Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 448006 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Glad to hear! Would love to see the wiki, do you need any help setting it up or anything?

I'll post a Linux pack of DA!

Did you do any tweaks to the default Windows Pack besides the DA mod itself? For example, does the dfhack.init have any DA specific changes? dfhack plugins/scripts? Any DA changes in init.txt?

There are no changes to DFhack.init, any plugins/scripts, or the init.txt.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here it is, a Dark Ages 4 v39f Linux build!

It is built with the data/ and /raw folders from the Dark Ages Wanderlust release for Windows and bundled with DF for Linux, LNP launcher, dfhack, Dwarf Therapist, Legends Browser. I used the brilliant lnp-forge tool from McArcady for building starter packs on Linux. Anyone that wants to build their own can use lnp-forge, just use my branch with the DA additions for now.

Download here: https://github.com/Ramblurr/lnp-forge/releases/tag/DarkAges.4.47.04.v39f-r1

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been getting back into Dwarf Fortress,  I saw that its highly advisable not to combine DAIV and Spellcraft, which is unfortunate but understandable. However. I also saw that this mod contains some elements of Spellcrafts. Does that include Adventurers being able to learn magic with things like slates, or are adventurers not able to learn magic?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39f] [47.04] [Wiki]
« Reply #1173 on: August 14, 2020, 10:52:50 pm »

Here it is, a Dark Ages 4 v39f Linux build!

It is built with the data/ and /raw folders from the Dark Ages Wanderlust release for Windows and bundled with DF for Linux, LNP launcher, dfhack, Dwarf Therapist, Legends Browser. I used the brilliant lnp-forge tool from McArcady for building starter packs on Linux. Anyone that wants to build their own can use lnp-forge, just use my branch with the DA additions for now.

Download here: https://github.com/Ramblurr/lnp-forge/releases/tag/DarkAges.4.47.04.v39f-r1

Thank you so much. I added the Linux link to the OP a few days ago.

Been getting back into Dwarf Fortress,  I saw that its highly advisable not to combine DAIV and Spellcraft, which is unfortunate but understandable. However. I also saw that this mod contains some elements of Spellcrafts. Does that include Adventurers being able to learn magic with things like slates, or are adventurers not able to learn magic?

Hi Deebs, you picked a good time to ask questions. I have been remaking the the DA:IV wiki this week and although it does not answer your question - I will add a question and answer section among other things.

Eric Blank gave me the okay to add his mod, but I haven't gotten to it yet. One of the reasons being vanilla magic is expected to get some big changes soon. Also the spell-like powers in DA:IV cover a very wide range of possible spell-effects in vanilla DF. With heroes and taverns it is easy to make spell casters part of your fort, with mixed results. There is even a pet that can convert Dwarves into vampiric magic users, not sure if anyone found that yet.

Adventurers can find spells on slabs in Necro towers, books, certain monsters grant them, and turning over statues in temples to become cursed. Many adventure classes begin the game with a decent set of spells. 

Dark Ages: War & Mythos [Wiki]
http://www.adventrpg.com/DarkAges/index.php/Main_Page

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39f] [47.04] [Wiki]
« Reply #1174 on: August 15, 2020, 07:51:26 am »

Gotcha, thanks for the reply. Ill need to do some scavenging then.

1) I see that bookmaking is part of crafting an adventurer is capable of, does that include books that can teach magic?

2) Quick Addendum question, I started as a lizardman seeking to do some adventuring, turns out this lizardman town has Shadow citizens, who despite being citizens immediatly turn hostile on everybody. Is this intended?

3) One More, I saw on the wiki that Lizard Person venom is supposed to be able to make a creature fall unconscious, but Ive yet to see it work. Is it not implemented or does it require more than spitting on an enemy, like spitting on an enemy and having it land on a wounded body part?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:50:12 pm by Deebs »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1175 on: August 15, 2020, 03:42:34 pm »

1) I see that bookmaking is part of crafting an adventurer is capable of, does that include books that can teach magic?

2) Quick Addendum question, I started as a lizardman seeking to do some adventuring, turns out this lizardman town has Shadow citizens, who despite being citizens immediatly turn hostile on everybody. Is this intended?

3) One More, I saw on the wiki that Lizard Person venom is supposed to be able to make a creature fall unconscious, but Ive yet to see it work. Is it not implemented or does it require more than spitting on an enemy, like spitting on an enemy and having it land on a wounded body part?

1) Nope. I recommend starting as a magical class, and try to find slabs and temples. The bad news is towers are not as diverse in the current DF version. Not sure how easy it is to find most of them.

2) For now, that is the nature of Shadows. They rarely mingle much with other races during world gen, but if they do - they will attack them on sight in adventure mode.

3) The spit causes a syndrome known as Lizard Flu. It only works on creatures that can be affected by poison and looking under the hood, it is diluted by size, under powered, and there was a problem preventing it from working for adventurers. I updated this for v39g and will upload it soon. Meanwhile, you can replace the lines in your save game raws for Lizard People in creature_standard_dark_ages.txt and test the fix now:

Code: [Select]
[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:75:PROB:75:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:240:END:960]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:75:PROB:75:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:0:PEAK:240:END:960]

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 15, 2020, 08:31:06 pm »

1) Nope. I recommend starting as a magical class, and try to find slabs and temples. The bad news is towers are not as diverse in the current DF version. Not sure how easy it is to find most of them.

2) For now, that is the nature of Shadows. They rarely mingle much with other races during world gen, but if they do - they will attack them on sight in adventure mode.

3) The spit causes a syndrome known as Lizard Flu. It only works on creatures that can be affected by poison and looking under the hood, it is diluted by size, under powered, and there was a problem preventing it from working for adventurers. I updated this for v39g and will upload it soon. Meanwhile, you can replace the lines in your save game raws for Lizard People in creature_standard_dark_ages.txt and test the fix now:

[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:75:PROB:75:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:240:END:960]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:75:PROB:75:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:0:PEAK:240:END:960]

Unfortunately it did not seem to, made a new world and a new character, spat at a fat stork, I covered half its body in spit and it just flew away after a while.

Also, for some reason trying to craft a wooden helve from a branch makes random items like bookshelves? I can use them for crafting stone axes but the "stone axe" I get is also a random object that I cant use as an axe.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:42:39 am by Deebs »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39g] [47.04] [Wiki]
« Reply #1177 on: August 17, 2020, 04:00:28 pm »

Unfortunately it did not seem to, made a new world and a new character, spat at a fat stork, I covered half its body in spit and it just flew away after a while.

Well I don't like to hear that. It may work best if it enters the blood but should work on contact. If that stork was super fat, it may have been somewhat resistant. I'm unclear how it would effect/penetrate feathers, but if you hit its eyes it could have been blinded. Try this one:

[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:100:PROB:90:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:0:END:960]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:90:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:0:PEAK:0:END:960]

Also, for some reason trying to craft a wooden helve from a branch makes random items like bookshelves? I can use them for crafting stone axes but the "stone axe" I get is also a random object that I cant use as an axe.

Thank you for reporting this. An old version of item_tool.txt was included in the Starter Pack. I updated the download link with hot fix v39g as well as some description fixes I found working on the wiki. You can add the following block of code to the raw and it should fix any saved games:

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HELVE]
[NAME:helve:helves]
[VALUE:10]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:'\']
[SIZE:250]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[INCOMPLETE_ITEM]
[UNIMPROVABLE]
[NO_DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENTS]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STONE_AXE]
[NAME:axe:axes]
[STONE_MAT]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[TILE:'/']
[SIZE:400]
[SKILL:AXE]
[TWO_HANDED:27500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[ATTACK:EDGE:800:400:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:800:400:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:400:strike:strikes:helve:1000]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:40:19 pm by GM-X »

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39g] [47.04] [Wiki]
« Reply #1178 on: August 19, 2020, 06:24:54 pm »

Well I don't like to hear that. It may work best if it enters the blood but should work on contact. If that stork was super fat, it may have been somewhat resistant. I'm unclear how it would effect/penetrate feathers, but if you hit its eyes it could have been blinded. Try this one:

[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:100:PROB:90:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:0:END:960]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:90:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:0:PEAK:0:END:960]

Thank you for reporting this. An old version of item_tool.txt was included in the Starter Pack. I updated the download link with hot fix v39g as well as some description fixes I found working on the wiki. You can add the following block of code to the raw and it should fix any saved games:

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HELVE]
[NAME:helve:helves]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:'\']
[SIZE:250]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[INCOMPLETE_ITEM]
[UNIMPROVABLE]
[NO_DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENTS]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STONE_AXE]
[NAME:axe:axes]
[STONE_MAT]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[TILE:'/']
[SIZE:400]
[SKILL:AXE]
[TWO_HANDED:27500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[ATTACK:EDGE:800:400:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:800:400:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:400:strike:strikes:helve:1000]

Had to make a new world unfortunately, editing the saved world's raws didnt seem to have an effect. However, I was able to successfully make helves, and while I dont know about the drowsy thing, I tested lizardman spit on some peacocks and while it wasnt 100% I did see that their eyes became teal in their description, which I believe means they lost the use of them. One was even effected when I only hit it in the leg, So it seems to be working now. Sorry for late response btw.

Zalthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 21, 2020, 01:46:45 pm »

I'm currently suffering from a crash during Fortress Mode on the exact same day. I checked the error log, and this is what is inside:

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature GREATER_MINOTAUR
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/lair_hunter_greater_minotaur.txt
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature CYCLOPS_BRUTE
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/lair_hunter_cyclops.txt
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature ANCIENT_VAMPIRE
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/lair_hunter_ancient_vampire.txt

Anyway to fix this? I copied the speech files from the ASCII version, since that has those files for some reason, but it still crashes. Are they two different versions?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:11:05 pm by Zalthor »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1180 on: August 22, 2020, 12:15:47 am »

I'm currently suffering from a crash during Fortress Mode on the exact same day. I checked the error log, and this is what is inside:

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature GREATER_MINOTAUR
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/lair_hunter_greater_minotaur.txt
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature CYCLOPS_BRUTE
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/lair_hunter_cyclops.txt
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature ANCIENT_VAMPIRE
Error Initializing Text: data/speech/lair_hunter_ancient_vampire.txt

Anyway to fix this? I copied the speech files from the ASCII version, since that has those files for some reason, but it still crashes. Are they two different versions?

Hi Zalthor, thank you for reporting this. It appears I left lair hunter speeches out of the Windows Starter Pack. That will be updated shortly. That should not cause a crash during Fortress mode, so the two are likely unrelated. Fort mode crashing is virtually unheard of and extremely difficult to trouble shoot. I lean towards this being a vanilla DF [47.04] bug. It could be caused by a faulty creature showing up on the map I suppose, but I'm unaware of it happening before.

I will look into it for you, the only suggestion I can make right now is - make a back up save game for at least each new year or season. (i.e. save scumming)

Tell me this:

1) How old is your Fort?
2) What sort of animals have shown up?
3) What sort of monsters and heroes have visited?
4) How big is your world?
5) What race was your most recent trade caravan?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 12:25:02 am by GM-X »

Zalthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 22, 2020, 06:37:22 am »

1.) Approximately one year old.
2.) Just the standard; Great Foxes, Amphibious People, Goamt Cave Centi/Millipede, Giant Cave Crocodiles, Magma Crabs, Giant Bluejays, and so on.
3.) No monsters have attacked as of yet. My only visitors have been a few monster hunters and a human poet, bard, and a Paladin bard.
4.) Medium World, 333 years. I used the pre-seeded world offered in the advanced generation.
5.) A standard elven caravan.

I created a vast amount of wealth using gold, so I believe it may be a creature attempting to attack of some sort. Furthermore, I am using a RamDisk, but I have enough RAM/Space for it, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: It even crashes if I retire the fort and attempt to reclaim it. Something happens on the 25th that the game simply does not like, it seems.

Edit2: Reinstalled the mod. Now, during pregenworld creation, it crashes at exactly year 55. This is the new errorlog:

*** Error(s) finalizing the entity LEGENDARY_DWARF
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_ALTAR
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_DIE
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity WIZARD
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity HOLY_WAR
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity FOREST
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity PLAINS
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity EVIL

Edit3: Pregenworld crashes at year 55 without fail. The other presets only crash most of the time.

Edit4: Medium DA World genned, loaded in, greeted with this error:
NULL artifact removed on load x~2000
Edit5: Alright, I believe that your mod reintroduced a certain bug that was patched a while ago:

MOUNTAIN trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments
Impoverished Word Selector

Edit6: Turns out this is also able to occur for actual civs, as well:

LEGENDARY_DWARF trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:39:44 pm by Zalthor »

Deebs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 22, 2020, 12:09:01 pm »

Is there stuff like metal armor crafting and such implemented in this mod? I'm not seeing it. If not, are there any mods that might play well with DA4 that add advanced adventure mode crafting?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39h] [47.04] [Wiki]
« Reply #1183 on: August 22, 2020, 03:13:37 pm »

1.) Approximately one year old.
2.) Just the standard; Great Foxes, Amphibious People, Goamt Cave Centi/Millipede, Giant Cave Crocodiles, Magma Crabs, Giant Bluejays, and so on.
3.) No monsters have attacked as of yet. My only visitors have been a few monster hunters and a human poet, bard, and a Paladin bard.
4.) Medium World, 333 years. I used the pre-seeded world offered in the advanced generation.
5.) A standard elven caravan.

I created a vast amount of wealth using gold, so I believe it may be a creature attempting to attack of some sort. Furthermore, I am using a RamDisk, but I have enough RAM/Space for it, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: It even crashes if I retire the fort and attempt to reclaim it. Something happens on the 25th that the game simply does not like, it seems.

Edit2: Reinstalled the mod. Now, during pregenworld creation, it crashes at exactly year 55. This is the new errorlog:

Edit3: Pregenworld crashes at year 55 without fail. The other presets only crash most of the time.

Edit4: Medium DA World genned, loaded in, greeted with this error:

NULL artifact removed on load x~2000

Edit5: Alright, I believe that your mod reintroduced a certain bug that was patched a while ago:

Edit6: Turns out this is also able to occur for actual civs, as well

Paladin Bard? Wow.

Having said that, I did not clear the error log from the Start Pack! The errors caused by missing tools were fixed and now the lair speeches have been fixed for v39h.  Please download the Start Pack again to be sure you are using the latest version. The error log is cleared. This mod really needs Steam, so I can patch it before you click play. If you see a new letter after the version - I fixed or added something. 

NULL artifact removed on load x~2000 - I have never seen that error. Hopefully after you get the new Start Pack it will stop.

MOUNTAIN trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments Impoverished Word Selector - Uncommon, but a vanilla issue I have no effect on. Would not cause crashing as you described.

If things are not smooth sailing after you download the start pack again, please let me know. I have also added a version note under the title in the OP which I will use going forward until Steam Workshops is a thing.

Is there stuff like metal armor crafting and such implemented in this mod? I'm not seeing it. If not, are there any mods that might play well with DA4 that add advanced adventure mode crafting?

There is not, only refitting but it has been on my mind. After the Wiki is a bit more filled out, I will add metal crafting to D.A.A.C. along with new monsters for v40.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 03:48:59 pm by GM-X »

Zalthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39h] [47.04] [Wiki]
« Reply #1184 on: August 22, 2020, 05:53:48 pm »

If things are not smooth sailing after you download the start pack again, please let me know.
Well, Dwarf Fortress kept crashing when genning a Pregenworld, so, on a whim, I decided to re-enable aquifers, which, to my surprise, allowed me to actually gen that world past year 55.

I believe that was the issue; to the crashes at worldgen, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 91