Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.12 Released  (Read 26368 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.12 Released
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 02:22:24 am »

(*) Stopped civs from sending a squad when they failed to find thieves/snatchers to send (led to small sieges in the first year)

*weeps tears of gratitude*

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 10:25:54 am »

Toady One, you might want to take a look at the save I'm posting at http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7161 I got attacked out of no-freaking-where, I'm already dead in the save, but maybe you can use the devtools to check this out, which is really strange.

Edit: Caught a save at the start of the apparent event.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:49:50 am by smjjames »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »

Am I the only one being tripped up by the fact that you now zoom to a unit on the unit list using "z", and that "c" now cancels a dwarf's job? I'd change they keybinding, but it seems set to the same binding as the workshops' cancel job key.

(*) Stopped civs from sending a squad when they failed to find thieves/snatchers to send (led to small sieges in the first year)

*weeps tears of gratitude*
I still got an early siege, but the save file had it happen on both 40.11 and 40.12 so it was probably already inbound when I saved.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 03:47:01 pm »

Am I the only one being tripped up by the fact that you now zoom to a unit on the unit list using "z", and that "c" now cancels a dwarf's job? I'd change they keybinding, but it seems set to the same binding as the workshops' cancel job key.
It'll take a lot of getting used to, that's certain.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vindicator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 04:55:20 pm »

I'll have to update!  If it weren't for the natural defensiveness of my terrain (a river flowing into a roughly "v" shaped canyon that redirects the river two ways, effectively splitting the map into thirds) I would surely have been overwhelmed by a goblin squad that showed up along with some kobolds who grew kobolder  :D  Once the bright side, the golbinite is useful and the canyon is full of carp to feed the prisoners too

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:55 pm »

Is it safe to bring a 40.11 save forward to .12? I've got a brilliant embark I don't want to lose.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 01:02:13 pm »

Is it safe to bring a 40.11 save forward to .12? I've got a brilliant embark I don't want to lose.
Yes. I've been starting 40.03 saves in 40.12 with no problem. You can always back up the save, and/or keep the 40.11 install around if you somehow do get troubles anyway.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ghoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 08:44:24 am »

I just wanted to express my thanks again for all the quick bug fixes - really very much appreciated. One balancing issue that would be great to have fixed though would be the melting exploits... Its just too easy to find yourself duplicating metal when your short, rather than going at it the hard way...

As many I'm sure have said before me - please keep up the good work!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 09:03:33 am »

I just wanted to express my thanks again for all the quick bug fixes - really very much appreciated. One balancing issue that would be great to have fixed though would be the melting exploits... Its just too easy to find yourself duplicating metal when your short, rather than going at it the hard way...

Bug reports:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6026
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6027

Those haven't been confirmed for 0.40.x -- please leave a comment at the reports if they're still present.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 02:22:37 pm »

This bug is still outstanding:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6070

Try to fix it in the next release if you can.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

This bug is still outstanding:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6070

Try to fix it in the next release if you can.

Toady often needs a save that demonstrates the bug.  Please upload one to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and post the link at the report.

Ghoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 02:55:13 pm »

Bug reports:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6026
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6027

Those haven't been confirmed for 0.40.x -- please leave a comment at the reports if they're still present.

Just tested on my current fort. An enormous corkscrew took 1 bar of copper to make, and when I melted two back down, I get three copper bars. I am assuming that with other metals it has remained the same, so should the bug be updated to this release as well?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 03:42:07 pm »

Just tested on my current fort. An enormous corkscrew took 1 bar of copper to make, and when I melted two back down, I get three copper bars. I am assuming that with other metals it has remained the same, so should the bug be updated to this release as well?

I don't know what version your current fort is using.  Generally, we leave the "Product Version" field alone so that it's easy to see how long the bug has been around.  However, if you're using 0.40.12, I can update the report to "confirmed".

Ghoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »

Indeed, I generated the world and tested in 40.12 - it really would be great to have some of these balancing issues fixed - some of the trade prices need looking at as well... But if new versions keep coming out like they are, hopefully we won't have too long to wait...

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:17 am »

(*) Seeds that should be edible raw in adv mode are now edible

Is this restricted to adventure mode? I think it'd be quite annoying if our beards started gobbling up our rock nuts and hemp seeds in fort mode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3