Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Star Brick: Green Swirly Thing IN SPAAAAACE!  (Read 14706 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Star Brick: Ragtag Misfits IN SPAAAAACE!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

Name: Thomas Mayhew
Class: Chaplain/Doctor
Bio: Thomas was born in a backwater in the Sol Imperium, where his medicinal skills caused him to quickly rise to prominence. His conversion to a small religion that sacrificed to black holes because adherents believed they were divine portals to heaven and worshipped darkness instead of the sun, and his reluctance to rely on machines for diagnosis caused him some trouble and eventually he was forced to flee. His services were welcome on the Star Brick, where his medical skills are usually called in when inevitably someone is injured by a malfunctioning piece of equipment. He also oversees the funerals and acts as a chaplain for the more religious or superstitious people aboard the ship, and occasionally acts as a wandering preacher for congregations when planetside.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 03:55:42 pm »

Name: The Spidery Thing

Class: Tiny mechanic

Bio: EEEK! Someone squish that thing!
Actually, don't. It's quite friendly. The Spidery Thing is a small spidery looking alien that snuck onto the Star Brick one day. It doesn't say much, except for the occasional beep, but it's a good listener and never complains. It seems to have some knowledge of the ship's systems, and helps keep them running, especially valuable because of it's ability to fit in tiny places.
It can cook really good chili.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 04:09:50 pm »

Name: The Spidery Thing

Class: Tiny mechanic

Bio: EEEK! Someone squish that thing!
Actually, don't. It's quite friendly. The Spidery Thing is a small spidery looking alien that snuck onto the Star Brick one day. It doesn't say much, except for the occasional beep, but it's a good listener and never complains. It seems to have some knowledge of the ship's systems, and helps keep them running, especially valuable because of it's ability to fit in tiny places.
It can cook really good chili.
*pat pats Spidery Thing* :3

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

Gosh.

I wish I could be more constructive, but right now I can't. Nice looking ship monk!

Thank you, I had to plumb the very depths of my artistic creativity to come up with it!

I think the best part of new games is getting to read all the character applications. I'll see how long I can resist starting the game (sometime between 18 hours and Monday, I expect.)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 04:30:42 pm »

Name: Conan Jenkins

Class: Communications and systems trainee, former Librarian.

Bio: Conan is a large and imposing man with a full beard, moustache and long hair tied back into a neat ponytail. Though he is muscled and full of energy, his hair has long gone white as snow.

He has never told his real age to anyone. Hailing from a rather tribal world, he worked as a librarian on a tiny agricultural planet for years after being picked up by a salvage ship in his youth. After some failed harvests the economy on the planet crashed, leading to the farmers using the books for heating their homes. Conan had then took a job on the very forst ship he could find, which was probably the second worst mistake in his life. 

The ragtag bunch of misfits on this ship obviously had no need of a librarian, Conan wasn't even sure if most of these people could read. He thus managed to procure some textbooks, such as  "spaceship systems 101: an idiots guide to not accidentally shutting of the oxygen supply", and became proficient enough at using the consoles to use the basic systems without killing everyone on board. In his free time Conan enjoys working out and reading. He is currently reading "grammar for dummies" for about the hundreth time. Even though he was rescued from his tribal homeworld, the rules of grammar are still a bit of a problem up until this day.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 04:11:51 am »

Name: Skirri
Class: Meddling Scavenger
Bio: Standing all of 5'2", Skirri was never exactly the cream of the Cphetei IV Marine Corp's crop. Attempts to turn her into a medic and/or scout had mixed success, her boundless enthusiasm matched only by her tendency towards distraction and unorthodoxy. She insisted on studying everything, routinely had bouts of "inspiration" regarding thoroughly unsound medical and technical practices, and universally attempted to salvage anything not bolted down on the premise that it might at some point become useful or interesting. Her patent refusal to stop attempting to take C-3u2 larval specimens alive was the final straw in seeing her relegated to the role of noncombat mechanic, where her creative adjustment of a Cybat hoverbike with a busted echo coupling into a flamethrower turret on wheels was the final straw in seeing her placed on "special assignments"- first officially and then by way of shipping container.

A dejected Skirri immediately signed onto a visiting Xorithi merchant's vessel hoping to prove and hone her talent. The lampreylike merchant appreciated her reckless and unique integration of alien artifacts as a form of art, but sadly this did not prevent him from losing her in a card game. Her new captain, a sluglike Morgari, was evidently not quite so cultured, and after several failed attempts to get her to stop breaking his things simply handed her a junky old podship to be rid of her.

Purely by coincidence, it did not take this vessel very long to break down, leaving her stranded in a debris field. Fortunately the Star Brick was nearby and none too picky, thereby starting the next chapter in Skirri's illustrious career.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 07:40:21 am »

Name:
Charlie V. Bricke

Class:
Janitor Preserver of Horizontal Surfaces

Description:
Charlie studied hard to become the best mop user in the galaxy, and oh boy, would he fail as hard, he would splatter. He got his Space Janitor Certificate, got drunk, and used the paper to make a joint, then proceed to smoke that enormous amount of pot. When he sobered up, he realized his mistake, and to handle the stress, he became an alcoholic. During his fight to stay alive, he accidentally learned a bit or two about loading various torpedoes into launchers.  One day, when he drunk all of the alcohol on a certain station, he had to fend off his drinking buddies with a broom. You can say that Charlie is a professional marine for a damn sure!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 02:00:25 pm »

Name: Fredrick "Rick" McHenry
Class: Mad Chef
Bio: Rick always dreamed of serving as a chef aboard an imperial starship, making meals of exotic creatures and serving them to alien diplomats. Too bad he sucked at cooking, at least in the traditional sense. His meals rarely come out as anything that could be described as "appetizing" or even "tolerable", but he has a certain talent for making just about anything edible, even things that would normally be hazardous to organic life. And when when he does get a hold of normal ingredients, he has a habit of making things which may not meet any of the technical qualifications of "food", but nonetheless often exhibit some rather interesting and occasionally useful properties.

None of the ships he's served aboard have been particularly appreciate of his talents, however, until he ended up on the Star Brick, where his ability to make meals out of random crap has allowed to them just barely scrape by. Not that many have actually appreciated the taste of them, but Rick has put enough holes in the ship with laser blasts and thrown concoctions most hold their complaints for only his most grievous of culinary sins. And Rick has kind of gotten his wish, since there are more strange lifeforms growing on and/or crawling around the ship than your average planet, which he prepares to variant success, and the crew may not be alien diplomats, but they have enough strange customs and anatomies among them that Rick can occasionally pretend that he's actually living his dream. If only they would stop complaining.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »

Name: Tarmo
Class: Aspiring Space Angler
Bio: When Tarmo was young he used to be a very exciting person, but everything around him felt dull, at least to him. This all changed when he first took part in a fishing contest. He started fishing and felt the excitement build up inside him. When would the fish bite, would it bite at all, would it even be a fish? So many questions popped into his head. This was when he transformed. He himself became very dull, but everything around him now felt very exciting, at least to him.

Tarmo then quickly became the most skilled fisher on his planet, winning many competitions. He even managed to catch the infamous Lame Larry, one of the four monster fishes of his planet. Lame Larry wasn't the only monster fish Tarmo was going to catch. In the next couple of years he would track down the notorious twin monsters, Inferior Larry and Larry the Strong. After catching them, only one fish worthy of his attention remained. The biggest, meanest thing that the vast bodies of water in his homeland could hold, the Awesome Alfredo.

It was a dark and stormy night, when their battle took place. At first it was just the night, but neither would give in. The night turned into day, days turned into weeks, weeks tu- oh wait! The battle took only three weeks, and the winner of this bloody struggle was Tarmo. He was soon considered a national hero, and the curious people asked what would he do now? Tarmo answered by pointing up to the sky and said: "I will join the first ship willing to take me, and fish in space."
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

*looks at everyone else's entries*
>.> I feel like Kit needs a longer backstory/description to compete, but unlike most of my chars, she's pretty new and doesn't have a lot of history yet...
darn.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »

((So tempted to write up an engineer and join, but I feel kinda lazy. And sick. Mostly lazy. How long do I have?))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 07:06:11 pm »

Name: Wrog
Class: "Reformed" Space Pirate
Subclass: Humanoid Alligator in SPAAAAAACE (not reformed)
Bio: Wrog was once one of the most feared space pirates in existence.  He roamed the Outer Rim, robbing, killing, and occasionally eating its inhabitants.  All of this changed when he was captured attempting to buy contraband zebras from an undercover Sol enforcer.

As part of his sentence the top of his spine has been implanted with a cybernetic chip that causes him to feel intense pain if he so much as thinks of hurting a living being.  Now he can't even hunt prey animals.  He's been forced to stow his MZ-3 Devvegrator Cannon and seek work in another field.  The only thing he knows besides violence is this region of space.  But it would be a desperate ship that took on such an unskilled, disreputable hand...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 07:05:25 am »

Name: Roger
Class: Space Pigeon/Telepath
Bio: Roger was just flitting about this space port once, hopping from seed to seed and then chewing nervously but happily on a chunk of bread, when suddenly the doors behind him closed, and he realised he’d hopped onto, and been shut into, the crappiest space ship he’d ever seen! It was, however, considerably better than staying at home with the wife and kids, he reckoned naively, and the interior paint work was better too. So he wandered the dark tunnels of the Star Brick for several weeks, much to the chagrin of the janitor, and found his way to the captain, whereupon he immediately signed up for the role of Ship’s Pigeon – a traditional role in Anglophone navies since the days of Nelson, and one which, when filled by a competent pigeon, could bring enormously good luck to a ship and its crew.

Roger applied for the post with the power of his mind, which unfortunately means there’s no paperwork, so he won’t be eligible for a pension if he makes it to 65.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:07:09 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »

:'(
Nostalgia.

That is the greatest ship I'll be honored to be a crew of. If possible. It'll be awesome to watch. :D
Awesome work monk.
Also all those sheets :O Awesome!

This sheet has been identified as stolen material, with inks and recorded lettering of numerous literary origin.

Name: Sourisse Jurer
Class: "Material Appropriateer" // "Lookout"
Medical History BIOGRAPHY: Jure is described as a scavenger, namely by the quality and quickness she is able to recreate and repurpose used or discarded scrap and components: she is quick with her hands, ambidextrous in specific scenarios and knowledgeable in improvised work, accustomed to such settings by the usage of creativity and limited resources.

Jure is a rat. A humanoid mouse, to be exact. She is humanoid, though with the tail of a lion, the latter being what best describes her in her hooded robe. Her life before this was a jack-of-all-trades, spent in the many jobs of her own purview. Though the quality of her products are to say, minimal, it isn't her skill that denotes the horrid constructs she is left with, but necessity.

Her life has been one of necessity, of note, and her skills tailored to that of survival than the finer arts which civilizations find merit in their employ, though it is her dream to stand among the philosophers and teachers of society--she nonetheless finds joy in the repurposement value of traditional labor, as well as literature from borrowed books.

She has a wide array of knowledge, most unconnected to the professions first assumed, and is a very curious creature despite such: deliberately poking and testing just to see how things work, though is still assumed a youth due to her stature...and height.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

:'(
Nostalgia.

I cried too :(

I could barely see the screen :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8