Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: burnedfx Graphic Set [12x12 / 24x24] - DF 0.47.04  (Read 92332 times)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: burnedfx Graphic Set [12x12 / 24x24]
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:25:13 pm »

Goodbye Phoebus and hello pixels!

It reminds me of Realm of The Mad God.....and DF certainly has one.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

MLP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »

Now I may be being silly, but i'm struggling to get this working. anyone able to upload a predone DF latest build?

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »

Thanks Bearskie and King_of_Baboons. Much appreciated.

@Bearskie I hear ya. Most of the critters are 8x12 (or less!). When you set it to use 24x24 on a 1920+ resolution it's actually just treating four pixels as one large pixel so to speak (same with the included tileset). So while a human typically uses 11x12 / 22x24 pixels a raven will use 4x3 / 8x6 pixels. But, I'm okay with that, since most birds, bats and such are represented by tile 249 (i.e. "∙") in vanilla and I prefer the humans to be bigger than the dogs to be bigger than the badger to be bigger than the birds and so on. It's not perfect, but it suits me.

@King_of_Baboons I think I recall someone attempting to create a set using oryx sprites . . . yeah, here it is.

Now I may be being silly, but i'm struggling to get this working. anyone able to upload a predone DF latest build?

I feel I was pretty thorough in the bfx_ReadMe.txt, but I do want to understand what part is unclear. If you provide me with more information, I can help you figure out what part you're struggling with.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

MLP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 05:12:23 pm »

I feel I was pretty thorough in the bfx_ReadMe.txt, but I do want to understand what part is unclear. If you provide me with more information, I can help you figure out what part you're struggling with.

it's the tileset installation, I cant find the .png files to transfer in to the art folder.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:02 pm »

it's the tileset installation, I cant find the .png files to transfer in to the art folder.

Thanks MLP. I clarified the instructions provided in the download, but specifically the tileset *.pngs you are looking for are located in Unzipped_Folder_Name > data > art

The folder structure mirrors the DF folder structure, so everything is located in its respective area (e.g. graphics folder is in raw > graphics, art folder is in data > art,  objects is in raw > objects, etc).

I hope that helps.

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

MLP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:50 pm »

Thanks MLP. I clarified the instructions provided in the download, but specifically the tileset *.pngs you are looking for are located in Unzipped_Folder_Name > data > art

The folder structure mirrors the DF folder structure, so everything is located in its respective area (e.g. graphics folder is in raw > graphics, art folder is in data > art,  objects is in raw > objects, etc).

I hope that helps.

Ah I see, it's been a while since i played around with DF files cheers. All working and looking great now.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 10:19:24 am »

Quick question:

Is your graphic set going to be in the updated version of Masterwork DF when it gets out?I feel like your gamey graphics could make a nice pair with Masterwork.

And is it possible to make diagonal walls?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:22:30 am by King_of_Baboons »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

This is definitely something I love about this graphic set.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 03:20:04 am »

I preemptively updated the graphic set in anticipation for the upcoming Inns and Taverns release. There is now a Poet, Bard, and Dancer for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin alike. This assumes the three new professions that emerge from the seven new skills haven't altered since January (devlog 01/24/2015). I also created an adventurer version for each race, since Toady mentioned adventurer artists in the last monthly report.

Toady also suggested there will be new jobs that aren't comparable to existing positions. Along with possible barkeeps and servers and the like, I suspect there might be other new positions that may crop up with temples and libraries on the horizon. Clearly another update will be needed once those are solidified.

As an aside, I made a separate Gelder sprite so it no longer just mirrors the Butcher.

Is your graphic set going to be in the updated version of Masterwork DF when it gets out?I feel like your gamey graphics could make a nice pair with Masterwork.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I am not interested in such a collaboration.

And is it possible to make diagonal walls?
There are a few 12x12 diagonal tilesets on the wiki you might like. I'd personally never use diagonal walls, but Turnip's set stands out to me. That's probably since I'm partial to Markavian's set.

This is definitely something I love about this graphic set.
Shameless.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:27:45 am by burned »

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 05:37:02 am »

Those dancers are delicious. And the bard's using ¿ as instrument is a very elegant solution. I love it.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 03:14:49 pm »

I preemptively updated the graphic set in anticipation for the upcoming Inns and Taverns release. There is now a Poet, Bard, and Dancer for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin alike. This assumes the three new professions that emerge from the seven new skills haven't altered since January (devlog 01/24/2015). I also created an adventurer version for each race, since Toady mentioned adventurer artists in the last monthly report.

Now would be a great time to add those new sprites,bro

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 07:07:23 pm »

Now would be a great time to add those new sprites,bro

I completed the set of new professions last June. But, to your credit, I didn't actually mention that they were available yet. Sorry about that!

As an aside, I updated the optional raws for anyone who uses them.

Have fun!

Edit: I copied the changelog from the bfx_ReadMe.txt into the OP as a spoiler. Thanks again King_of_Baboons.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 07:54:33 pm by burned »

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

BenjaminEdward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 04:52:33 am »

Dwarves/animals/creatures are showing up as the default ASCII icons rather than your wonderful customized ones for me.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 10:25:39 am »

Dwarves/animals/creatures are showing up as the default ASCII icons rather than your wonderful customized ones for me.

Could you list the steps you took?
Did you already have a world created prior to following the steps?
What character set are you using and is that tileset showing up?

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 02:45:44 am »

@BenjaminEdward Based on your post history, I see you found a solution to the problem. I wanted to post an update for anyone else that may run into the same issue.

For any graphic set, you need to install the graphic set in the raw folder of the save if it was previously generated with anything but said graphic set (including default ASCII/no graphics).

This is more specific in the bfx_ReadMe.txt.

It is also worth repeating . . .

. . .that the raw files are optional; the graphic set works without them. And please, don't use the raws on a game currently in progress! You'd need to generate a new world in order for them to work.

The gist is DO update your saved files; DON'T use the optional raws in your saved files.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8