Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eating as a creature  (Read 743 times)

DayDark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Eating as a creature
« on: September 18, 2014, 06:07:26 pm »

I should maybe put this under modding, but I've noticed as a dragon that I get hungry, but I don't know how to eat anything because I don't have a weapon to butcher with, and I can't grasp one anyways. Is there a special command to devour or something?

thanks

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Eating as a creature
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:33:38 pm »

I suspect you would have to mod such a thing in.  If you're desparate you can just raid hamlets for bags of berries or whatever else they have around.  but wait I suppose you have to pick those up to eat them?  If something is on the ground under you can you just eat it there?  If so you could try finding some edible crops around
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 12:35:03 am »

Yeah, you can't eat meat without a weapon to butcher creatures with, and creatures without grasping parts can't eat in adventure mode at all.  Bit of an oversight, I think... at the very least you should be able to eat items lying at your feet, in case a standard adventurer loses their hands.  The easiest fix for this is to add a custom bodypart GRASP_MOUTH which is a copy of the mouth with a GRASP tag, then replace the MOUTH bodypart in the creature's body plan with the GRASP_MOUTH.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:17 am »

I put that in a super-dog I wanted to play. I could punch with my mouth.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.