Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.12 Released  (Read 26247 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.40.12 Released
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

This release has some more bug fixes in it, mostly related to healthcare, prisoners and morale.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Made dwarves that fall unconscious while going to rest or sleep location not get stuck on the spot
   (*) Fixed symptoms of wrestling error that could cause dwarves to freeze in place forever
   (*) Stopped civs from sending a squad when they failed to find thieves/snatchers to send (led to small sieges in the first year)
   (*) Allowed recover wounded jobs to bring dwarves to hospital floor if no beds are available
   (*) Stopped recover wounded jobs from bringing dwarves to non-hospital beds
   (*) Made caged/chained people request water/food with proper frequency

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Made doctors remove dwarves from traction properly (checks weekly)
   (*) Made dwarves move/get moved to new hospital more quickly if old hospital is removed
   (*) Roots function as ramp walls properly now
   (*) Can cross ramps covered by bridges in adventure mode
   (*) Made critters that join up with your adventurer stop traveling if they were on a journey
   (*) Made critters with entity-based army duties unwilling to join adventurers
   (*) Stopped critters joined with you from considering moving, joining armies and other issues
   (*) Added ability to repeat, suspend and cancel jobs from unit/job lists
   (*) Made civ-level nobles attached to locations (e.g. barons) include their site in their name when possible
   (*) Made dwarves that have been grabbed for chaining/etc. cancel their jobs properly
   (*) Stopped certain events (like giving birth, resting or getting an artifact mood) from causing a working dwarf to suspend jobs for the whole fort
   (*) Stopped chained mothers from seeking wandering infants
   (*) Changed name of chaining/other jobs to include target instead of saying "animal" for everybody
   (*) Made certain creatures like minotaurs act less civilized (requires LARGE_PREDATOR in raws)
   (*) Stopped alarm moods from persisting long beyond event itself
   (*) Made non-soldier adventure companions not default to flight (this could include giant demons, etc.)
   (*) Stopped companions with stranger-kill ethics from starting no-quarter fights with strangers the party meets
   (*) Made stranger-kill creatures respect their own prisoners/etc.
   (*) Stopped adventure mode critters from persisting on outmoded paths when destination has changed
   (*) Made sure dipscripts were loaded in the same order on different platforms (Quietust)
   (*) Trading a worthless item for a non-worthless item no longer results in you initiating a robbery
   (*) Wooden chests brought by elven traders are grown now
   (*) Seeds that should be edible raw in adv mode are now edible
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:17:31 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.12 Released
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 01:52:24 pm »

Wooo! :D
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:01:07 pm »

Thanks Toady!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »

Nice, thanks. :)

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 02:20:25 pm »

Yayayay!!

(*) Allowed recover wounded jobs to bring dwarves to hospital floor if no beds are available
   (*) Made dwarves move/get moved to new hospital more quickly if old hospital is removed

Will people move them to a bed when one does become available? And just to confirm, they do stop crashing the game and teleporting to a bed for surgery if they were sitting on the floor now, yes?

If they don't move dwarves sitting on floors to new beds, would it help to unzone and then rezone the hospital to reset this behavior as a "new hopsital zone"?

Quote from: Toady One
   (*) Added ability to repeat, suspend and cancel jobs from unit/job lists

Love how this is thrown in with the list as if it's no big deal...
This is fantastic!!  :-*

(*) Made certain creatures like minotaurs act less civilized (requires LARGE_PREDATOR in raws)

Had a minotaur gore a dwarven liason in the lungs and then grab his nose and just stood there and held that nose until the guy suffocated. I personally found that stupidly awesome, but ah well.  :D

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:53:26 pm »

Huh. According to file_changes.txt, creature_standard.txt should have received changes, but my diff utility says that there were absolutely no changes to raw/objects.
Ed - That's the linux download, in case it matters.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 03:16:46 pm »

Huh.  I wonder what happened.  I copied the folders over, but the LARGE_PREDATOR tags are all missing.

edit: In any case, the whole change is just putting LARGE_PREDATOR on all of the semi/megabeasts.  It'll be in the next version, whenever that is, but it's fine to do it in your save/regular raws as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:20:59 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:27:36 pm »

Thanks for the rapid-fire updates; keep them coming please!  :)

Had a minotaur gore a dwarven liason in the lungs and then grab his nose and just stood there and held that nose until the guy suffocated. I personally found that stupidly awesome, but ah well.  :D
Hah! That is f'ed up.  :D
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:45:53 pm »

Yay! Finally... I had one dwarf sit in the traction bench and die, one dwarf stay at an old hospital and never leaves, and a whole bunch of other hospital related problems.
Question: could you make it so candy floss and candy cloth doesn't get used by medics? I was forced to kill my chief medical dwarf when he used a bunch to heal a hunter.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 04:09:16 pm »

Yay! Finally... I had one dwarf sit in the traction bench and die, one dwarf stay at an old hospital and never leaves, and a whole bunch of other hospital related problems.
Question: could you make it so candy floss and candy cloth doesn't get used by medics? I was forced to kill my chief medical dwarf when he used a bunch to heal a hunter.
Bug report for the case of using adamantine for suturing.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 04:15:03 pm »

Awesome update again. Some sweets for fort mode, some sweets for adventurers. Everybody should be happy here!

One small note: cartilage and nail still don't have healing rates in their tissue_template_default raws
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 04:26:52 pm »

Thanks for the update!

Toady, is there a particular reason why this bug has not been fixed in the 2014 releases although you mentioned it as fixed in 2013? Not trying to bother you, just curious if it's an oversight or something. (And actually I haven't tested in the new version, just going by the dev log info.)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 04:46:31 pm »

Toady, is there a particular reason why this bug has not been fixed in the 2014 releases although you mentioned it as fixed in 2013? Not trying to bother you, just curious if it's an oversight or something. (And actually I haven't tested in the new version, just going by the dev log info.)

The bug probably has other causes that haven't been fixed, in addition to the one mentioned in the 2013 devlog.  It wouldn't be unusual.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 04:52:08 pm »

Thanks for the update!

Yeah it was supposedly fixed, but apparently not fully yet.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 05:27:52 pm »

Thank you very much for that new wave of bugfixes, since the original df2014 release you have done an amazing job at fixing so many of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3