?
- 0 (0%)
!
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 21, 2014, 09:36:21 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Natural History Museum "Adventurer succession world"  (Read 13539 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Natural History Museum "Adventurer succession world"
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2014, 07:12:41 am »

Actually camps may not be necessary, if adventurers have a bit of patience and use the 'Q' key to locate settlements. They could do the following:

West to Anguishedbuck (1 day), South to Hailedown (1 day), Southwest to Trustedsnack (1 day), South to Latherappears (1 day), SSE to Songscalded (1 day), SSE to [DWARF] Helmtribute (1 day)

(Distances estimated)

With camps you could go direct to [DWARF] Tomeequal. I think that would take 4 days, so you'd need to place THREE camps along the way.

()==[:::::::::::::>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2014, 07:14:55 am »

The journey along that red line is maybe 2 days fast travel.  You would hit it before *sunset* the second day if you traveled through the night.
Compared to stretching for two along the safe route.

If you get a companion there's no problem aside from ambushes.
Even an unknown peasant can ask for a guide to [whereever] and use that guide to deter bogeys.  A guide is usually a soldier who knows the location or the 'well-traveled' person who gives you the quest details.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:17:54 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2014, 07:17:54 am »

So a single way-station (or two, to be safe) would need to be built up and supplied with a well and maybe some prepared food before being laired and retired.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2014, 07:39:07 am »

Getting a companion is tricky because of this bug.  But, hey, it's pisskop's problem now. Lol.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2014, 07:41:10 am »

I think we could just make a military fort instead, as Bob has suggested

---

Okay, Ill be stealin' the world for a touch.  Gonna get me some plants and play with them.

---

omg graphic packs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:50:36 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2014, 10:07:29 am »

Okay.  I think I started some point north of the museum.  God only knows where or why.  Why were there so many monkey corpses and wolves?  WHY?

I came to outside the fort.  (Where was everyone else?)
Around me, skeletons of mandril monkeys.  (did I do this?  Man, what kind of party was thrown?)
Grabbing my crossbow and steel bolts, I stand up to see a pack of wolves looking at me.  I run for a tree and climb it, sustaining moderate injury.
Climbing back down cautiously, I am determined to find the fort.  (I found the camp on the hill, so to the east?)

I found a broker, who explained that wolves were invading the place, assaulting anything too slow.  He told me to leave, to flee.  Our job here was accomplished, and samples were sent to the museum.  I was to take this last batch to them and await further orders.

I told him I didnt remember who I was, and he told me it didnt matter.  Then ran off screaming about 'Fluffly Wambler Unicorn Attack'.  Whatever.

Traveling West and North I found a corpse.  I filled my sack with his blood and took some peaches off the tree.  To find the musuem . . . He gave me a map, but didnt tell me where we were.

PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »

Erm... I did say on the 1st page that I was using the Phoebus graphic pack.  Also, the "Large map" shows exactly where the museum is.  I'll post it on the smaller map too, I guess...

There we go.  In the "small" map on the 1st post, the museum is the little white dot almost to the glacier the right of that black box.  On the "Large" map, you'll find that the names of each wing of the Museum are in that black box and if you scroll right a bit more, you'll find a site called "The Museum".  This is where all four wings are located.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:43:15 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2014, 01:40:01 pm »

I must say this "filled my sack with his blood" thing is a bit disconcerting. ;)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2014, 01:46:08 pm »

Good updates so far.  Absolute freakin chaos from turn 1, but we're getting submissions, I guess.  Ah - it seems as though we've stirred up some trouble from five-hundred years ago.  I'll explain all in "Current Events"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:41:27 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »

Good updates so far.  Absolute freakin chaos from turn 1, but we're getting submissions, I guess.  Ah - it seems as though we've stirred up some trouble from five-hundred years ago.  I'll explain all in "Current Events"
Ohh, I was at the museum.  Hmmm  I started there.

FYI, framerate is lower on the west side.  I would trying to enter from the east.  In the middle of the fort, which is north of a river head, a few tiles into the tundra.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:32:15 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »

FYI, framerate is lower on the west side.  I would trying to enter from the east.  In the middle of the fort, which is north of a river head, a few tiles into the tundra.

I did a test embark with the saved game in 40.13 and it looks like the wolves are slaughtering the mandrills and the unicorns are attacking everybody.  The wildlife is going, er, wild, which is causing all sorts of frame-rate drop.  For some reason, the dwarves I was able to speak with claimed they weren't at their homes, so the "lair" might have placed them all in the "wandering in the wilds" category, which makes finding out what the hell happened with the elven army an exercise in futility.  We'll see how this all shakes out.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2014, 06:10:11 pm »

I did a test embark with the saved game in 40.13 and it looks like the wolves are slaughtering the mandrills and the unicorns are attacking everybody.  The wildlife is going, er, wild, which is causing all sorts of frame-rate drop.  For some reason, the dwarves I was able to speak with claimed they weren't at their homes, so the "lair" might have placed them all in the "wandering in the wilds" category, which makes finding out what the hell happened with the elven army an exercise in futility.  We'll see how this all shakes out.

Its fine, I dont mind the crazy.  I just want others to know whats up and have an easier time.

For instance, I started all of 15 steps from a pack of wolves and the framerate hit was noticeable by and in the fort.  On the east side its much better.
  You have one dude on patrol and another appears to be comatose inside a tent.

Also, anybody know what I'm about to do? ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:11:43 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2014, 06:13:49 pm »

And here I thought that setting this klicks from nowhere in the serene wilderness would give us a little breathing room... <facepalm>

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2014, 07:48:00 pm »

I stumbled out of the area, cold and hoping I wasn't too far from this museum (wait, that looks familiar)
About 5 urists from the fort I realized that camp on the hill was the museum.  He was asking me to bring the plants to the hill!
After, I asked a fellow militia member what to do next  'Collect more stuff for the museum' was the reply.

Fine.  Ill take a swim for some aquatic life.  Maybe even touch the North Pole!
I'm now a legendary swimmer, a Masterful tracker, and an expert ambusher!

I found some nifty creatures and added more plants to our budding collection.  Then I retired for a time.  After, of course, I laid claim to the site as its rightful master.

All hail Tosid of the Swimlurks the Natural Shows of Growers!
But Ill settle for being a miner for now . . .

---

I volunteer to build my fort approximately halfway between the mountainhomes and the museum.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:59:53 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:39 pm »

Beautiful idea!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10