Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 448010 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [Vanilla+Horror] [ Devlog:02 ] [Steam Build]
« Reply #1230 on: November 10, 2022, 04:54:15 pm »

Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [ DevLog ]
02: The strange mood has continued... Steady progress is being made in the raws and pixel art towards the sooner than later release of the Dark Ages: V mod.
Even if the Steam workshop is delayed by Toady One, I will release the mod as soon as it worth playing. -Looking closely under the hood again, I'm seeing years of modifications that can be condensed or injected into fortresses mode more effectively. Since the Steam release of Dwarf Fortress will not feature Adventure Mode right away, a lot of Dark Ages: V content I don't have to worry about yet. I'm seeing the very developed Lizard People content (for example), as being too redundant with animal populations in vanilla and lacking dark age atmosphere. While other more terrifying entities, curses, and complications are rarely encountered in Fortress Mode. I'm dropping Legendary Dwarves as a playable race, and will instead find ways to introduce their nearly identical brethren: Druidic Dwarves into vanilla forts.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 08:20:29 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [ Devlog:03 ] [Steam Build]
« Reply #1231 on: November 19, 2022, 07:55:54 pm »

03: I'm happy with how Dark Ages: V is developing since the last entry... The raws have come to life. I'm seeing many ways to intensify the experience of living in a dark age version of Dwarf Fortress... Most of the hours developing have been in condensing and enriching the core cast of entities and monsters. Right now, I'm hoping for 40+ denizens to launch quickly after the Premium Dwarf Fortress Steam release. A good sample of content to test world gen stability and hyper-history trends.
I'm making DA:5 less dependent on embark location than previously. -There will be fewer safe places from dark ages forces, which now intrude on all civilizations to some extent.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 08:11:22 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [ Devlog:04 ] [Premium Edition]
« Reply #1232 on: November 27, 2022, 03:44:23 pm »

04: If Toady One releases  Premium Dwarf Fortress as planned on December 6th, 2022 then time is getting short for a quick release of Dark Ages: V.
Important mods were made in the past week on monster populations, spells, and physical powers and abilities. A few more monsters went extinct. Most supernatural creatures are ageless now instead of only just living thousands of years. Almost a spoiler: I've been elaborating/cataloging dark age spells and magical spheres (Elemental, Light, Dark). The fuller development of all undead denizens and their magical diseases in DA:5 is underway...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:45:31 am by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:05] [Premium Edition]
« Reply #1233 on: December 05, 2022, 10:50:45 pm »

Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [DevLog]
05: A massive refinement of dark ages mod happened this past week. Monster population adjustments, better abilities, enhanced body parts, more evenly spread powers, removal of outdated tags, etc. Silver weapons are more effective than ever. Even more cryptid monsters have been added in DA:5 along with some scary new pixel art.

There was no real hope to refit the entire mod in one month. Today I realized that adventurers had been overlooked in the revision storm. They were intended for Adventure mode but also exist as NPCs in worlds. I concentrated on monsters that can profoundly terrify most fortresses and that are somewhat well known. Documentation is not going to happen yet, as usual, but post here or on Steam and I will hot fix any issues.

As it turns out, there may not be a way to modify World Gen Parameters at launch on the Dwarf Fortress Steam Workshop. I may have to publish them elsewhere. Without that there will be no hyper-history effect which is devastating, but, underscores the work I had been doing already to spread populations of deadly monsters everywhere...

Fear is coming to your fortress soon!

:) Happy Dwarf Fortress Premium Day!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/975370/Dwarf_Fortress/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:09:37 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:06] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1234 on: December 07, 2022, 09:03:45 pm »

06: Premium Dwarf Fortress hit #1 on Steam global sales and the Bay 12 game forum crashed for most of the day! Congratulations Bay 12 Games! After playing with the (dense) new interface and providing DF tech support, I'm still placing the final touches on Dark Ages: V. Half expected 50.02 patch to be released already so I've been studying the greatly improved Legends mode with a close eye on vanilla mega beasts, necros, and procedural entities. World generation is much, much more stable and rapid in premium DF which is extremely helpful for testing DA:5.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:16:13 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:07] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1235 on: December 09, 2022, 03:28:26 pm »

07: I have 1MB of text raw content up and running in world generation and I'm sorting through the error log. Mostly errors from raws I excluded from this revision, but some welcome errors about outdated tags and broken monsters getting tagged with [DOES_NOT_EXIST] which is helpful. Generated a 250-year old DA:5 world without fixing anything. That is a first. World Generation is far more forgiving in 50.x. I'm obligated to wait for the release of 50.03 since it was mentioned as forthcoming soon...

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:20:52 pm by GM-X »

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:07] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1236 on: December 10, 2022, 12:21:35 am »

I'm really looking forward to seeing this mod on the Steam version! Thanks for all your hard work

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:08] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1237 on: December 12, 2022, 07:36:13 am »

08: After a long slog Dark Ages: V hyper history is playing well with Premium. Tonight I've generated some of the most active worlds I've seen to date. I thought it might get released today, but turned out to be physically impossible. Here are few images of where things are at:

EragonRagnold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:08] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1238 on: December 16, 2022, 05:01:52 pm »

so how goes the mod? are you going to make a steam workshop page soon?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:09] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1239 on: December 18, 2022, 04:53:47 pm »

Sounds awesome, will be jumping back into this on steam release, when it’s ready!
so how goes the mod? are you going to make a steam workshop page soon?

09: Hi EragonRagnold, thank you all for waiting... I could release it now, but... I am play testing, adjusting populations, and experimenting. There are some kinks with displaying certain tiles. Not having the arena, legends viewer, or adventure mode makes most mod content invisible. Since most every thing updated requires players to roll a new world, I don't want to release until I'm sure all glaring issues are resolved.

The new plan is to release the perpetually updated Dark Ages Lore Guidebook and a Premium Mythos Monster Tileset as follows:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 12:15:51 am by GM-X »

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:09] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1240 on: December 18, 2022, 05:01:34 pm »

That seems fair to me! I'd be happy to pay a bit for the adventure mode of this mod :)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Devlog:09] [Steam Workshop]
« Reply #1241 on: December 18, 2022, 11:37:23 pm »

I just about jumped for joy when I read you are following DF to steam. Iv played with your mod off and on for many years now. I think at one point you added a rhinoceros man to the mod because of my playthroughs where I was hoarding lead tablets and seeking every artifact

I don't get online much but Im hype to get this mod when it drops. Most of my favorite forts and adventurers ever involved this mod.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [Steam Countdown]
« Reply #1242 on: December 26, 2022, 04:26:36 pm »

That seems fair to me! I'd be happy to pay a bit for the adventure mode of this mod :)

Thank you. The core content will remain free, but Monster Mythos Tileset is turning out very special and the guidebook will be high quality.

I just about jumped for joy when I read you are following DF to steam. Iv played with your mod off and on for many years now. I think at one point you added a rhinoceros man to the mod because of my playthroughs where I was hoarding lead tablets and seeking every artifact

I don't get online much but Im hype to get this mod when it drops. Most of my favorite forts and adventurers ever involved this mod.

Hello again flyteofheart! I will never forget your epic adventures. When Adventure mode drops on Steam I will massively update all adventure mode content. Your feedback and reports will be welcome, whenever you are able to get online.

Dark Ages V is about to release on Steam within a few hours! Discuss the mods/add-ons here. Here is the updated list of compatible mods: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2902605069
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 05:54:31 pm by GM-X »

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.0]
« Reply #1243 on: December 27, 2022, 12:17:56 pm »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 10:05:28 pm by jolibee »

Rato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.0]
« Reply #1244 on: December 27, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »

Any DFFD link or alternative for Itch users?
This used to be my go-to mod in classic.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 91