Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let’s run this into the ground!

Yes.
Hell yes.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)  (Read 36173 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: OPERATION PIMPSTACK (Ardentdikes III)
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »

Sir Humphrey Cactusson is not to be used for such ignoble purposes as "warfare".

not only that, but I strongly object to any war strategy taking place primarily between my bed and my wardrobe.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2014, 05:28:48 am »

not only that, but I strongly object to any war strategy taking place primarily between my bed and my wardrobe.
Hahaha! I'm almost tempted to sig this.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

Am I allowed to use it for an archery station?

Or weaponize other Cacti?

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2014, 01:19:17 am »

Just finished reading through Ardentdikes II a couple of days ago, humbly requesting to be dorfed as well as a turn at overseer.

As for the dorf in question, would prefer to have skills related to construction. Mechanic or mason with building designer and pump operator tacked on, since we'll never have enough of those to go around.

I have some experience with megaconstructions in my forts, though I have not participated in a community fortress before, so this should be fun.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2014, 06:59:35 pm »

No idea why, but DF isn't recognizing the save.  I'm going to try more things tonight, but nothing as worked so far.  Anyone have suggestions?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2014, 07:17:37 pm »

No idea why, but DF isn't recognizing the save.  I'm going to try more things tonight, but nothing as worked so far.  Anyone have suggestions?

The save was brought to 0.40.14 for the last part, so you need to get that. No stepladders, but feel free to DFHack them in.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:30 pm »

The save was brought to 0.40.14 for the last part, so you need to get that. No stepladders, but feel free to DFHack them in.

Ah, that would do it.  I didn't see an upgrade notice in the update or the OP so I thought it was still 40.13.  So does this mean none of the tools work with our current save?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:42:33 pm by Ghills »
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2014, 10:17:04 pm »

Just noticed, but we need one more vote to get Moltenchannels into the Hall of Legends, if anyone else feels like voting.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2014, 08:48:59 pm »

Everything going alright with the save?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »

No progress? Well I guess I can run this in parallel as a bit of a story fort and we can see how the craziness differs.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »

Just noticed, but we need one more vote to get Moltenchannels into the Hall of Legends, if anyone else feels like voting.

I wonder if my vote is already counted, considering I did the nomination and all that.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2014, 09:07:59 pm »

Been there done that

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2014, 01:17:13 am »

Sorry, RL got crazy this past week.  I'll have a post up sometime early next week.
To summarize:

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »

Sad news, everyone. I'm afraid we're going to have to skip my turn, because nothing I do gets the save to load.  For starters, I keep getting warnings about encryption when trying to copy the save file around - do you have a security program running that would do this? Are you using a Mac with disk encryption? Any ideas?  I did eventually got DF 40.14 to recognize the save and thought I'd fixed the problem, but every time DF still crashes. Sometimes I get FATAL WORD ERROR, sometimes it's just an inexplicable crash.

This is why I think holding off on updates is a good idea.  Updates mid-game are always risky and this save seems to be borked. Or at least, this save + my computer is borked, hopefully it'll work for someone else.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:05:50 pm by Ghills »
To summarize:

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2014, 07:56:07 am »

Let me see if I can play it. If not, then the save might be broken. Have you tried downloading a new copy?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14