Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DwarfMockup - a graphical blueprint design tool  (Read 62736 times)

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DwarfMockup - a graphical blueprint design tool
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 02:50:58 pm »

Just want to say that I really like this tool, and it's a shame that it's been pushed so far back. I hope the creator is still working on it.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 08:48:20 am »

This tool is actually rather amazingly handy. I started messing around with it recently and finding it very useful. It could stand ability to edit the configuration in the interface and maybe some other tweaks but seems to be working quite effectively. Hope to see more on this in the future.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:55:52 am by xaldin »

maestrod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 03:00:19 pm »

Is it possible to build walls and floors with this tool?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 07:17:28 pm »

Is it possible to get different tilesets into the tool? Aka drag and drop them into a folder and select one you want?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 10:40:11 pm »

Is it possible to get different tilesets into the tool? Aka drag and drop them into a folder and select one you want?

• User-configurable graphics packs (mot very user-friendly, though !  :) ) - Mayday is packaged by default,
  • User-configurable fonts

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 11:25:20 pm »

• User-configurable graphics packs (mot very user-friendly, though !  :) ) - Mayday is packaged by default,
  • User-configurable fonts
I honestly did not see that. -.- But I tried changing the tileset, there is nothing about it in the config or the readme. There is the line "# tiles_name = mayday # png extension automatically added" in the confic, but no actual mayday.png anywhere to be found.

I think my question was more likely: HOW do I change tilesets? ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
  • ... taken by a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 12:44:40 pm »

I think my question was more likely: HOW do I change tilesets? ^^

I'm new around here and to dwarf fortress in general, and instead of playing it I've embarked myself in trying to customize a tileset to my liking XD, so was franticaly looking for something like this to see how my changes affect the graphics "in game". But I digress...

I found how you can change the tileset:

• First you create a folder (named "tiles" for example) inside the directory where you have the program.
  • Then you put inside that folder the tileset you want to try, a png image.
  • Third, inside dwarfmockup.conf change this lines:
Code: [Select]
# tiles_dir = .
# tiles_name = mayday # png extension automatically added
# tile_size = 16

To look like this:

Code: [Select]
tiles_dir = ./tiles
tiles_name = Spacefox # png extension automatically added
tile_size = 16

Where Spacefox is the name you used for the tileset (no need to add the .png)

Result:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lines to change:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[EDIT] By the way, in the same config file you should change the line that says: statue = 64 for statue = 234. By default it points to the wrong tile, I guess the tiles "adresses" changed since this was made
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:07:39 pm by Dibujor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 09:47:26 pm »

Thank you so much. :)

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 03:04:18 am »

My pleasure :), glad to help.

It would be awesome if it had more types of elements (fortifications, workshops,etc) to see, it would be awesome to check tilesets on the fly (for noobs like me anyway, I haven't played the game properly, so I don't have a save to check on advanced tiles like fortifications, engravings, weapons and armor, etc) in fact I am a bit surprised there's no utility like that.

But I understand this was intended "just" to make plans for quickfort. In order to see other elements though,  you can "play" with the values in the config file, directing the elements already there to other tiles you want to see "in game"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 10:15:15 am »

If you want to see some tileset previews next to each other, you can download Masterwork 6.2, open the manual and go to "RawAdditions:Tilesets" and see 25 previews. Doesnt matter if you play vanilla or mods, the tilesets will look the same.

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 11:28:27 am »

Thank you for the info.  Masterwork is something I definitely want to try.  Although I've been watching let's plays of DF for over a year now, I just played for the first time a week ago so I want to understand the vanilla game before diving into more complexity.  I'll look at the manual though. Awesome work on that btw.

Anyway, I was referring to trying customized tilesets (I really didn't explain myself so the confusion is understandable).  I just begun to play and seems I'm a bit masochist. I'm trying my hand at customizing spacefox for me, but I have no real experience or knowledge of how the tiles will look once in game and I have different variations of some tiles to choose from.  That's why I mentioned this falls a bit short for seeing the complete tileset in game, unless you play with the config file to change the directions of the tiles.

Thank you, though :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:48:26 pm by Dibujor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 12:48:24 pm »

Where'd you hear about Masterwork?

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 12:58:06 pm »

Me? ,  we'll I've been visiting this forums for a long time since I first knew about DF, but I'm not sure if I first knew about Masterwork here or on YouTube.  Why?,  now  you got me curious  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:52:43 pm by Dibujor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 01:03:39 pm »

i'm curious

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile