that slipped in is skill demonstrations in craft guildhalls, which work just like the military ones, but impart one of the skills which falls under the umbrella of the guild to any attending member, and which also satisfies some needs. But mostly just fixing uninteresting problems (why is this temple 100x more valuable than it should be? where is my pet alpaca? why was this army created two hundred times in a year? etc.)

Armies being created 200-times a year would crash DA:IV, which has many more civilizations producing armies. Hopefully Toady One catches all these! -Guildhalls imparting skill is exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 91