Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75

Author Topic: Perplexicon: A New Arena: Ambition still doesn't pay.  (Read 114075 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You might as well try to grab me and fall off with me so you can...

... go out in a blaze of glory.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Delekates is now written into the turn.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

blazing glory

You might as well try to grab me and fall off with me so you can...

... go out in a blaze of glory.
((Hrm...))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh. sry :D
Going towards stairs.
You sent the word you wanted to say to my e-mail. Not the first time a thing like this happened, but do try to send me PMs on the forums instead. I don't check my e-mail too often.

To answer the question from the message - 1 POT is not 1 spell.

1 POT is 1 roll of the dice. Depending on the roll you either get -1, 0, 1 or 2 points. You need to have an equal or higher number than the DC of all the words you used in your spell in order to successfully cast it. Having less than that means that the spell fizzles. Having less than 0 points means that I check if I can hurt you with your spell - if I can, then the spell backfires in a way that may end with your death. If I can't inflict any harm on you, then the spell simply fizzles.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

then sry, i dont understand what is PM on forums :(
pm always was personal mail. As i know  ::)
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem.

Next time you give me an action just click my nickname and then you should see a "Send PM" thing. Use that.

Alternatively, click the text bubble looking thing under my avatar.

FAKEEDIT: Actually, I just made it impossible to send me emails now to make things easier.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yep that makes things easyer. Thanks!
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"The <3 has almost overtaken you!"

Just a bit more <3!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still need Beirus and NAV to post their actions. Might even have a turn up today if I get them.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*puts pressure on Berius and NAV to give the GM their actions*
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

NAV sent his action
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know. Working on the turn right now. Check back in in about 30-60 minutes.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know I sent a thing already.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Damnit.

I read a name wrong. Gotta remake part of the turn. I was already finished too!

Delekates, rejoice. You nearly got killed with a murdervolley of arrows from NAV because I thought that was you he wanted to kill.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Perplexicon: A New Arena: Superglued to the floor.
« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2015, 05:30:32 pm »

Turn 45
"What's up with all these evaporating weapons?" Larnik grumbles to himself.
This is no time to grumble about weapons disappearing! This is time for SCIENCE!

[POT:6,1,3,4=2 < DC:3. One word dropped]

You summon a pile of various internal organs. They are slightly steaming, as if recently removed from a still living being.
weave the wires into a net!
[endlessblaze SPD:6+1=7]
[Fake!Derm SPD:3+1=4]

Endlessblaze weaves the copper wires into a small net of sorts. He's pretty sure it won't really work to immobilize people, with it being mostly rigid and all. And only slightly bigger than his arm.

[Fake!Derm POT:1,6,1,2,1,5,2,6,4,4=4 = DC:4]
[Fake!Derm DEX:1+1=2]
[endlessblaze SPD:5+1=6]

Suddenly a few arrows hit a tree next to him. Followed by them is a guy made out of aluminum charging at him with a halberd.

[Fake!Derm DEX:3+1+1=3]
[endlessblaze SPD:6+1=7]

He stabs at endlessblaze but misses completely.
Thank you, NAV, for accidentally helping me determine the effects of some words. You have a slightly higher chance of dying last (before me, my friends, and waitlisters).

Say ewtuml three times or until I get at least one sharp stone, whichever one comes first (one pot each time). Use any remaining pot to engrave ewtuml into my flesh.

"The hour of the apocalypse is at hand."
Quote from: Beirus
PM
[Manipulator SPD:5-1=4]
[Beirus SPD:5+1=6]

Before The Manipulator can begin casting his spells, Beirus suddenly runs into the Grand Hall with his whip blade already moving towards the hooded figure.

[Beirus DEX:1+1=2]
[Manipulator SPD:2-1=1]

It flies wildly off target, but his victim - being surprised by the attack - accidentally jumps right into its path.

[Beirus STR:4]
[Manipulator END:5-1=4]

The adamantine edge easily embeds itself deep inside of The Manipulator's chest. While he's lucky it didn't stab through anything too important, he's still bleeding all over the place.

The Manipulator: Torso - [Pain], [Heavy Bleeding]

[Manipulator POT:3=0 < DC:1]
[Manipulator POT:5=1 = DC:1]

While nothing happens on the hooded man's first try, his second one successfully summons a small pile of stones. He picks one of the sharper looking ones and proceeds to carve "Ewtuml" into his arm.

[Manipulator POT:5=1 = DC:1]
[Manipulator END:3-1=2 vs DC:1]

Starting from where he cut the word into his flesh, he gradually turns into stone. In a few moments, he is rock hard. And not leaking blood.

The Manipulator: Personal Imbuement: Stone, pain and bleeding no longer applies.
oh. sry :D
Going towards stairs.
Delekates walks towards the stairs, moving by a guy who suddenly gets stabbed and then turns into stone.

[Delekates POT:2=0 < DC:5]

Nothing happens.
Attempt to throw myself off the edge.

E:Take Toaster's <3 Dispenser while I'm doing it.
"The <3 has almost overtaken you!"

Just a bit more <3!
[Starn SPD:6+1-2=5]
[Thrakor SPD:1+1=2]

Even though he's barely conscious at this point, Starn moves first and attempts to grab Thrakor's be<3ed <3 dispenser.

[Starn DEX:6+1-1-1-2=3]
[Thrakor SPD:1+1=2]
[Starn STR:2+2-1-2=1]
[Thrakor STR:2]

While he somehow manages to catch the revolver, he's swiftly (and weakly) pushed away by Thrakor, who fires off another spell at him.

[Thrakor POT:6,6,5,4,6,4,3,6,2,5=12 > DC:4. POT:1,2,3,5,3,6,4,1,1,4=2. 14vs4]
[Thrakor DEX:5+1=6]
[Starn SPD:1+1-1-2=-1]

A huge ball of some clear liquid materializes and launches itself at Starn, who just doesn't seem to be able to move. It hits him square in the chest, covering all of him in the fluid. The impact causes him to fall to the ground. He attempts to get up, but he's unable to - the huge ball he just got hit with was made out of superglue. A lot of superglue.

Starn: Stuck to the ground with superglue. May attempt to free himself with STR. No longer dizzy.

All Perplexicons suddenly glow with an eldritch, blue light for a short while.

Active Characters
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: swordsmith04 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Delekates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75