Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 448088 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Do you transform into a wolf? I will need to take a closer look at that.
It's because you have APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON in the vampforms.

Hi hertggf, thank you for reporting this.

FYI: The War & Mythos wiki keeps going down due to a high volume of traffic. I am making plans to release the (long awaited) Dark Ages guidebook in PDF format. I may still move the wiki to another server at some point.   
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Sampistola

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

will this mod have update? It would be great what new things will have with each update for 47.05

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a problem, in my game, I have transformed into a dragon and it looks like I can´t open doors while I am one. Is there any way in which I could get out of a building now?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Decided to give this another go.  Is there a separate list of Races & Entities? (the current link is down).  Is there a way to remove or otherwise cherry pick which races I want in a world?

stealth121

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Decided to give this mod a try and within 2 years I grabbed myself 3 Great GCSs, then my chief doc decided he didn't like one of them and punched it in the face hard enough to kill it, I do have to ask what is the difference between the normal spider and the Great version?

FrownTown

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40a] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1220 on: August 04, 2021, 11:18:49 am »

Hey, GM-X

Just wanted to let you know that a few weeks ago I downloaded your modpack and I've spent the whole time editing, tweaking, adding, mashing other mods into it, removing things that weren't to my preference, etc.

At this point it's pretty different, and I wasn't planning to release it here, but I wanted to get your permission before sharing it with friends, since it's based on your work.

I can post the changelog if you'd like, I'm still using .04 for compatibility purposes but I'll likely update soon.

More importantly, there were several outstanding bugs and (IMO) gameplay issues I had to fix, here's the biggest ones:

Putna's secrets need to have the declared name at the top of the interaction file changed from "interactions" to "interaction," the game doesn't read it properly.

There are a couple reactions that need to be fixed. Namely in the recipes under "FRT" for arquebuses. A couple of them have the wrong internal reagent identifiers. Gunpowder ends up getting put in piles instead of in bags, and cartridges don't spawn at all. Here were the original recipes:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_GUNPOWDER_FRT]
[NAME:make gunpowder with brimstone]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMY_LAB:CUSTOM_ALT_G]
[REAGENT:A:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:BRIMSTONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:20:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GUNPOWDER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:bag]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]

[REACTION:CARTRIDGE_FRT]
[NAME:load cartridge]
[BUILDING:GUNSHOP:CUSTOM_C]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:ammo:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET:NONE:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:30]
[REAGENT:gunpowder:20:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GUNPOWDER]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:B][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CARTRIDGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:ammo:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:30]
[SKILL:METALCRAFT]

And here are the changes I made:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_GUNPOWDER_FRT]
[NAME:make gunpowder]
[BUILDING:GUNSHOP:CUSTOM_ALT_G]
[REAGENT:A:1:STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE] [REACTION_CLASS:BLACKPOWDER]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:20:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GUNPOWDER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]

[REACTION:CARTRIDGE_FRT]
[NAME:load cartridge]
[BUILDING:GUNSHOP:CUSTOM_C]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:ammo:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET:NONE:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:30]
[REAGENT:gunpowder:20:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:GUNPOWDER]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][CONTAINS:gunpowder][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CARTRIDGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:ammo:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:30]

I added the "blackpowder" reaction class to a few other materials made of sulfur/sulfides/nitrates, since that's the reason brimstone was selected in the first place. This includes Saltpeter, Realgar and Orpiment. That way you can make gunpowder before you burrow all the way down to hell.

The abundance of different secrets that all add necromancy causes more deities at worldgen to spawn with the secrets of life and death and pass them down, resulting in massive amounts of necromancers and intelligent undead all over the world. In a single fort, I had more than six necromancers and two dozen intelligent undead show up as migrants and tavern visitors. I toned this down by removing some secrets and combining others, as well as turning off intelligent undead.

There were some problems concerning the interactions used by certain creatures to transform; they would essentially use them every time they were on cooldown, even in situations where it was extremely ill-advised. For instance, red dragons transforming back into red dragonmen while surrounded by enemies. I solved this by changing the interactions so that they aren't used at all by NPCs, and changing the creatures so that they always spawn in the more powerful form. Only the player can use them when they spawn as those creatures in adventure mode.

Fortress defense's additions cause weird things to happen during worldgen, like hag hamlets allying themselves with human civs, so I edited them by removing some of the creatures from the civs. Probably, it would work best to make them all separate entities with dark fortresses and properly laid out positions, but I'd have to update to do that, and it'd be a lot of creative work. Personally, I recommend just removing the ones that are awkward, like hags. Obviously, it would be preferable if you could make entities that are inherently designed to spawn with multiple creatures in them at varying frequencies, but this is not possible atm.

Lastly, the setup using certain "adventurer classes" as entity races to give them spheres/religions is problematic in worldgen. It results in the "adventurer" civilizations being extremely overpowered. I removed them from all civs and worldgen results were much more pleasing. Before I did this, I ran into several instances where I showed up to a cleric or paladin city in adventure mode and every single unit on the map was affected by a healing syndrome or something of that nature, causing a massive amount of FPS drop and resulting in some crashes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that a few reactions were also missing brackets or had extra brackets at the end of tokens. Apologies but I can't remember which ones at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:27:25 am by FrownTown »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1221 on: August 07, 2021, 02:19:59 pm »

Quote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At this point it's pretty different, and I wasn't planning to release it here, but I wanted to get your permission before sharing it with friends, since it's based on your work. I can post the changelog if you'd like, I'm still using .04 for compatibility purposes but I'll likely update soon.

Hi FrownTown, thank you very much for this. Dark Ages has badly needed fresh editorial review and fixes.

I would be happy to publish your modified version in the original post. Reply with a link, and I will do so right away. I'll also add you to the credits. When you make the jump to [47.05] I'll take a closer look at that version, add content, and run some tests. Right now, my plan is to reserve most of my efforts for the Steam release of DF Dark Ages (and the Dark Ages guidebook), which I assume will be massively time consuming.

GM-X
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:23:49 pm by GM-X »

Zenoshi

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Really likes dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 31, 2021, 01:44:25 am »

Any chance you could get the wiki working or perhaps that PDF for information on the mod? I really want to read about the features.  :)

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 27, 2021, 03:31:06 am »

for some reason when I play an Illithid my attaks only target me. ¿Do you have any idea as to why that is ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:42:41 am by holam »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1224 on: December 03, 2021, 03:27:34 pm »

Any chance you could get the wiki working or perhaps that PDF for information on the mod? I really want to read about the features.  :)

Hi Zenoshi, I have a lot of irons in the fire with the hope of releasing several games, books, and mods in 2022-2023. Prioritizing these projects has dropped modding documentation to near last place. But, I also thought the Steam release of DF was much closer to happening. Dark Ages was meant to be mysterious and core features are self explanatory or mentioned in the OP. Until Toady One releases the Steam workshop for DF I can barely even think about Dark Ages.

for some reason when I play an Illithid my attaks only target me. ¿Do you have any idea as to why that is ?

Hi Holam, thank you for reporting this. This is a bug, some races have not been optimized for adventure mode and more or less "throw in" to Dark Ages "as is." I will try to correct this and the above mentioned dragon hand bug for the Steam release! 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 03:34:52 pm by GM-X »

johnnyshock00

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40] [47.04] [War Crafts]
« Reply #1225 on: December 07, 2021, 07:04:23 pm »

Do you transform into a wolf? I will need to take a closer look at that.
It's because you have APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON in the vampforms.

Hi hertggf, thank you for reporting this.

FYI: The War & Mythos wiki keeps going down due to a high volume of traffic. I am making plans to release the (long awaited) Dark Ages guidebook in PDF format. I may still move the wiki to another server at some point.   

I know dev is hard at work on the guidebook right now, but as a newcomer, not having the wiki is a huge disservice. I know that there is so much under the hood going on and it just kills me not being able to take a peek under it. Is there any other way to view wiki info right now? Or if not, is there any way dev could do a hard dump of info from the wiki that you could download?  Y'know, just as a temporary band-aid. Id even take a messy and unorganized notepad doc, I'm just craving info.
p.s. thanks for all the hard work, mod is cool as hell

Dibbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 30, 2022, 01:53:32 pm »

Is there any wiki or something for the mod? A couple of questions:

My dorfs are becoming "hurror summoner"s, does anyone know what that means? "Good" old necromancers? 0.0

My major keeps asking for "seal of armok", anyone know what that is and how to craft it?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [v40a] [47.04] [War Craft]
« Reply #1227 on: November 04, 2022, 03:43:57 pm »

I know dev is hard at work on the guidebook right now, but as a newcomer, not having the wiki is a huge disservice. I know that there is so much under the hood going on and it just kills me not being able to take a peek under it. Is there any other way to view wiki info right now? Or if not, is there any way dev could do a hard dump of info from the wiki that you could download?  Y'know, just as a temporary band-aid. Id even take a messy and unorganized notepad doc, I'm just craving info.
p.s. thanks for all the hard work, mod is cool as hell

Is there any wiki or something for the mod? A couple of questions:

My dorfs are becoming "hurror summoner"s, does anyone know what that means? "Good" old necromancers? 0.0

My major keeps asking for "seal of armok", anyone know what that is and how to craft it?

Those can be crafted in the Dark Ages Toy Factory!

Good news, work has already begun on "Dark Ages V" for Steam! -I will make a strong effort to publish a guidebook in 2022.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 04:09:46 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [DevLog] [Steam Build]
« Reply #1228 on: November 06, 2022, 11:22:10 pm »

Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [ DevLog ]
01: With the announcement of the soon release of a massively upgraded vanilla DF, work can officially resume on the next DA:5 update... I always want players to be surprised by new content so there won't be many spoilers. But, I am refining and streamlining the mod from the ground up for the new visual version of DF. It will again be an add-on mod, meaning no vanilla content will be removed.
Hyper World History Generation in Dwarf Fortress is what defines the Dark Ages mod. Each new release of vanilla DF, world generation dramatically changes so I will gradually be adding sinister populations -until the DF world generator and DA:5 work as smoothly as possible together. To this end, only the best most unique monsters and content will make the jump to the Steam version initially. As always it's important to get a good strong feeling for how the new vanilla DF plays and generates worlds so that the DA:5 mod impact is clear and worthwhile.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 11:29:17 pm by GM-X »

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [ Devlog:01 ] [Steam Build]
« Reply #1229 on: November 08, 2022, 09:20:11 am »

Sounds awesome, will be jumping back into this on steam release, when it’s ready!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 92