Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: burnedfx Graphic Set [12x12 / 24x24] - DF 0.47.04  (Read 92458 times)

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: burnedfx Graphic Set [12x12 / 24x24]
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 11:15:35 am »

I don't get it, it looks great in your pictures but crap in my game. I even changed the tileset to yours, but the graphics still look... blurry.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I followed the instructions and it looks good now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:26:41 am by Vorox »
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 11:19:06 pm »

I don't get it, it looks great in your pictures but crap in my game. I even changed the tileset to yours, but the graphics still look... blurry.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I followed the instructions and it looks good now.

Vorox, my apologies for not jumping in to help sooner. I was away for the holidays and I just got settled back in. It sounds like the texture parameter just needed to be NEAREST, but whatever it was I'm glad you figured it out.

Regarding the 42.04 update (phew!), I posted a new snapshot in the OP and I thought I would post the change log here since it wasn't your typical update.

January 1st, 2016 (DF 0.42.04)
**  Updated Optional Raws for 42.04
**  Added 15 new giant animals; changed the way giant animals display
**  Added dwarf mode and adventurer mode specific tiles for the following:
     Amphibian Man
     Ant Man
     Bat Man
     Cave Fish Man
     Cave Swallow Man
     Leech Man
     Olm Man
     Reptile Man
     Rodent Man
     Serpent Man
     Slug Man
     Snail Man
     Tiger Man
** Note: Toady renamed a few creatures in the 42.04 update (e.g. TIGERMAN is now TIGER_MAN, TOAD_GIANT is now GIANT_TOAD, etc).
   While this set is still backwards compatible with older versions of DF, a few creatures might not display properly if you
   are using this set with an older version.

I also added 13 new screenshots on the download page for a total of 23.The top 13 are using BFX Bone color scheme and the rest are with BFX color scheme.

DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 10:54:28 am »

If only my computer had not been fried during a summer storm then i could enjoy this update  :'(
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 04:07:37 pm »

Vorox, my apologies for not jumping in to help sooner. I was away for the holidays and I just got settled back in. It sounds like the texture parameter just needed to be NEAREST, but whatever it was I'm glad you figured it out.

Regarding the 42.04 update (phew!), I posted a new snapshot in the OP and I thought I would post the change log here since it wasn't your typical update.

January 1st, 2016 (DF 0.42.04)
**  Updated Optional Raws for 42.04
**  Added 15 new giant animals; changed the way giant animals display
**  Added dwarf mode and adventurer mode specific tiles for the following:
     Amphibian Man
     Ant Man
     Bat Man
     Cave Fish Man
     Cave Swallow Man
     Leech Man
     Olm Man
     Reptile Man
     Rodent Man
     Serpent Man
     Slug Man
     Snail Man
     Tiger Man
** Note: Toady renamed a few creatures in the 42.04 update (e.g. TIGERMAN is now TIGER_MAN, TOAD_GIANT is now GIANT_TOAD, etc).
   While this set is still backwards compatible with older versions of DF, a few creatures might not display properly if you
   are using this set with an older version.

I also added 13 new screenshots on the download page for a total of 23.The top 13 are using BFX Bone color scheme and the rest are with BFX color scheme.
Thanks for this info! I thought I broke my saves!

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2016, 03:30:17 am »

January 17th, 2016 (DF 0.42.05)
**  Updated Optional Raws for 42.05
**  Added Iguana tile and updated Monitor Lizard and Gila Monster tiles

Also back in the 42.04 update I added dwarf mode and adventurer mode specific tiles for Plump Helmet Men and Gorlaks. I just failed to mention it in the update. Oops.

@King_of_Baboons I'm positive Dwarf Fortress is a damn good reason to get a new computer! I wish you luck on that endeavor.

@txtsd I actually bumped into that save error on accident, since I normally don't transfer saves. Typically creature tiles fail gracefully to their default ASCII if they aren't defined right. In other words, your game loads correctly without error even if yourgraphics.txt is out of date, names are misspelled, etc. So getting an error all of sudden threw me off. Heh.

Underscore, comma, sans underscore or sans comma creature names are good examples of definitions he may change in the future.

In any case, I'm glad the information was helpful.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:20:19 pm by burned »

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 05:03:02 pm »

I actually got a better notebook now.Graphics still look awesome.

And I don't know how to explain but the lower res of my monitor makes the tiles look like they're a little bit randomized.Go figure...

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 11:42:28 pm »

February 19th, 2016
** Changed all creature tile backgrounds to compensate for bug 2278: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2278
** Switched Princess tile in elf civ, updated High Priest tile for human civ, changed Druid base colors for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin civs
** Cleaned up some of the notes in the graphics_burned_fx.txt
** Note: Of course, this doesn't actually fix the 2278 bug and the tile will still flash, but at least it's
   more subtle and not that annoying underwater blue. Your color scheme will need [BLACK_R:0][BLACK_G:0][BLACK_B:0] for this
   to work. Alongside the default color scheme and the two color scheme options that come with this set, most
   color schemes already have these numbers.
February 10th, 2016 (DF 0.42.06)
**  Updated Optional Raws for 42.06
**  Changed mussel creature tile to common vermin tile (249) in Optional Raws.
**  Removed legacy creature definitions TOAD_GIANT, WEREWOLF, and SCORPION_DESERT_GIANT.

@King_of_Baboons That's great news regarding your new notebook.

What resolution is your notebook running?
Are you using a 12x12 or 24x24 character tileset?
Is your [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST] instead of the default [TEXTURE_PARAM:LINEAR]?

edit: Added February 19th, 2016 updates
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:44:44 pm by burned »

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »

Hey,how do I use a font from another pack with this graphic set?I want to use the PressStart2p tileset font with this.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 02:24:26 pm »

Hey,how do I use a font from another pack with this graphic set?I want to use the PressStart2p tileset font with this.

@King_of_Baboons That's great news regarding your new notebook.

What resolution is your notebook running?
Are you using a 12x12 or 24x24 character tileset?
Is your [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST] instead of the default [TEXTURE_PARAM:LINEAR]?

For higher resolutions (1920+ wide) change your_current_24_pixel_font_name.png to the_one_you_want_to_use_24_pixel_font_name.png in the graphic settings in init.txt
For lower resolutions change your_current_12_pixel_font_name.png to the_one_you_want_to_use_12_pixel_font_name.png in the graphic settings in init.txt
Also, you need [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST]. See the bfx_ReadMe.txt for more details.

Note: If the font is not 12x12 or 24x24 and/or you have [TEXTURE_PARAM:LINEAR] the graphic set will look like shit.

As of this post, The PressStart2p tileset is currently 18x18 and 18x22. You should ask Vanst7 if he'd be willing to create a version that is 12x12 or 24x24 depending on which one you need.

I hope that helps.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 11:26:03 pm »

May 10th, 2016 (DF 0.43.01)
** Compatible with DF 0.43.01

There were zero changes this round. If the next few updates are similar, I'll just confirm in the OP.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2016, 05:10:59 pm »

Is it okay to include your tileset in Lazy Noob Packs?

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2016, 02:40:19 pm »

Is it okay to include your tileset in Lazy Noob Packs?

No. I am not interested.

Good luck with your LNP and everything. =]

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 05:27:53 am »

Thanks for the luck. Just to be clear, I wasn't wanting to have your graphics pack uploaded onto GitHub; I was just wanted to make sure you'd be okay with people bundling it in Lazy Newb Packs.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 01:41:18 am »

July 5th, 2016 (DF 0.43.05)
**  Updated Optional Raws for 43.05

@jecowa I understood you the first time, but no thank you. =]

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:48 pm »

Once again, I've preemptively updated the graphic set in anticipation of the next update. For the Artifact release I've added prophets, pilgrims, monks, peddlers and petty criminals to the main four civs.

Toady plans to have the agents work similar to vampires, meaning once a cover is revealed the tile will default to a "scout type" - a military profession based on weapon skills - similar to how a vampire becomes an Ñ once accused.

On that note, I also removed a few other "scout types" - professions you can't actually specify textures for (e.g. Monster Slayers, Beast Hunters, Mercenaries, Scouts, etc). I hope to weed more out in the future (e.g. Warlords and Warriors are suspect).

I've also updated the adventurer textures and (finally!) added master level adventurer textures. The med profession was a "first aid" color scheme change, red instead of purple in most cases.

The snapshot has also been updated in the OP.

@other_graphic_set_authors The specific tokens that Toady provided for the Artifact release are as follows: PROPHET, PILGRIM, PEDDLER, MONK and CRIMINAL, subject to change before release of course.

December 19th, 2016 (DF 0.43.05)
**  Added Prophet, Pilgrim, Peddler, Monk, and Criminal to Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin civs for the upcoming Artifact release
**  Note: The new profession tokens are subject to change before the Artifact release per Toady.
**  Updated medical professions for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin civs
**  Updated adventurer textures for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin civs
**  Added master level Adventurer textures for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin civs
**  Removed "scout types" from graphics_burned_fx.txt and *.pngs
**  Note: The Monster Slayer, Beast Hunter, Mercenary, and Scout mentioned in the wiki are most likely "scout types" -
      military profession based on weapon skills.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8