Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447975 times)

vnneetguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't wear crafting gauntlets,gloves well ... handwear as a Vampire Lord (although i can with starting equipments)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I can't wear crafting gauntlets,gloves well ... handwear as a Vampire Lord (although i can with starting equipments)

Hi Vnneetguy, I've updated the raws to make Vampire Lords human sized for [v39d], but haven't uploaded it yet. You should be able to replace the body size line for them in your save game raws: creature_vampire_lord.txt

Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 03:27:56 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

vnneetguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Vnneetguy, I've updated the raws to make Vampire Lords human sized for [v39d], but haven't uploaded it yet. You should be able to replace the body size line for them in your save game raws: creature_vampire_lord.txt

Thanks you for replying, I played Fortress Mode, it has some propblems.
1. Toy Factory, i don't even know how it work, i oder dwarf to craft some toy but it produces a lot more products than to be expected.
I don't even have rose gold but i still can craft like 40 50 rose gold toy firgure (somehow).
2. WoodShop:
-- Dwarf Bow doesn't work, i crafted it but there was no product when it was done.
-- i craft like 3500, 4000 ammo per oder and it cost you only one wood(i can buy almost everything in trading with just one wood)
3. New Outfit:
-- i can't make uniform with new material (stone,wood) armor because it not showing in outfit material screen.

Played as Legendary Dwarf.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:16:41 am by vnneetguy »

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are Dragon Men bloodsuckers? Thier venom also burns people alive and isn't inserted when they bite, only when they spit. Alongside this they can transform others into dragons. Sorry if it sounds negative, I'm just confused.

Hi CrashyMcGee, Dragonmen are cursed beings. In dark ages they are suffering a form of dragon-lycanthropy. They did start as NPCs so there maybe some targeting weirdness in Adventure Mode.

If you have any suggestions for them, I would be happy to include them. What is your wish?

I didn't know that Dragonmen could convert people to weredragons, sorry. I was confused by the venom as it seemed like it meant to be injected since it had the [ENTERS_BLOOD] and [SYN_INJECTED], both of which are used in injected venom/posion. Is the venom supposed to be molten hot though, I'm still confused about that. It seems to used to daze and blind opponents but usually ends up kiilng them due to the heat and melting of thier bodies. (Also, because of this, when I moded in the ability to inject it, it could kill nearly anything, including giants, in one bite)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:07:52 pm by CrashyMcGee »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Thanks you for replying, I played Fortress Mode, it has some propblems.
1. Toy Factory, i don't even know how it work, i oder dwarf to craft some toy but it produces a lot more products than to be expected.
I don't even have rose gold but i still can craft like 40 50 rose gold toy firgure (somehow).
2. WoodShop:
-- Dwarf Bow doesn't work, i crafted it but there was no product when it was done.
-- i craft like 3500, 4000 ammo per oder and it cost you only one wood(i can buy almost everything in trading with just one wood)
3. New Outfit:
-- i can't make uniform with new material (stone,wood) armor because it not showing in outfit material screen.

Played as Legendary Dwarf.

Thank you for reporting this. Do not hesitate to report any other bugs you encounter. I will try to resolve this list in release [v39d] shortly.

Why are Dragon Men bloodsuckers? Thier venom also burns people alive and isn't inserted when they bite, only when they spit. Alongside this they can transform others into dragons. Sorry if it sounds negative, I'm just confused.

Hi CrashyMcGee, Dragonmen are cursed beings. In dark ages they are suffering a form of dragon-lycanthropy. They did start as NPCs so there maybe some targeting weirdness in Adventure Mode.

If you have any suggestions for them, I would be happy to include them. What is your wish?

I didn't know that Dragonmen could convert people to weredragons, sorry. I was confused by the venom as it seemed like it meant to be injected since it had the [ENTERS_BLOOD] and [SYN_INJECTED], both of which are used in injected venom/posion. Is the venom supposed to be molten hot though, I'm still confused about that. It seems to used to daze and blind opponents but usually ends up kiilng them due to the heat and melting of thier bodies. (Also, because of this, when I moded in the ability to inject it, it could kill nearly anything, including giants, in one bite)

Molten venom... Sounds emergent due to their bodies being so hot from fire breathing? I tend to make all poisons highly infectious not matter how the creature uses it - with the idea of poison crafting in DF at some future date.

You are becoming a Dragonman expert. If you want to share your mods I will include them officially in [v39d]. I'd be interested in reading your adventure reports, if you feel like recording one.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39d] [47.04] [Mummies]
« Reply #1145 on: May 08, 2020, 04:04:00 pm »

Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [47.04] [v39d] [64-bit] has been released!

---> DOWNLOAD [PC]: Ironhand Dark [47.04] (17MB)

---> DOWNLOAD [PC]: Wanderlust ASCII [47.04] (14MB)

[v39] - Release Notes:
  • Add-on. 100% vanilla DF included
  • Mummy Curse added
  • Fixed: Toy Factory no longer produces massively
  • Should fix Dwarven Bows
  • Vampire Lords are now human size
  • Minor updates to curses
  • Iron Dwarves have arisen
  • Vampire Hydra have arisen
  • [3] New weapons added which can be crafted in Fort Mode: Thora Spear, Casula Mace, & Xhylon Crossbow
  • [2] New vampire strains have arisen: Dirt and Gloom
  • Dark Ages Dragons can now climb
  • Most Armor can now be refit in Adventure Mode
  • Vampire Bats are now extinct
  • Ancestral spirits no longer live underground
  • Great Bats are now extinct
  • Stable medium & large advanced worlds
  • Hyper-active History
  • Towers in mass
  • Paladins, Druid Dwarves, and Clerics have joined forces
  • Hags now reproduce
  • Hags joined forces with Gnolls
  • Serpentnakashim have fallen
  • Dark Stranglers have fallen
  • Dark Elf civilizations have risen
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:36:34 pm by GM-X »

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started playing with your mod so I'm probably uninformed about a lot.

But I see that you put a lot of effort into a robust worldgen so I thought I'd share this image of civilization pop breakdown from my world.

https://puu.sh/FLqdM/24441a85a1.png

Legendary dwarves and dwarves always seem to be at least a 4th of the world's total population. In this example there are no more humans as their only site was demolished in the 4th year.

I was wondering if the age-based immortality of the dwarves would be the culprit here.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Just started playing with your mod so I'm probably uninformed about a lot.

But I see that you put a lot of effort into a robust worldgen so I thought I'd share this image of civilization pop breakdown from my world.

https://puu.sh/FLqdM/24441a85a1.png

Legendary dwarves and dwarves always seem to be at least a 4th of the world's total population. In this example there are no more humans as their only site was demolished in the 4th year.

I was wondering if the age-based immortality of the dwarves would be the culprit here.

Hi Rojiru, if you feel like it post the world generation parameters for this world and I will take a closer look. I highly recommend using the included advanced world parameters to the default end year for maximum content and stability.

In dark ages humans, clerics, and paladins are the same race. But Clerics and Paladins have innate skills, stronger bodies, and powers. In your example world vanilla humans were wiped out early. That is especially interesting but there are other human civs still going.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:08:34 am by GM-X »

rojiru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That world was a medium region using default Dwarf Fortress parameters.

I spent some time last night generating another world with a large region with default DF parameters and the results were very different!

https://puu.sh/FLyfX/4dae96d70e.png

I'll look for the recommended advanced parameters and load up another world to see what happens.

Disregard below, just working through the issues.
EDIT:
I'm playing with the mod shoved into the "mod" section of a LNP launcher, so it may not be using everything appropriately.
Found the worldgen parameters files. Dropped it into the main DF directory and overwrote the default worldgen file and the parameters show up in game. I'll try it out now.
Crashed on the first attempt, large region Dark Ages preset. around year 110
crashed in worldgen on 2nd attempt using DA preset for medium
sigh. just getting crashes in worldgen using the DA presets
I'm scrapping the way I was running the mod and just overwrit the default DF files. This should have better results. I'm going too far to preserve my keybindings, I know.
I screwed it all up. Game won't launch DFhack. I am noob.
Fiddled with it again. Seems to be working now.

Edit2:
https://puu.sh/FLE8p/881927dc7c.png

This is the world generated with your parameters. Looks better. :) Still hasn't kept Dark Gnome civs from being wiped out no matter the size of the world or worldgen params.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:29:04 pm by rojiru »

it_master

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I am nothing, but a shadow...
    • View Profile

Ok... Is this normal?

My characters in Adventure Mode just kept flashing back and forth through all sorts of sprites. Foe example, for some reason, my character sprite just turned itself into a bag for some reason.

Also, for some reason, the game crashes while creating worlds that go beyond 200 years. I have a 64 bit windows 10 with 12 GB of RAM, and though the game didn't use up all of the RAM (using a small percentage of that in fact), the game crashes.

And then the title screen just glitches out...

I may need help.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 08:21:22 am by it_master »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Ok... Is this normal?

My characters in Adventure Mode just kept flashing back and forth through all sorts of sprites. Foe example, for some reason, my character sprite just turned itself into a bag for some reason.

Also, for some reason, the game crashes while creating worlds that go beyond 200 years. I have a 64 bit windows 10 with 12 GB of RAM, and though the game didn't use up all of the RAM (using a small percentage of that in fact), the game crashes.

I may need help.

Hi it_master, no that is not normal and I have never seen the title screen glitch! To be clear, are you using the Iron Hand Dark version "as is" with no mods or DFHack?

Be sure that you are using the included Dark Ages Advanced World Parameters to generate worlds, or you will likely get many crashes. This mod is strung up tighter than a Christmas tree and if you tinker with any of the bulbs all the lights may go out. The included world parameters are well tested and stable to default end years.

As far as the tile shifting glitches, I only half remember the reason why that can happen - it is not normal.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 06:15:34 am by GM-X »

it_master

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ok... Is this normal?

I may need help.

Hi it_master, no that is not normal and I have never seen the title screen glitch! To be clear, are you using the Iron Hand Dark version "as is" with no mods or DFHack?

Be sure that you are using the included Dark Ages Advanced World Parameters to generate worlds, or you will likely get many crashes. This mod is strung up tighter than a Christmas tree and if you tinker with any of the bulbs all the lights may go out. The included world parameters are well tested and stable to default end years.

As far as the tile shifting glitches, I only half remember the reason why that can happen - it is not normal.

Well, I'm using it in it's vanilla form, so there's no other mods or DFHack installed. And I ran it using the large version of the Dark Ages advanced world parameters. So I didn't bother to tinker anything due to the fact that I just wanna run and play.

Also, the glitch is not limited to the title screen. Sometimes it could happen while I was playing the game after 15-20 mins or longer, the results being that the text becomes like the title screen, with some of the text being blacked out to the point where I can't read them properly.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 07:54:33 am by it_master »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Well, I'm using it in it's vanilla form, so there's no other mods or DFHack installed. And I ran it using the large version of the Dark Ages advanced world parameters. So I didn't bother to tinker anything due to the fact that I just wanna run and play.

Also, the glitch is not limited to the title screen. Sometimes it could happen while I was playing the game after 15-20 mins or longer, the results being that the text becomes like the title screen, with some of the text being blacked out to the point where I can't read them properly.

Oh no. I'm sorry, I'm not aware of anything I modded that could produce that effect. You may want to switch to uncompressed saved files, although that has never been a problem before. Toady One has recommended it "as needed" and 47.04 is a pretty raw build.

1) Do you have another PC/drive you can try again on with a fresh download?
2) Is this happening in the Wanderlust version?
3) Can anyone else confirm or deny this happening in DA or vanilla DF?

I took a look under the hood for you and found nothing to explain it. I will take a deeper dive shortly, meanwhile here is a large world I just generated:

Large Beasts DA:IV [Ironhand Dark] [v39d] [Year: 316] https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc89743ukj5zvgn/region_316.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:52:36 pm by GM-X »

RoyalRoad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm using the Ironhand Dark [47.04] version of this mod, and I'm experiencing the same text glitch problem. I find it annoying, but manageable because you can just zoom in/out and the problem will temporarily disappear. The problem seems to permanently disappear when I zoom out enough, but I hate doing that b/c I like to see a closeup of everything in adventure mode. It's probably a problem with tileset because the issue never showed up with any of the other tilesets I've tried so far.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:24:13 pm by RoyalRoad »

it_master

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh no. I'm sorry, I'm not aware of anything I modded that could produce that effect. You may want to switch to uncompressed saved files, although that has never been a problem before. Toady One has recommended it "as needed" and 47.04 is a pretty raw build.

1) Do you have another PC/drive you can try again on with a fresh download?
2) Is this happening in the Wanderlust version?
3) Can anyone else confirm or deny this happening in DA or vanilla DF?

I took a look under the hood for you and found nothing to explain it. I will take a deeper dive shortly, meanwhile here is a large world I just generated:

Large Beasts DA:IV [Ironhand Dark] [v39d] [Year: 316] https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc89743ukj5zvgn/region_316.zip?dl=0

1. I have not tried it yet, I'll test that one out.
2.Yep, same thing happens. Game crashes after using the preset world generation. Though the font problem didn't appear. Must have appeared only in the Iron version.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 91