Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DwarfMockup - a graphical blueprint design tool  (Read 62594 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DwarfMockup - a graphical blueprint design tool
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 04:12:32 am »

i'm curious

Oh, there's that then :D
He is just trying to wrap his head around the fact that people hear a lot about MasterworkDF, while hearing so little about other mods.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
  • ... taken by a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 08:59:32 am »

He is just trying to wrap his head around the fact that people hear a lot about MasterworkDF, while hearing so little about other mods.

Well, once you get into dwarf fortress you hear about other mods (although I'm most interested in graphical things, comes with the job). But if you don't dig too much into the game and just know about it from youtube (I don't know if I first knew about the game from Aavak or Arumba on YT) then you more than likely only know about Masterwork, as I see it, ouside the forums, Masterwork is THE mod.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 07:33:58 pm »

PTW
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 12:17:46 am »

Well, once you get into dwarf fortress you hear about other mods (although I'm most interested in graphical things, comes with the job). But if you don't dig too much into the game and just know about it from youtube (I don't know if I first knew about the game from Aavak or Arumba on YT) then you more than likely only know about Masterwork, as I see it, ouside the forums, Masterwork is THE mod.

And calling that a bad situation makes me a hater, yeah.

(not yelling at you, just whining in general)

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 05:16:58 am »

Don't worry, I don't take it personally :)

I don't think it's a good situation either, there are lots of people moding and adding to the game. I was just giving my impressions of how I, as a newcomer to dwarf fortress, see it (and I might be wrong). DF is a pretty obscure game by means of it's complexity and it appeals to a pretty niche market. Youtubers had discovered the game to many (like me) and among those youtubers there seems to be two trends, those who play the vanilla game (i'm not counting tilesets as mods) and those who play Masterwork DF, so that's why Masterwok is known outside of this forums (at least to those who know about DF in the first place). To be fair, Masterwork adds A LOT of content to the game.

Again I'm just a newcomer and I might have got this all wrong :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 09:54:07 am »

I don't mind the discussion and are always open to chime in, but I think it would be best to not do it in this thread.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 10:21:14 am »

Yep, you're right.  I didn't think It was a discussion but I  can see now how I can be wrong and where this can go from here.  I'm sorry.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 04:21:05 pm »

a tool that offers a DF-like interface

Why would you ever do this, you cruel fool?

Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 01:03:28 pm »

If there's any development at all still going on with this, I'd suggest adding in some mouse control--something like how the mousequery dfhack utility works would be excellent. I use mousequery for designations in DF, and so am completely unused to its normal interface.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2015, 04:49:42 pm »

That would be cool, as would supporting colour schemes to get fully general visualisation.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Toskin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2015, 05:36:46 am »

Is there any option or planned feature to plan walls ? Like for, structures above land.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 11:20:03 am »

Bug report:
A negative value saved into the "start(x;y; )" field of the .csv files creates a hyphen, causing the save to become unreadable. This happened when I moved the center marker just outside the bottom-left corner of the screen because it was irritating me. It seems to be caused by having the center marker too far to the North or West of your design. Maximum negative value is -251 from placing at opposite corners. This doesn't occur in the other field because the coordinates are guaranteed to be positive. (I'm not entirely sure how that z-coordinate is maintained, seeing as how it only seems to range from 0 to 7.)

Feature request:
Option to hide that annoying blinking center marker.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:53:10 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2015, 12:50:28 pm »

I just wanna say this is an awesome tool i love it!

All the other versions of this like the one where you save pictures and than it converts it for quickfort NEVER seem to work for me.

And with his awesome tool i can  easily make my own custom designs.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2016, 10:39:43 pm »

I also wanna drop by and say this is an awesome tool. THANK YOU for making this. i also cant seem to get this converter shit to work. but your mod is great and lets me bypass that.

fredsen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 02:17:55 pm »

Bug report:
A negative value saved into the "start(x;y; )" field of the .csv files creates a hyphen, causing the save to become unreadable.
Feature request:
Option to hide that annoying blinking center marker.

Bug fixed & new feature implemented !   :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4