Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: burnedfx Graphic Set [12x12 / 24x24] - DF 0.47.04  (Read 92343 times)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: burnedfx Graphic Set [12x12 / 24x24]
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2017, 06:36:04 am »

hei, i can't use your mod....when i try, my internet browser start to open page and i have to shut down all...
no malware found but i can't use it....  :O??

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »

@teoleo When you say you can't use it - do you mean the site or the file?

There is no malware on the download page or in the download, but your browser thinks there is? And, you're forced to shut down (the broswer, the site, the download)?

Regardless, you'll probably need to figure this out on your end.

Good luck.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2017, 12:29:46 pm »

December 18th, 2017 (DF 0.44.02)
**  Updated master level tiles for Kobold civ
**  Changed Beak dog to better match Zach's drawing
**  Updated Alligator snapping turtle, Desert tortoise, Giant desert tortoise, Snapping turtle, and Giant snapping turtle
**  Updated 015, 019, 033, 038, 063, 088, 090, 091, 093, 122, 135, 145, 146, 153, and 230 in companion tileset
**  Adjusted alignment of 225, 226, 227, and 228 in companion tileset
**  Note: The simast character tileset was updated as well sans the X and Z. The first simast variant without the updates is still available at:
      http://burnedfx.com/DF/Mkv_Anikki_cp437font_bfx_24_simast.png and http://burnedfx.com/DF/Mkv_Anikki_cp437font_bfx_24_simast.png
**  Updated instructions to include specific low resolution of "960 wide" - i.e. this set is not designd for 1366x768

The snapshot has also been updated in the OP.

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2017, 05:56:34 pm »

December 27th, 2017 (DF 0.44.03)
**  Compatible with DF 0.44.03

A little late because of the holidays, but there were zero changes that affected creature sets or the optional raws. Regardless, I updated the change log for future clarification. As before, if the next few updates are similar I'll just confirm in the change log and the OP to avoid unnecessary bumps.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2018, 02:57:05 am »

Another significant update to the companion tileset (similar to last year although I didn't rename the file).
There are also 20 new screenshots on the download page: http://burnedfx.com/gs
And, as always, the snapshot has been updated in the OP.

January 14th, 2018 (DF 44.05)
**  Updated 019, 021, 022, 024, 025, 034, 035, 039, 040, 041, 044, 046, 048, 079, 096, 123, 125, 147, 159, 177, 231, 233, 246, 249, 250, and 255 in companion tileset.
**  Updated simast variant tileset sans X and Z (see December 18th notes for original variant).
**  Adjusted colors and/or tweaked pixels for sea otter, aardvark, armadillo, blind cave ogre, cyclops, and nightwing
**  Updated Animal Caretaker for Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin civs to match companion tileset (021)
**  Adjusted elf adventurer, criminal and merchant color scheme

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:57 am »

Wow, the BFX Bone color scheme looks really good together with the creature graphics in the screenshots. Did you change the colors to match, or more directly: do you limit yourself to your color scheme palette when you do creature graphics?
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2018, 03:38:48 pm »

Thanks CLA!

Originally I just picked the colors arbitrarily with the civ professions based loosely on their ASCII counterparts. When I switched over to the BFX Bone color scheme I definitely went back and altered a lot of the creature tile colors to better "pop" (and still occasionally make adjustments), but it's all eyeballed during actual play (hence why they happen sporadically) and not limited by any sort of strict color scheme. However, the newer creature colors are often influenced by the environmental colors one typically finds those creatures in, so the BFX Bone color scheme does have some influence.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2018, 04:58:00 am »

Had to scale the graphics up to 24 when using 24 seeing as it blurred the 12, otherwise it looks great.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2018, 05:57:25 am »

Thanks KillzEmAllGod.

Also, I'm happy you figured out a solution, but if you follow step 5 and set [TEXTURE_PARAM:NEAREST] in the init.txt you shouldn't get any blurring. No need to resize anything ;]

This has come up before . . .
I don't get it, it looks great in your pictures but crap in my game. I even changed the tileset to yours, but the graphics still look... blurry.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I followed the instructions and it looks good now.

Do you think I should make it more clear in the bfx_ReadMe.txt?

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2018, 03:36:38 pm »

That didn't work for me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:46:50 pm by KillzEmAllGod »

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2018, 05:19:48 pm »

Oh!

Thanks for testing that out. You've helped me realize why that doesn't work for you (thanks to the screenshots). Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are NOT using [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD], right?

I may need to rewrite bfx_ReadMe.txt to accommodate people who would prefer a different print mode. Thanks again KillzEmAllGod!

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »

Had it on 2D.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2018, 06:05:41 pm »

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. That combo never occurred to me until today (even though 2D is default! Heh).

Related . . .

In another thread I was "thinking out loud" about this . . .

<snip>

I believe the only print mode that officially supports true type is 2D, but I'm just referencing my brain and honestly don't recall. I settled on STANDARD during all the SDL testing since it produced the best results for me. I'm not sure why 2D is the default. Maybe because it's the only one that offers true type(?) - I do remember people would need to use 2d if they had "bad OpenGL drivers" or something like that. . .

. . . Yeah, that's exactly what Baughn typed. Heh. So maybe it's default to just avoid having rendering problems in the first place(?).

</snip>

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you prefer 2D? Is it because you prefer using true type? Or something else that I may not have thought of?
I'm trying to think of the best way to address this in the updated bfx_ReadMe.txt

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2018, 06:20:21 pm »

True type. I think having a 24 and 12 set would be a better answer.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2018, 06:28:33 pm »

Yes. You're probably right.

I don't like the idea of telling someone which settings they should use outside of what is necessary for the creature tileset to work (e.g. texture parameter and now print mode?). Providing two option sizes is more reasonable than trying to force outside init.txt preferences on other people.

Thanks KillzEmAllGod

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8