Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447925 times)

Jesterdwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Because the only thing that I do good is bad jokes
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1200 on: November 17, 2020, 11:52:58 am »

Is something wrong with Alchemy? Can't even enable it for any of the fortress dwarves - can't build workshop - can't create gunpowder. Gunpowder is pain to manage because there's seemingly no stockpile to place it in, and Gunsmith workshop doesn't see gunpowder bags that are simply laying around, so can't create cartriges.
Dwarves refuse to equip modded weapons even though they can forge them just fine and weapons show up on military screen.
I will have to disable Shadows when I gen the next world, they make fort mode extremely frustrating to play. Every time any Shadow character shows up on the map, Opposed to Life tag kicks in and they start killing everyone and because that's Shadows we're talking about, every time I have one or two dead civilians at the very least. And because Shadows breed like crazy and can have all the civilian jobs, that means every month or two one of them shows up. Shadow Dancer, Shadow Scholar, Shadow Beast Hunter... Best part is when they arrive as part of the performing troupe, so they kill everyone in the troupe and then start massacring random dwarves before I even realize there's yet another Shadow on the map.
Still seeing some random forlorn zombies and haunts visitors from time to time.
Dark Elf Vampire visitors raise corpses for no reason even though they are freindly to me and otherwise aren't bad. Zombies are hostile to me, though, which leads to dwarves killing the DEV visitor and zombies.
On other hand, sieges are working again. So far only necromancers, humans and goblins, but that's nice.
Not a native English speaker and all that so... Yeah, my posts may look like gibberish, but trust me, there is a meaning in them somewere. Or at least that's what I like to think.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1201 on: November 24, 2020, 04:39:19 am »

Is something wrong with Alchemy? Can't even enable it for any of the fortress dwarves - can't build workshop - can't create gunpowder. Gunpowder is pain to manage because there's seemingly no stockpile to place it in, and Gunsmith workshop doesn't see gunpowder bags that are simply laying around, so can't create cartriges.
Dwarves refuse to equip modded weapons even though they can forge them just fine and weapons show up on military screen.
I will have to disable Shadows when I gen the next world, they make fort mode extremely frustrating to play. Every time any Shadow character shows up on the map, Opposed to Life tag kicks in and they start killing everyone and because that's Shadows we're talking about, every time I have one or two dead civilians at the very least. And because Shadows breed like crazy and can have all the civilian jobs, that means every month or two one of them shows up. Shadow Dancer, Shadow Scholar, Shadow Beast Hunter... Best part is when they arrive as part of the performing troupe, so they kill everyone in the troupe and then start massacring random dwarves before I even realize there's yet another Shadow on the map.
Still seeing some random forlorn zombies and haunts visitors from time to time.
Dark Elf Vampire visitors raise corpses for no reason even though they are freindly to me and otherwise aren't bad. Zombies are hostile to me, though, which leads to dwarves killing the DEV visitor and zombies.
On other hand, sieges are working again. So far only necromancers, humans and goblins, but that's nice.

Hi Jesterdwarf, thank you for the play report. You reminded me that I need to tweak Shadows again... It's not a bad idea to embark far away from them, but they do need more love with all the fort visitors. As far as modded weapons, and the other items you mentioned. -I will need to take a closer look at that.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:38:19 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Jesterdwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Because the only thing that I do good is bad jokes
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1202 on: November 24, 2020, 11:44:23 pm »

Hi Jesterdwarf, thank you for the play report. You reminded me that I need to tweak Shadows again... It's not a bad idea to embark far away from them, but they do need more love with all the fort visitors. As far as modded weapons, and the other items you mentioned. -I will need to take a closer look at that.
So I double checked all custom weapons and it seems only executioner's sword has consistent problems, everything else was just the usual military uniform fiesta. If I had to guess it has to something to do with required size for the exec sword? Also kind of funny that you can use non-weapon grade metals for new stuff. Trifle pewter broad axes anyone?
No idea what can be done with Shadows, though.
Not a native English speaker and all that so... Yeah, my posts may look like gibberish, but trust me, there is a meaning in them somewere. Or at least that's what I like to think.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1203 on: November 25, 2020, 07:13:43 pm »

So I double checked all custom weapons and it seems only executioner's sword has consistent problems, everything else was just the usual military uniform fiesta. If I had to guess it has to something to do with required size for the exec sword? Also kind of funny that you can use non-weapon grade metals for new stuff. Trifle pewter broad axes anyone?
No idea what can be done with Shadows, though.

Thank you again for letting me know. Yeah, Dwarves may have trouble with Executioner Swords giant size. I am adding modded weapons to world generation and fixing some other issues I found. So far so good. Noticing a lot of vanilla towers in world generation. I will find ways to fix Shadow civilizations for [v40a] release. Should upload fixes soon.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 07:18:57 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40a] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1204 on: December 01, 2020, 10:32:28 pm »

[ϟ] DOWNLOAD DARK AGES: IV [PC]: ---> Starter Pack [47.04] (212MB)

Dark Ages: War & Mythos [Wiki]: (Read Me)

DOWNLOAD [PC]: Wanderlust ASCII [47.04] (14MB)

[v40/v39] - Release Notes:
  • Dark Ages weapons are now uncommon in world generation
  • The Shadow civilization has fallen
  • Shadows are now a wild uncommon subterranean population
  • Gun powder is now part of world generation
  • Legendary Dwarves can now equip Arquebus by default in world generation
  • Dwarves no longer produce Executioner Swords
  • New Lich Adventure class can correctly change into damsels again
  • Re-introduces Greater Rhinomen which were left out of recent updates by accident
  • Orcs no longer produce poets
  • Orcs should be more common
  • [v40] War Crafts: Fixes typos in dark ages adventure crafting and adds [17] weapons and armor which be crafted in Adventure Mode

• Dark Ages IV: Starter Pack with soundsense and most utilities
  • 333-Year old Medium Region Included
  • Mummy Curse added
  • Fixed: Toy Factory no longer produces massively
  • Should fix Dwarven Bows
  • Vampire Lords are now human size
  • Minor updates to curses
  • Iron Dwarves have arisen
  • Vampire Hydra have arisen
  • [3] New weapons added which can be crafted in Fort Mode: Thora Spear, Casula Mace, & Xhylon Crossbow
  • [2] New vampire strains have arisen: Dirt and Gloom
  • Dark Ages Dragons can now climb
  • Most Armor can now be refit in Adventure Mode
  • Vampire Bats are now extinct
  • Ancestral spirits no longer live underground
  • Great Bats are now extinct
  • Stable medium & large advanced worlds
  • Hyper-active History
  • Paladins, Druid Dwarves, and Clerics have joined forces
  • Hags now reproduce
  • Hags joined forces with Gnolls
  • Serpentnakashim have fallen
  • Dark Stranglers have fallen
  • Dark Elf civilizations have risen
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 10:41:44 pm by GM-X »

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40a] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1205 on: December 20, 2020, 12:12:14 pm »

How hard or how broken it would be to play as wizard or human civilization in fortress mode?
Do I understand correctly as of now, only Legendary dwarves and dwarves are playable in fortress mode?

Can I change the list of playable races in the same way I would do for vanilla (and extra mod mechanics will still work)?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:36:09 pm by pietrko »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1206 on: December 21, 2020, 04:16:03 pm »

How hard or how broken it would be to play as wizard or human civilization in fortress mode?
Do I understand correctly as of now, only Legendary dwarves and dwarves are playable in fortress mode?

Can I change the list of playable races in the same way I would do for vanilla (and extra mod mechanics will still work)?

Hi Pietrko, good questions. For the most modded content Legendary Dwarves is the way to go. They can cast spells and have spell-like powers too. All other races are untested - but the plan is to make other races Fort-mode playable in the near future.

I would expect weirdness but Wizards would be 2nd most playable presently.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:19:54 pm by GM-X »

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 21, 2020, 05:04:00 pm »

Thanks,

I'm a total noob, never played df before, but I wanted badly to check those mages though :D
Which raw should I change? I've greeped for SITE_CONTROLLABLE in github release, but it seems it's in many places.

Code: [Select]
./df_47_04_linux/file changes.txt: [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] -> [SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./df_47_04_linux/raw/objects/entity_default.txt: [SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./LNP/Baselines/df_47_04/raw/objects/entity_default.txt: [SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./LNP/Graphics/Meph/raw/objects/entity_good_elf.txt: !NO_FORT_MODE_ELF!SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./LNP/Graphics/Meph/raw/objects/entity_savage_kobolds.txt: !NO_FORT_MODE_KOBOLD!SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./LNP/Graphics/Meph/raw/objects/entity_good_human.txt: !NO_FORT_MODE_HUMAN!SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./LNP/Graphics/Meph/raw/objects/entity_slaver_goblin.txt: !NO_FORT_MODE_GOBLIN!SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
./LNP/Graphics/Meph/raw/objects/entity_good_dwarf.txt: YES_FORT_MODE_DWARF[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

In general I find this game and how its coded weird.

Thanks

EDIT:
Ok I've managed to embark with wizard civ.
All civ members are nobles, idk what to do with them.
How can teach my wizards spells or know if they know any?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:28:38 pm by pietrko »

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Crafts]
« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2020, 03:21:10 am »

Greetings, I'm loving the mod so far and yet, one thing isn't clear to me. Could somebody tell me please, what do the Dark Elf Vampires' Hide in Shadows, Woodland Enchantment and Cast Sleep natural abilities do?

Hi Kyuuketsuki, thank you. You raise a good point - I need to add Spells & Powers to the Wiki in a big way.
  • Hide in Shadows: Invisibility.
  • Woodland Enchantment: Should make most wild animals friendly.
  • Sleep: Sleep attack spell which can be resisted - results may vary.
Also, is it normal that when I use the Transform into a wolf ability, it's said in the logs that I "have transformed into a nothing"? If not, how to fix that?

Do you transform into a wolf? I will need to take a closer look at that.
Yes, I do. When I look into my Character menu, I see the body parts of a wolf instead those of a Dark Elf, or more specifically, a Dark Elf Vampire. However, I am labeled as 'a nothing' by the game, instead of 'a wolf', although technically, my character correctly changes into a wolf.
The problem is the name, it names me as a 'nothing', as I've previously said.
Also, when I use Vampiric Speed, the logs say 'You you feel faster!' instead of 'You feel faster!', yes, with a double 'you'.

But yeah, past these particular two issues, your mod's complex but still excellent! Furthermore, I've barely even scratched the surface of the vast number of its features during my... Rather few playthroughs, so I'm excited to see what else it has to offer. Loving it so far, keep up the good work! Fix them and it'll be nearly - if not perfect, IMO.

There's one question I want to ask though. I've read that in vanilla DF, Vampires are considered undead, which means that they can't bleed out and damaging their head might as well be the only way to properly kill them. Why is that not valid for DEV's? I mean, I've bled out to death as a DEV.

I've got a suggestion, too. Three, in truth.

How do you feel about making it so that vampires and Dark Elf Vampires heal themselves when they feed, even if just a bit? Or have a passive regeneration boost that increases with satiation and decreases with thirst?

What about adding a cold-based move to vampires and DEVs, too? Or an interaction? Like, touch someone and freeze and/or chill and/or slow them?

And finally, what if DEV's get their physical stats doubled but preferably not 'frozen' (i.e. still able to rust and improve), contrary to usual vampires getting their physical stats doubled and frozen? Because, well, from what I understood, DEV's are vampires from scratch - lore-wise, perhaps from their very birth - and pureblood vampires should be generally more powerful than normal ones, am I wrong?

pietrko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 24, 2020, 10:11:14 am »

So, yea

seems that Wizards aren't playable after switching the [SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

- for some reason they can't take copper axes or pickaxes it seems that they can't use them at all
- all of the "wizards" are nobles, they are not eager to do any job
- Can't build walls

Tiles problem:
This may be very stupid question:
I've downloaded  the released bundle using "DOWNLOAD [Linux]:" link, it's a mod, LNB and df all bundled togheter.

By  default I have ASCII tileset (i guess wanderlust?) any time I change the tileset to something other (Meph Phoebus etc) through LNB, the game reverts to vanilla.
When I create new world there are no longer any Dark Age civs.
Should It be the case or I am messing something up and changing the tiles in the wrong way?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 05:20:25 pm by pietrko »

polliwoggi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 12, 2021, 08:19:56 pm »

Just noting that I can't seem to generate a world in the newest revision and I'm ... not at all sure why. Running the world that comes with the pack works fine, but any sort of world generation (even using completely default templates) CTDs immediately after history generation (or maybe somewhere in it, I'm not 100% certain).

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40a] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1211 on: January 29, 2021, 03:38:07 am »

Yes, I do. When I look into my Character menu, I see the body parts of a wolf instead those of a Dark Elf, or more specifically, a Dark Elf Vampire. However, I am labeled as 'a nothing' by the game, instead of 'a wolf', although technically, my character correctly changes into a wolf.
The problem is the name, it names me as a 'nothing', as I've previously said.
Also, when I use Vampiric Speed, the logs say 'You you feel faster!' instead of 'You feel faster!', yes, with a double 'you'.

But yeah, past these particular two issues, your mod's complex but still excellent! Furthermore, I've barely even scratched the surface of the vast number of its features during my... Rather few playthroughs, so I'm excited to see what else it has to offer. Loving it so far, keep up the good work! Fix them and it'll be nearly - if not perfect, IMO.

There's one question I want to ask though. I've read that in vanilla DF, Vampires are considered undead, which means that they can't bleed out and damaging their head might as well be the only way to properly kill them. Why is that not valid for DEV's? I mean, I've bled out to death as a DEV.

I've got a suggestion, too. Three, in truth.

How do you feel about making it so that vampires and Dark Elf Vampires heal themselves when they feed, even if just a bit? Or have a passive regeneration boost that increases with satiation and decreases with thirst?

What about adding a cold-based move to vampires and DEVs, too? Or an interaction? Like, touch someone and freeze and/or chill and/or slow them?

And finally, what if DEV's get their physical stats doubled but preferably not 'frozen' (i.e. still able to rust and improve), contrary to usual vampires getting their physical stats doubled and frozen? Because, well, from what I understood, DEV's are vampires from scratch - lore-wise, perhaps from their very birth - and pureblood vampires should be generally more powerful than normal ones, am I wrong?

Thank you for the feedback. I live, sorry for the very slow reply. I agree and I'm in favor of a cold based attack for DEV's. They do fully regenerate by changing into an animal form, but draining is not mod-able. They should not be able to bleed to death, and I do believe that can be addressed. I will give them some love for the v40b update.

So, yea

seems that Wizards aren't playable after switching the [SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

- for some reason they can't take copper axes or pickaxes it seems that they can't use them at all
- all of the "wizards" are nobles, they are not eager to do any job
- Can't build walls

Tiles problem:
This may be very stupid question:
I've downloaded  the released bundle using "DOWNLOAD [Linux]:" link, it's a mod, LNB and df all bundled togheter.

By  default I have ASCII tileset (i guess wanderlust?) any time I change the tileset to something other (Meph Phoebus etc) through LNB, the game reverts to vanilla.
When I create new world there are no longer any Dark Age civs.
Should It be the case or I am messing something up and changing the tiles in the wrong way?

Thank you for the deep dive. When I mod Wizards to be playable, I will take your report into consideration. As far as the Linux version - I didn't mod it and it sounds like the baseline does not contain the DA's raws, only vanilla so switching packs breaks it.

Just noting that I can't seem to generate a world in the newest revision and I'm ... not at all sure why. Running the world that comes with the pack works fine, but any sort of world generation (even using completely default templates) CTDs immediately after history generation (or maybe somewhere in it, I'm not 100% certain).

Thank you for reporting this. I'm also having trouble reaching 333-years in advanced world parameters. I was able to reach 170-years though. Default templates do not ever work however. Unless you get lucky or play young worlds.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:41:34 am by GM-X »

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 05, 2021, 02:44:26 pm »

So I'm thinking of doing a play through with the aim of setting up a vampire fortress.  Is this at all doable or reasonable to try and pull off?  Or is it just a terrible idea?

Also for adventure mode any suggestions for starting race?  Vampires seem neat but I don't know what's actually useful for starting :P

Also I've been trying out the dark elf vampire and I can't seem to get rid of the thirsty message.  Even though I've drunk enough blood multiple times to be considered very full.  It doesn't seem to have made any difference
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 03:53:56 am by captinjoehenry »

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 06, 2021, 03:43:29 pm »

• Vanilla Kobolds civilizations modified to be expansionists. They almost always survive world gen with robust populations.
hey, not sure if this is the right place but can i ask how you achieved this? thanks

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Crafts]
« Reply #1214 on: February 27, 2021, 05:51:53 pm »

Do you transform into a wolf? I will need to take a closer look at that.
It's because you have APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON in the vampforms.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 91